Have you ever had a weapon you wished to master but you just can't grasp it?

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
This is the case with the bamboozler for me. I love this weapon to death but it is just so darn hard to use. I know that shooting a charged shot then uncharged in rapid succession is the way to splat someone, but if I want to get lots of splats, I will be dying a lot. If they could only make the bamboozlers ink spread slightly more wider when shooting I'm pretty sure I could break 1000 in turf wars.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Not to worry, Disruptors and Echolocater on the MK II will help solve that problem by making enemys easier to hit twice.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
In my case I'll say the Nozzlenose family (I tend to miss quite a bit) and the Mini Splatling (I'm not an agressive player) :confused:

Karonax

Octobrushinobi
NNID
Karonax
Octobrush... I'm a mega aggressive player, and having no means to push into enemy ink other than physically pushing into it (suicide). I'm hoping the Octobrush Noveau will alleviate that issue some.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Chargers in general. I just don't have good enough aim, and the only one I can remotely use is the Splatterscope, simply because it has OK charge speed, enough range to stay safe, and Splat Bombs to back it up. Would really like to learn the (Custom) E-Liter 3K scope and the Bamboozler MK II.

electraheart

Senior Squid
NNID
howalive
For me, it's chargers as well. I'm not very good at aiming or just getting the timing right.
Splatling guns too.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
Splatlings and L-3 family
and I main the stuff so... Its kinda embarrassing ><

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
The custom dual squelcher. I have over 50k turf inked, but I can't seem to get good with it. I love the range and the sub, and I like the kraken well enough, but I can't seem to get splats with it consistently.

It's probably because I started using the splattershot pro, which is good range and a faster ttk. So I treat the CJS like a spro, and that just doesn't work...

NimbusSpark

Inkster Jr.
NNID
NimbusSpark
In my case, generally most weapons which have Disruptors as their secondary weapon. Theory-wise, I really love them in terms of how they support the team by preventing the enemy player from moving as quickly or using their secondary weapon, but I just can't really get to grips in terms of actually using them in a 'mastery' extent.
This is especially troublesome for me, considering that whilst I must say I have good performance with the Bamboozler 14 MK.I, I'm planning to switch to the MK.II ASAP as soon as it gets released.
The Echolocator just synergises so well with Disruptors...

Inyo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
SurfGreenGibby
I'm awful with Chargers and being a good Charger would be fun, but it doesn't bother me that much since I never play snipers in shooters, anyways. Blasters are really fun but the aiming curve seems beyond me, so I don't sweat it much.

I'm MOST annoyed by being awful with Splattlings, not so much the Mini since I can do okay with it, but more the Heavy. I just can't make heads or tails of it, which is too bad because they are extremely fun and deadly in the right hands, i.e., not mine.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
The (new) squiffer. I love this weapon so much because the sound it makes when you splat an opponent is so satisfying. At times i kick *** with the weapons. Other times i completely suck with it. The classic with point sensor helps a little, but not on every stage. I really want to get better at this weapon (either that or i need to know which stage it does and doesn't work on).

Last edited:

Lorbeerprinz

Full Squid
NNID
lorbeerprinz
Rollers in general. No matter how much I try them, I'm so bad at them I can't even beat the Amiibo challenges (yes, really). I would like to find a roller I can work well with and ocassionally use in multiplayer, but... ugh... no matter which one I try, no matter how often I try I'm always the bottom of the barell with them. Blasters are another thing i can't really get behind for some reason.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
So, how do you guys/gals/squids get better?

I played a few games with the CJS again last night and I tried using my bombs a lot more, which helped a lot. The ttk is pretty bad, so I lose to just about anything up close if I just shoot. And I noticed that if I simply try to bomb my way out of a situation I didn't have good enough aim with the burst bombs to survive. But when I combined the two I had more success (not perfect, but better).

What are some of your tips for getting better at these guns we want to master but just can't?

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller

I played a few games with the CJS again last night and I tried using my bombs a lot more, which helped a lot. The ttk is pretty bad, so I lose to just about anything up close if I just shoot. And I noticed that if I simply try to bomb my way out of a situation I didn't have good enough aim with the burst bombs to survive. But when I combined the two I had more success (not perfect, but better).

What are some of your tips for getting better at these guns we want to master but just can't?
CJS is easily number 2 on my tier list. it's a really defensive gun and a master of denial of area.

The main things are to get good with burst bombs, try playing other burst bomb weapons like the neo splash or carbon to get a feel for how you use them to supplement (and sometimes replace) your main weapon. Only use kraken as a last last resort. Bombs should be your last resort, only kraken when those don't work. Check your flanks, a lot. Abuse the **** out of the fact that no other shooter can compete with your range. Right side peeking is usually only for chargers but I feel like this weapon also sorta benefits from it. One damage up tends to lower the shots to kill a surprising amount, plus it makes burst bombs better. abuse the fact you can shoot over walls (or throw burst bombs). If somebody escapes your last shot. chuck a burst bomb over the wall and get them.

oh and prefire everything.

I really like the style of the bamboozler but i can't seem to get the hang of it. the kit is kinda gross for a sniper tbh maybe mkII will be good.

Yellowkirbyguy

Senior Squid
At the moment, i've been wanting to main a non blaster weapon. Something that you don't come across often, yet it's awesome. The Mini Splatling. Man i don't know if i'm using this right. I know it's an offensive type weapon, but its fast charge and ink spread capabilities plus how it can defend itself AND inkzooka just make me want to try the defensive way. It only worked well on Moray towers (Splatzones) a few times. Outside of that, i've been going sub par to above average at best with this weapon(Yet still managing my rank). But I'm determined to make it work.

Yeah i know there's the Heavy Splatling, but i want to try the Mini first.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
At the moment, i've been wanting to main a non blaster weapon. Something that you don't come across often, yet it's awesome. The Mini Splatling. Man i don't know if i'm using this right. I know it's an offensive type weapon, but its fast charge and ink spread capabilities plus how it can defend itself AND inkzooka just make me want to try the defensive way. It only worked well on Moray towers (Splatzones) a few times. Outside of that, i've been going sub par to above average at best with this weapon(Yet still managing my rank). But I'm determined to make it work.

Yeah i know there's the Heavy Splatling, but i want to try the Mini first.
I think it comes down to knowing your opponents range. I'm pretty sure it actually gets outranged by the long range shooters. But it outranges the mid range. So I guess play defensive with mid range and lower. but play aggressive with any longer range foes.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
CJS is easily number 2 on my tier list. it's a really defensive gun and a master of denial of area.
Yeah, using it in Bluefin basically allows me to prevent one whole side from being taken over. If I screw up even a little though, I'm usually dead. Not a lot of room for error with this gun.

The main things are to get good with burst bombs, try playing other burst bomb weapons like the neo splash or carbon to get a feel for how you use them to supplement (and sometimes replace) your main weapon. Only use kraken as a last last resort. Bombs should be your last resort, only kraken when those don't work. Check your flanks, a lot. Abuse the **** out of the fact that no other shooter can compete with your range. Right side peeking is usually only for chargers but I feel like this weapon also sorta benefits from it. One damage up tends to lower the shots to kill a surprising amount, plus it makes burst bombs better. abuse the fact you can shoot over walls (or throw burst bombs). If somebody escapes your last shot. chuck a burst bomb over the wall and get them.
I practiced in single player with burst bombs (sorta by accident as I had forgotten I had them selected), but it actually really helped me figure out how/when to throw them. I always run one damage up because of the 99.9 three-shot. I do think the kicker is the burst bombs (and maybe getting better at leading my shots, I often get two or three hits in before they scoot out of range). I use both the carbon roller and the splash-neo as well as the vanilla splattershot; is there one that is best to practice with?

oh and prefire everything.
What do you mean? Like, always cover everything before rushing in?

Thanks for the advice.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
@MakesDream Like the squiffer, you can't really treat the bamboozler as a sniper. It doubles as a sniper, but more often than not, you're using it as a rifle. That means you have to be as mobile as a long range weapon (.96, dual squelcher) with it. Naturally you can use it as a reliable sniper, but don't just use it for just that. And because of how mobile you can be with it, splash walls are actually quite useful.

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
@Tim H. here's a tip. If you run a minimum of 1 main damage and 2 damge subs or 5 damage up subs (not counting defense up on opponent) the CJS essentially two shots opponents. If you direct hit an opponent with a burst bomb, quickly followed by one jet squelcher shot you can quickly kill your opponent (try it out in the training room). Now it is quite difficuly to do actually since it's not quite easy to get a direct burst bomb hit. Normally speaking then an indirect becomes a 3 shot (one burst bomb and two jet squelcher shot) which is still significantly faster than it's normal ttk. I would honestly recommend running the jet squelcher with 2 damage ups instead of just one. Other abilities that are useful (to me atleast) are special charge, ink saver main and ink recovery and swim speed. You don't need all of these btw, just pick the ones you feel help the most.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral

Remember that the Jet Squelcher sacrifices firepower for range and accuracy, so use that to your advantage and splat them from afar (or just smack them in the face with a Burst Bomb if they get closer). In a close range firefight the Jet Squelcher on its own is more likely to lose against pretty much anything by design :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom