• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Help me Identify these Hero Mode Sunken Scrolls!

jpmrocks

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jpmrocks
So, Hero Mode in Splatoon has these Sunken Scrolls, and I've been trying to identify the original images for many of the Scrolls (like famous paintings or other pieces). I've identified almost all of the originals, but I cant identify what pictures these parody.

This one reminds me of 1800s Young America, but I've searched for "President Roosevelt going to Yosemite", "Famous Lewis and Clark paintings" and famous paintings from every war in America's life, with no luck of finding an original that matches.

This one reminds me of early Chinese propaganda or even USSR propaganda, but I know very little on communist propaganda, but I know I've seen the original somewhere.

I know many of you will think "It's probably just a mesh of famous pictures" but I don't think Nintendo would cheap out on that, seeing as they have:

"Adam and Eve" by Lucas Cranach the Elder

Voyager's Golden Record

"March of Progress" by Rudolf Zallinger

and the picture of Nessie herself,

I think that the two aforementioned pictures are parodies of SOMETHING famous. So I need help identifying.

Thanks in advance,
JPM

TwilightApple20

Inkling
NNID
TApple20
The first one makes me think of the Civil War from the 1800s... Not sure when, but I just have this feeling that it might have been part of the inspiration.

As for the second one... It's very reminiscent of WWII.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I like this topic.

The closest picture to the first one I could find is this one from civil war: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/06/article-2385208-1B28F971000005DC-71_964x733.jpg
It's probably a similar one which is referred in the scroll.

The second is difficult, too. The most famous picture with soldiers flying a flag ist this one from WWII: https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/iwo.jpeg?quality=65&strip=color&w=1100
But it looks a lot different to the one on the scroll, so there is probably another one referred. Maybe we have to go deeper into japanese history to find them.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Have you tried cropping them and fixing them being askew and then using google image search? I did a really poor 5 minute attempt on the first image and got this so maybe if someone did a better job they'd get better results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom