Hello Fellow Inklings!

Hello~ Um, I guess I'm new here...?

I actually found this board after just looking up images, and an image link led to here. So I guess that's a thing. ^_^' Glad I found it and decided to sign up.

So, a bit about me (if anyone is interested):

+ I am a huge fan of the sappy cliche teen highschool movies. I also really LOVE annoying characters (but I do have my limits either way).

+ I do not have the game yet, but thankfully my friend is buying me one so I hope I can play soon!

+ I do draw in my spare time, but I want to be a photographer when I get into college. And maybe have art as a side hobby.

+ I am a HUGE fan of Calli and Mari. Especially Callie! <3 I also like the Octarians, but if I were to choose then I'd be a Inkling.

+ I tend to be a lurker, so I might not post/reply/comment that much. But I am always happy to chat!

+ Just a warning, sometimes I can post over 20 times a day....then not post at all for weeks. Then I'll come back, post a bit, then be gone again.

+ My favorite color is pink! Especially when put with black. But if I had to choose a color, it'd be purple.

And....that's it! I guess if anyone wants to know more about me, then they can just ask! ;)

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
Welcome to the boards!
Fridge should be the right, if you need it.
Make yourself at home.
I do draw in my spare time, but I want to be a photographer when I get into college. And maybe have art as a side hobby.
Hey, nice to hear!
As for myself: I want to draw, but I just don't think I have the patience for it. Any advice?

Welcome! :)

Hey, that's pretty cool! Is there anything you like to draw or photograph in particular?
Thank you! *huggles*

Well, my style changes frequently but I might be leaning more towards how the Inklings are drawn. They look cartoony enough for me to draw, plus I love the li'l eye mask thing going on.

And for photography....I haven't really fully started that part yet. ^^' I'm planning on getting a camera and just taking pictures of whatever I feel like. I've always wanted to just go around town and snap a few. But for now, I have like...2 pictures, and they're food. I took those with my mom's phone too.

Welcome to the boards!
Fridge should be the right, if you need it.
Make yourself at home.
Hey, nice to hear!
As for myself: I want to draw, but I just don't think I have the patience for it. Any advice?
Thanks! <3

Oh, believe me, you NEED the patience to draw. Sometimes it takes me 2-3 hours just for the lines, and coloring can take anywhere from an hour to a few days.
My best bet?
If you want to practice coloring first, look up some lineart and color away. It's also therapeutic for when you get stressed out.
But if you want to start with your own stuff, then take it in steps. The first step is trying to figure out the body structure. There are tutorials for that out there, just search up things like 'How To Draw Adventure Time Style' and that should be a great start. Then practice doing the body structure, and then coloring should come easy afterwards.
And always, take breaks if you feel you need it. Art can take hours, days, weeks, and even months to complete depending on what you're making. Just take it easy, go at your own pace, and try different styles when you can.
If this doesn't work, then let me know. Everyone takes to drawing differently, but I hope I helped ya. ;)

For me, I always focus more on the coloring than the lines. The lines part is easy as I do everything in SAI, but the coloring part I always get conflicted on. Sometimes it's easy, but most days I just stare and go 'what the fudge am I doing?'. Then I give up and come back a week later to finish it. Or maybe not at all. It really depends on my mood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom