Have You 100% Completed Single Player Mode?

Nuddlmaus

Pro Squid
NNID
Nuddlmaus
Funny story i really had myself drag through the story and for unlocking the hero splattershot but i had way more fun when i was unlocking the brella, i like the story and i think speedrunning is fun but not all levels are fun to play and overall i had more fun with the first campaign. I hope they make the Story Mode different in Splatoon 3.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
UHGhhhk~... blegh!

So far, according to Splatnet in at 638% completed with that madness. Even when trying to speed through it it's all a grind!

For now I usually just do a sector at a time with a weapon during server maintenance or when I need a break from multiplayer.

At the very least I can get some coin tickets out of this ordeal... doesn't alleviate my need to harm someone for this nonsense however... ¬¬

Padre

Pro Squid
Single player mode is harder than the real thing. I cannot see myself going through it. :)

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
I have beaten single player but I still need to complete each level with each weapon... tis gonna take a while :'3...
It does take a while. I did it in small chunks. Whenever I got tired of ranked, whenever randoms annoyed me so much I wanted to throw my controller, or there was server maintenance; I'd pop over and do a level. I had already unlocked the Hero shot and dualies, so I would use whatever was left.

Most boss fights are easy, and fast; especially if you've upgraded the weapons. Sticking to one level at a time helps too as you get the layout, timing and enemies memorized. You will face a couple of challenges, but you can persevere - I'm no pro and I managed, so anyone can.

Danku

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-6239-2879-4288
How can you even beat the sniper level with low range weapons on world 2? :O
Bombs explode instantly if they touch the grapplink, so you can toss bombs instead of using a charger.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
@SAHSWAMPY,
Adding to what @SqidVishus stated, I'd say go ahead and do a full weapon playthrough of whatever levels you found most difficult or tricky for you. That way you can get that nonsense out of the way as quickly as possible.

Wosie

Inkling Cadet
NNID
purpleWosie
Switch Friend Code
SW-7996-5480-4886
@SAHSWAMPY,
Adding to what @SqidVishus stated, I'd say go ahead and do a full weapon playthrough of whatever levels you found most difficult or tricky for you. That way you can get that nonsense out of the way as quickly as possible.
Man, I should've thought of that! It would've saved me some heart-ache, realising which level was up next... *shudder* I really detested the level with the constant bull's eye-switches (its name evades me), but when using the last couple of unlocked weapons I just breezed through it luckily. ^.^

SAHSWAMPY

Semi-Pro Squid
@SAHSWAMPY,
It does take a while. I did it in small chunks. Whenever I got tired of ranked, whenever randoms annoyed me so much I wanted to throw my controller, or there was server maintenance; I'd pop over and do a level. I had already unlocked the Hero shot and dualies, so I would use whatever was left.

Most boss fights are easy, and fast; especially if you've upgraded the weapons. Sticking to one level at a time helps too as you get the layout, timing and enemies memorized. You will face a couple of challenges, but you can persevere - I'm no pro and I managed, so anyone can.
thanks for the tips :D

Platinum Inkling

Senior Squid
I only did it for the dualies, just because I wanted the Hero Dualies. I want the other hero weapons too, but I've just been too caught up with everything else in the game to try. Though I'll never 1000% it, I don't think. That world 4 boss fight is way too annoying to do that many times. It took me 17 minutes to finish with the dualies, never again.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I completed it 1000%! I don't want to play ranked because obviously, turf war gets borng, friends don't join league, so I ended up just playing a bunch of single player.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
I only did it for the dualies, just because I wanted the Hero Dualies. I want the other hero weapons too, but I've just been too caught up with everything else in the game to try. Though I'll never 1000% it, I don't think. That world 4 boss fight is way too annoying to do that many times. It took me 17 minutes to finish with the dualies, never again.
Quick tip to you and anyone else: When doing a full weapon run of the sector four boss, I managed by using the grindrails to jump atop its head and deal with the octocopters up close. When it wasn't close enough to the rails I just figured out how to properly aim the rolling things at it.

Haven't looked up how speed runners have done it, but that's also worth checking out so you can deal with that boss as quickly as possible with little annoyance.

SqidVishus

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-0563-5067-5130
Quick tip to you and anyone else: When doing a full weapon run of the sector four boss, I managed by using the grindrails to jump atop its head and deal with the octocopters up close. When it wasn't close enough to the rails I just figured out how to properly aim the rolling things at it.

Haven't looked up how speed runners have done it, but that's also worth checking out so you can deal with that boss as quickly as possible with little annoyance.
Yeah. That boss sucks with the majority of weapons. The rails work and also the treadmills that launch you high enough to sometimes land a hit.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
The rails, the center trampoline, and the corner treadmills are the ways to go if you aren't using the Charger or Splatling, although speedrunners will avoid the rails for sure. The Rolonium works well when you're using the Roller, Brush, or Slosher, since you can aim high and still hit the Rolonium. I too found the Dualies, with their poor range, to be the hardest, although the Brella was no picnic either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom