• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Help! I'm stuck in B- Rank

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
Sloshing machine eh? My squad hates me when I fight against them with this slosher in particular xD

As with a lot of weapons, I've learned it is better to know what few abilities are not so helpful and to test out the rest of your own volition.

-Run speed up won't do you many favors, but it isn't completely useless either.

...aaaand thats it I think. So have some fun making fresh outfits with fresher stat sets
My personal favorite outfit for sloshing machine.
:head_hdp001::ability_inksaversub: with:ability_swimspeed::ability_inksaversub::ability_damage:
:clothes_tel002: :ability_bombrange:with:ability_inksavermain::ability_bombrange::ability_inkrecovery:
:shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance: with :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_defenseup:
On a completely unrelated note I want sprinkler hats to be a new thing. Like a new sub or special or something.

Maave

Inkling Commander
Me and my team just get wiped out and therefore we lose. I use carbon roller deco in matches and maybe that's the reason why I'm losing?
Carbon Roller Deco revival! I've been playing the Deco for a bit because I wanted to try out seekers. They're ... hard. Not bad but not amazing. They're difficult with tower control since you can't throw them on top of the tower. They're OK at rainmaker (bursting the bubble and making trails) but slow to reach the enemy carrier. They're better at splat zones and turf war where you can keep people at bay.

The slow windup is significant so don't use them in close quarters. They can track squids that are exposed, but they'll also track squids that are on higher or lower levels so you shots might skew. They spawn into existence about halfway up the inklink so you can jump to launch over short obstacles or to get more distance over a gap. Works nicely on hammerhead bridge where there are lots of things to launch over and on to. Handy part - they'll run on top of many uninkable obstacles. You can get some funky wall rides in the Kelp Dome. Opponents can dodge easily if they seem them - aim for opponents surrounded in your team's ink, or with their backs turned. Getting behind the enemy for an attack is good, just don't put yourself in a vulnerable spot to do so.

Opponents know about the "hide/swim under seekers" so mix up swimming behind and not. You can launch a seeker, they'll think you're swimming under it and shoot at it, while you flank from another direction.

When you're ready to launch the seeker bomb rush, make sure you have a good spot of inked ground to work on. It'll kill your momentum and waste special if you get stuck on enemy ink. Look for places where you can strafe side to side while launching seekers, that'll give good coverage and make em hard to dodge. Seeker rushing while on the moving tower sometimes work. Don't forget that you can use the brush normally, it's critical if you get stuck in ink, enemies can dodge even seeker bomb rush and womp you if you get stuck in ink.

For gear I recommend ink recovery, ink saver sub, and ink resistance. You'll want that ink resistance since the seekers don't cover your feet when you launch. The rest of the slots are a tossup, pick whatever you want or whatever you managed to roll.

Hope that helps, good luck!

Last edited:

John W

Inkster Jr.
Content Team
NNID
RetruateStudios
I was playing Splatoon when suddenly I kept losing matches and now I'm in B- with 20 points. I don't wanna go down to C Rank. Please help.
People can give specific tips on what weapons to use and what gear to put on them, which is good, but here's something that helped me that I think can help anyone with any weapon.

Before you even enter a lobby, think about the rotation and what the certain opponents usually do, think of things to do to combat those actions, and theorize counter-actions they might take and way to respond to those. If you die, try to keep your cool, getting saltier will just make you play worse. But while you are playing, think about your choices long before you take them (except for when this is not possible, e.g., surprise attacks). This helped me become less on the offense than I should have, and therefore a better player. Don't entirely base your play style on if you were just good enough at executing plays or not, but think about how rational a certain play was/will be and the result of executing it. As you play, you will get better in skill and planning. I used to be, as bagelcubed said, a suicide squid and not very objectively minded and this fixed that. If this is not implied already, learning what likely results of certain choices might bring is more important than learning details of executing them when you are a lower rank. If possible, use a camera or a capture card to watch how you played so you can look at what you did good and what you did bad. If you can't do that, just watch Splatoon players on YouTube and do the same with their footage. By the way, watching Splatoon on YouTube is also a great idea. Make sure you don't put an extreme stress on rank pre-S/S+. Not to say ranks are not important, just don't stress about it. Stress makes you do bad. De-ranking and ranking up is just a natural part of the game. De-ranking doesn't always mean you are progressing less in Splatoon, but it might be punishment for getting carried in squad (or getting carried at all). So don't think less of yourself whenever you rank down because you are always learning more when you try. You've just got to put that knowledge to good use.

While you didn't address this issue, I've heard a lot of players have this issue so I thought I might type it out also. Factors like disconnections, bad players, lag etc., can affect your rank, but you can't blame your rank entirely on those factors if you are not pleased with it. Better players are not just better by the winds of chance and there is a reason the problem of low ranks are not universal. Lastly, it's easy to get carried by a better player in squads, so if that happens, try to ask the other member for advice after you play.

I played Splatoon for the longest time and I was just plain bad. I played twin squad soooo much more than solo queue especially after I got S rank, and I think that kept me from being a better player sooner. I had a lot of determination but I just didn't execute it right. Make sure though, that you really want S or S+, because if you only kind of want one of those ranks, you won't put forth the energy to get them and you probably won't get them. I hope this helps and that you didn't perceive it as a rant lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom