Headcanon Thread

MelodicFeline

Inkling
I noticed that a long time ago we had a headcanon thread for Splatoon one, but we haven’t rebooted it for 2. And now that we have more content, I thought it would be the perfect time to create this thread.
If you don’t know what a headcanon is, here’s some examples (and my personal headcanons):
  • Inkling ink, when viewed by a human, would most of the time look black, and not pink, blue etc. This is due to the fact that Inklings can see more colors than humans.
  • Red, white, black and brown ink are used and unrestricted, however it is rare for any of them to be used in regular Turf Wars with randoms.
  • Splatoons (more on that later) often “reserve” two colors: One for playing normally, and one for when the two colors of the teams are too similar. Often, one of the two colors is red, white, black or brown, to distinguish from regular non-team battles.
  • Color lock is a semi-disability. Some inklings cannot change their ink color, but the rest of the team can, most of the time. The other team members change their ink color to match said color, and the opponent changes their ink color to be the most contrasting color.
  • There are three stages of teaming up: Teaming up with randoms, having one or two permanent teammates, and having a Splatoon. A Splatoon is basically a clan of four or more Inklings that are in one team.
  • In-universe, hacking is breaking Turf War code, such as having a constant Kraken. Color hacking however is not breaking the rules, as there are no restrictions on ink colors.

epicRedHot

Inkling
A lot of my headcanons come from reading through the "Inkling/Octoling Biology" thread from a good while back (real shame nobody goes on that thread anymore, it was a fun read).

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
My headcanon is that Inkopolis is my personal inkling reserve where I get to pet, feed, and play with inklings whenever I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom