• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Help from high rank bamboozler players wanted

TacoOfDestruction

Pro Squid
NNID
JD1973
I've wanted to learn the bamboozler or more specifically the MKII for quite a while now.
The main things I'm wondering is what would I be running ability wise for this weapon, the set I'm currently looking towards is this
:head_eye002::ability_bombrange::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_runspeed:
:clothes_swt006::ability_coldblooded::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
Traditional sandals :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_specialduration: (Got these ages ago via dumb luck)
Is this a good enough set for the MKII? What gear sets would you recommend?
Is cold blooded necessary for this weapon?
Is ink resistance needed?

Another thing I've been wondering about is that a while ago I saw a bamboozler guide on Reddit saying that 2 half charges is more optimal than the charged and uncharged shot most people use, is this true?

Thanks

sammich

Inkling Cadet
i usually run a similar set, though i sacrifice damage ups for fashion. =/

i don't think cold blooded is necessary, though. you have the range to hold off most enemies and the quick charge speed combined with the disruptors hindering anybody pulling the jump on you. plus, with your obtrusive charger thread and unique firing sound people will know where you are regardless.

my recommended addition is adding something with ink resistance up. you don't ink the floor well, and if an enemy ambushes you oftentimes you'll still be standing in enemy ink even after releasing a fully charged shot . ink res up really increases your chances for survival here.

a fully charged followed by a quick shot will kill most people, but it won't be enough to kill people who use defense ups (you'll need to fire ANOTHER uncharged shot). two semi-charged shots probably cover these people. still, i generally prefer the charge+uncharged method because you can fire the second almost instantaneously, which gives your opponent less time to react after the first shot. two semi-charged is also probably slightly faster, total, than charged+uncharged... but again, i don't really consider the first charge's time to be much of an issue when you usually are charging before an enemy is actually in your range anyway.

i generally let the moment decide how much i'm going to charge, though.

Trunks159

Full Squid
NNID
Trunks159
I've wanted to learn the bamboozler or more specifically the MKII for quite a while now.
The main things I'm wondering is what would I be running ability wise for this weapon, the set I'm currently looking towards is this
:head_eye002::ability_bombrange::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration::ability_runspeed:
:clothes_swt006::ability_coldblooded::ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
Traditional sandals :ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_specialduration: (Got these ages ago via dumb luck)
Is this a good enough set for the MKII? What gear sets would you recommend?
Is cold blooded necessary for this weapon?
Is ink resistance needed?

Another thing I've been wondering about is that a while ago I saw a bamboozler guide on Reddit saying that 2 half charges is more optimal than the charged and uncharged shot most people use, is this true?

Thanks
I don't use the Bamboozler too much since its just not too good on a bunch of maps.
But when I do, I run:
:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_specialduration:
:ability_damage:(some other subs)
:ability_inkresistance::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_inksavermain:
I just do the charged then uncharged.
Cold Blooded and Bomb Range Up aren't necessary.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
Hello, I made a guide talking about an unorthodox method that many people don't consider with Bamboozler. I'll sum it up here, but I'll still post it. Instead of firing a full charge shot to uncharged, mass fire half charged shots instead. The amount of damage up you need to make this work effectively is 1 Damage Up Main and 4 Damage Up subs. Exactly that, any less and now you're risking missing kills to defense or shots being undercharged and any more and you are taking excessive damage up you don't need.

The reason why this is better is because you are killing them efficiently. You will only be overkilling about 10 damage instead of like 40 damage so you're spending less time on charging. On top of this it helps zone enemies back and hold spacing as they will be pressured by a large quantity of shots in a short amount of time. I do sometimes do full charged to uncharged, but a lot less than half charged shots.

As for abilities I haven't used Cold-Blooded in a long time and don't really feel the need to. I've tried Ink Resistance, I've tried to like it, but overall I never felt I was really receiving a massive benefit for it. I love Run Speed Bamboozler. When I'm not using it I just feel like a massive target standing still with shots, but with it I feel perfect so I'd definitely recommend at least a little. I've also tried Bomb Range Up before and it worked fine, but then I got the pure roll on my shirt and I'd prefer that more.

My kit: I still need to work on it some more, right now the defense and special charge up aren't really doing anything.

The guide I made https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/c...zler_as_a_semiauto_shooter_basic_usage_guide/

[If you care about my credentials as a Bamboozler player at all, I play Bamboozler all the time in tournaments and me in my team are currently in Division A2 in the league]

Breademic

Senior Squid
NNID
Breademic
Hello, I made a guide talking about an unorthodox method that many people don't consider with Bamboozler. I'll sum it up here, but I'll still post it. Instead of firing a full charge shot to uncharged, mass fire half charged shots instead. The amount of damage up you need to make this work effectively is 1 Damage Up Main and 4 Damage Up subs. Exactly that, any less and now you're risking missing kills to defense or shots being undercharged and any more and you are taking excessive damage up you don't need.

The reason why this is better is because you are killing them efficiently. You will only be overkilling about 10 damage instead of like 40 damage so you're spending less time on charging. On top of this it helps zone enemies back and hold spacing as they will be pressured by a large quantity of shots in a short amount of time. I do sometimes do full charged to uncharged, but a lot less than half charged shots.

As for abilities I haven't used Cold-Blooded in a long time and don't really feel the need to. I've tried Ink Resistance, I've tried to like it, but overall I never felt I was really receiving a massive benefit for it. I love Run Speed Bamboozler. When I'm not using it I just feel like a massive target standing still with shots, but with it I feel perfect so I'd definitely recommend at least a little. I've also tried Bomb Range Up before and it worked fine, but then I got the pure roll on my shirt and I'd prefer that more.

My kit: I still need to work on it some more, right now the defense and special charge up aren't really doing anything.

The guide I made https://www.reddit.com/r/splatoon/c...zler_as_a_semiauto_shooter_basic_usage_guide/

[If you care about my credentials as a Bamboozler player at all, I play Bamboozler all the time in tournaments and me in my team are currently in Division A2 in the league]

Nice abilities on your parka. Haha
I've been wanting to use Bamboozler, but it's difficult. :c

gourmetset

Inkster Jr.
NNID
gourmetset
Why do all the people use the MK ll?
I like the MK l more

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
I feel the Mark II is also good for learning how to splat with the Bamboozler alone, whereas the Splash Walls and Killer Wail on the Mark I become a crutch. With the Mark II, you HAVE to splat using the Bamboozler itself, though Echolocator and Disruptorsmake it easier.

I always go for fully-charged, then uncharged. Two reasons for that: First, if I can catch someone off-guard with the first shot, they won't have time to react to the second one. The Bamboozler is lightning fast with charging, but that's still enough time for opponents to instinctively run away after a half-charged shot, and I'm more likely to miss the second shot if I do two half-shots. The other is that a fully-charged shot creates a continuous line of ink, great for if they DO manage to run away and you can give chase.

That, and I am apparently an inker, first and foremost, so having incomplete lines bugs me greatly. I can get about 700p to 800p using either Bamboozler by relying entirely on fully-charged shots when no one is around.

Kodidro

Full Squid
Content Team
One thing I would like to point out here, the Bamboozler I and II are not useful in all game modes & maps. Picking this weapon on a mode and/or map that is unsuited for it can lead to frustrating results, making it feel more difficult to learn than it is.

Also, I feel ink resistance up is necessary for the weapon moreso than others. I will never understand how players can use this weapon without it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom