• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hello! New-ish to Splatoon and anxious to start!

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Hi! I just made this account and tried adding to a bunch of conversations, but I am still waiting approval (c'mon mods!!!) and I am anxious for this game to come out.

I sort of missed out on what the first game had to offer, as I only rented it from gamefly and all I did was the campaign, as I do not like to PvP much. Too much tentacle measuring for my taste. I did love the concept though and decided I would get Splatoon 2 regardless after the test fire (MAN I wish they'd give us another one before the game launched and let us test Salmon Run =O)

As I just stated, I can not WAIT to get into Salmon Run. I shine far brighter in a PvE setting and I look forward to the mode taking off and getting lots of changes and additions in the games life. Hope to catch y'all in game!

Magic8Ball

Inkling Cadet
Community Ambassador
NNID
M4g1c8Ball
Hey there, welcome to Squidboards! Glad to see such an eager beaver joining the ranks, and I'm glad you'll give the new full game a try! It has a lot to offer. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

squiddoodly

Full Squid
Welcome to the Squidboards, I just joined very recently too. It's crazy that you just joined today and you already have 17 messages and 8 likes. That's some amazing dedication.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
Welcome to the Squidboards, I just joined very recently too. It's crazy that you just joined today and you already have 17 messages and 8 likes. That's some amazing dedication.
haha well first thing I did was jump in and reply to a bunch of threads....but they all had to await moderator approval, and they all hit at once when they did approve me XD

squiddoodly

Full Squid
Ahh, you're very daring, I used to be apart of a different forum where I used to do that. The difference between this community and the other one was they bashed people for spamming the forums and double posting. Squidboards doesn't seem to be like that so I'm guessing you stumbled into the right community.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
I got Splatoon towards Christmas of 2015, so I basically missed half of the splatfest, but got to see the grand finale.

The only problem is that most of the gameplay of Splatoon is going to be PVP. Without it, you won't rank up or get money to buy new attire. That is the importance of it besides Salmon run. You are better off getting comfortable with the single player mode before jumping into any of the other two so you know what weapon you'd be maining.

The game is a learning curve, so expect to die often. Especially considering the testfire from the first one limited to guns and so forth, so it is different from the actual copy.

Not trying to be rude or anything, just saying don't expect salmon run to be the only 'thing' to dice on for the rest of the game. You could end up getting bored, and or miss out over the other advantages the game has to offer.

Anyway, welcome to the boards. I hope we can help you improve your skills!

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
I got Splatoon towards Christmas of 2015, so I basically missed half of the splatfest, but got to see the grand finale.

The only problem is that most of the gameplay of Splatoon is going to be PVP. Without it, you won't rank up or get money to buy new attire. That is the importance of it besides Salmon run. You are better off getting comfortable with the single player mode before jumping into any of the other two so you know what weapon you'd be maining.

The game is a learning curve, so expect to die often. Especially considering the testfire from the first one limited to guns and so forth, so it is different from the actual copy.

Not trying to be rude or anything, just saying don't expect salmon run to be the only 'thing' to dice on for the rest of the game. You could end up getting bored, and or miss out over the other advantages the game has to offer.

Anyway, welcome to the boards. I hope we can help you improve your skills!
Aye, maybe Salmon Run WOULD get boring after a time, but again, that is why I hope it gets expanded a lot after launch. I also think I would enjoy running the old levels over and over, pick up optimal pathing, speed running, etc...

Turf wars here and there too I guess.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
Aye, maybe Salmon Run WOULD get boring after a time, but again, that is why I hope it gets expanded a lot after launch. I also think I would enjoy running the old levels over and over, pick up optimal pathing, speed running, etc...

Turf wars here and there too I guess.
I am just saying since 60 dollars is quite a lot to spend if you only going to cut out more than half of the game. Consider your options, which I know you are doing. Don't be afraid of not being 'good' at something. So good luck, hopefully the game is suitable for your favor.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
If nothing else, I implore you to give ranked a try at the very least. Splatoon's matches are so blazing fast, a maximum of 5 minutes, that attempting it a few times won't even take a full hour.

OogieBoogie

Pro Squid
NNID
MrOogieBoogie
If nothing else, I implore you to give ranked a try at the very least. Splatoon's matches are so blazing fast, a maximum of 5 minutes, that attempting it a few times won't even take a full hour.
Gah...now ranked is one thing I really do not think I would enjoy much. I get there isn't communication to get flamed and toxicity is difficult to witness, but that still sounds a bit too hardcore for me. Like I will feel bad if I end up in 4th by a mile, clearly being the one who dragged my team down XD

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Gah...now ranked is one thing I really do not think I would enjoy much. I get there isn't communication to get flamed and toxicity is difficult to witness, but that still sounds a bit too hardcore for me. Like I will feel bad if I end up in 4th by a mile, clearly being the one who dragged my team down XD
All I ask is that you try it. I mean, I normally hate PVP, I still do for the most part, but Splatoon managed to grab me and here we are, hundreds of gameplay hours later :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom