hate the new leveling system

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
You my friend need to do ranked battle because I leveled up twice in one day because of ranked...

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Leveling does take more patients compared to how it used to be, but it can still be done quickly in ranked mode regardless.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
You sure you're not just impatient? I think it's a great way to measure playing time and differentiate it from others, whereas the old system had a bunch of level 20s.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Nah, it's fine with me. Reaching lvl 50 takes ages and there's no real strong benefit on it, i wouldn't get too worked up about it. It's more of a long-term goal rather than something you'd prob want to achieve right away.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
There is almost no benefit to leveling up unless you are just dying for the octoshot or legendary cap. It is just something kinda nice that happens.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
I think its fine, gives me something to acheive every few days, though I do miss those level grinds when I first got the game.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Just doing a bunch of squads really helps, I don't consider myself to play all too often and i'm already level 42

Noire

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Kyseria
Didn't they say shortly after Splatoon launched that they were worried on how many players got to Level 20 so fast?
Part of me thinks they made leveling much slower after 20 was to discourage users from playing too much and playing
a little bit a day to eventually reach Level 50. And the fastest way to get to 50 at this current time is get good at ranked.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
When they first announced the level cap was increasing to 50, a friend of mine tried to see if they could extrapolate a formula from the first 20 to see approximately how many points level 50 would take. Using a cubic fit they came up with ~7,700,000p to reach level 50.

You should be very glad Nintendo decided to make these levels work differently.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
Well, there isn't too much difference between 7.7M p and 11,160 splatfst points: 1,116 wins in ranked * 5,500p (if you're S) = 6.138M p

I think someone calculated how much time it takes from Lv. 20 to 50. It's supposed to be about 300 hours of Turf or 240 hours of Ranked Matches. That's a lot, but better than everyone sitting at the cap. I actually hope Nintendo increases the cap to 99 at some point. Leveling up from 50 to 99 then would take roughly 6 times as long as from 20 to 50 :D THEN we'll be talking about long leveling stretches.

If you want to level quickly you should play ranked when zones is in rotation. It's the quickest of the three ranked modes, because knockouts happen fairly often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom