• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

having trouble getting to x rank? heres how

-*-

Full Squid
do you feel you constantly do everything and your teammates dont do ****?

do you see a rainmaker without a barrier lying in the middle of the map while everyone doesn't touch it?

ever ran into a frustrating tower control situation where no one moves the tower?

how many times have you launched a football into a barrier only to find your need to be carried teammates had no clams to contribute?

ever feel like youre the only player who can stay alive for a whole minute?

ever feel like the game suddenly starts ****ing you over after a winning streak?

players. if you are in c, b, a, s, or s+
if youre waiting for the "fair" scenario. where every player does their part and you get to x rank based off your effort combined with others doing their part
ITS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN
anyone who complains they do all the work, or get the most splats but cant rank up, belong where they are

x rank is not for you
you do not belong in x rank

x rank is for the Lebrons and Kobe's of this game
not the 6th man of the year
x rank is for players who's back can still hold up after a session of carrying
for the players who run the rainmaker aggressively up the map because no one else will
the players who move the tower and wreck the opponents at the same time
the players who knew exactly where to find more clams the second they threw in the power clam and broke the barrier
the players who will be left standing solo and take out the entire team so that the zones can be taken back

x rank is for the creative, the colorful, the clutch

x rank is for those who dont wait on a fair world
but achieve their goals
through incredible efforts
and never wait for someone else to get it off the ground

some players have made it to x rank with aero sprays and an average splat count of 5.

because splats dont do everything
because whining doesn't do everything
because waiting on others doesn't do everything

getting to x rank takes alot of miracles
and if you want to get there
be the miracle

move the rainmaker
move the tower
take the zones
move the clams

dont complain
just do it
if youre meant to be in x rank. you will find a way

just know no one else is gonna get you there. it will be all on your own. and there will be too many games to count where you do way more than what was required

because when you win
the game will pair you with bad players

youre gonna run into 3 v 4

be prepared

and one more thing
have fun!
its only when most x rank players stop giving a **** they can become creative and get there very fast

its why the top pro players always smile during lans!

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I am X in a few modes and can confirm that I am nowhere near a "Lebron" or "Kobe" - just like alot of other people in X.

Reactions: -*-

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
About 1% of Splatoon 2 players were in X rank, the last time I checked. All NBA players put together, plus all NCAA players in all divisions combined, are less than 1% of all people who play basketball.

-*-

Full Squid
About 1% of Splatoon 2 players were in X rank, the last time I checked. All NBA players put together, plus all NCAA players in all divisions combined, are less than 1% of all people who play basketball.
and just like the analogy, alot of people dont get into splatoon for competition, they get into it for fun. we need them, they are very important to the community. I was just talking to players frustrated with the rank up process

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
THIS ^

There's a quote from this old sitcom that starred Norm MacDonald that I love. He played an ex-(end of the bench)-NHL player, and some kid came up to him and told him he sucked at hockey. His response was something like, "No, you're wrong. I wasn't a sucky hockey player. I just sucked for an NHL player. I was GREAT at hockey."

The point being that even the worst player who makes it to X is better than almost everyone in the world who plays or will play any Splatoon game. That worst player just sucks compared to other X rank players.

Just like how any player to make an NBA roster is among one of the best players to ever play basketball -- even if they are the worst NBA player of the modern NBA.

Let's have some perspective.

and just like the analogy, alot of people dont get into splatoon for competition, they get into it for fun. we need them, they are very important to the community. I was just talking to players frustrated with the rank up process
That's certainly a little more fair.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Huh. Go figure.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
You know, I made it to X in two modes using only chargers - and I have basically no aim nor any notable gamesense - so there's still some hope for others to get carried if they play enough matches. :D

Keep believing, my lads. Let the others do the work for you, any strat that works eventually is a valid strat, yeye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom