Help! Opposing team raiding spawn point.

Your favourite battle mode?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

I find it rather irritating whenever the opposing team in a turf war starts raiding our respawn point. There are maps where it is very simple for them to get to the respawn point, but I want to know how I can get rid of them. Does anyone have any... tips? I would be very grateful.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Are you talking about the entire team spawncamping, or one player in particular that's rushing your spawn?

ultra777

Full Squid
NNID
crazydragon1000
Charge your special while your still in your respawn point if it's a good special.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Oh. That usually happens when one team is exceedingly incompetent. If that happens to you, make use of the spawn's invincibility and attempt to pick them off.

splooshlover

Inkster Jr.
I have seen this a lot lately as squid parties become more prominent on turf wars. I like to party with my comrades and then when they sneak in for the easy kill go beserk with the kraken. We still lose but at least I go down with honor.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
If your weapon has a Sprinkler, make usage of it. The Sprinkler is a very handy weapon in turning a spawn camping situation around. When you throw a Sprinkler out, the other team has only two options. They can keep hiding and allow the Sprinkler to uncover them or they can reveal themselves to take it out. Either way, hopefully your team is ready with their weapons to take down the other team. It can take some time driving them back but with enough teamwork, spawn campers can be driven back by it.

An Inkzooka is also good for reversing spawn camping but you'll need to know exactly where the enemy team is. The Inkzooka isn't going to do much good if you don't know where your targets are. :P Overall, reversing it is mostly about watching the enemy and figuring out when to strike back.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Well...

First, if you're asking, it seems you get that quite often. So I would say you're probably letting it happen - of course you're not the only at fault there, but still. If you're turfing near your base at the start of the game, just because you need to turf and not for a specific reason, it's a mistake. Especially if at least one other guy is doing the same, because it's way more important to take the centre or vital areas.

If you rush the centre and you don't die at the first encounter, then you won't let them go easily to your spawn, so it's ok. If you die often from the first encounters, then try to see why.

Anyway, let's say they kinda manage to come to your spawn anyway. As it was said, you're not killable in spawn, so don't rush out of it. The most important thing is to find your lurking opponents. To achieve that, you can use your range (if you have it) to turf and make them turf back, or your subs. Point sensor is obvious, disruptor can pretty much do the same, bombs will make a specific sound if you hit (and there even is a white light giving the direction of the hit), sprinkler can't be ignored, and wall allows you to go out extending your spawn. Only the seeker isn't that good, and the mine is useless. The special can help either finding them or killing them, so you definitely should build it. Know the weapons of your opponents too, it will help to find their hidden place. For instance carbon must come very close, .52 or tentatec will be agressive, while weaker weapons will be more careful.

I definitely recommend doing the above - but if really you want something else, you can try changing your weapon, or your stuff. For instance, with quick respawn, you can aim for an exchange with one of the spawncampers.

If the spawncampers are smart, it's a good strategy and you won't be able to kill everyone from there. They just have to fall back when needed. But most of the time it won't be, so the come back can be leathal. Anyway, if it really happens regularly in your games, try to find why. It can be that you're not taking the vital areas, or you're dying at the worst moments.

For instance if 2 of your mates die, you're in 2v4. If you don't care and just turf an area carelessly, or try to attack one (or even two) opponent(s) without knowing the location of others, you're asking to die, and that helps the other team taking map control and advancing towards your spawn. While if you're watching the counts, you just think "2v4 uh, I'll stay quiet, try to know where everyone is, and only kill if it's safe, waiting for my mates", possibly making them jump. The difference is huge, and taking this kind of decisions will build victories.

Hope it helps.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I find it rather irritating whenever the opposing team in a turf war starts raiding our respawn point. There are maps where it is very simple for them to get to the respawn point, but I want to know how I can get rid of them. Does anyone have any... tips? I would be very grateful.
I've been there, to the point where I've learned which maps it's easier to get spawn-trapped (Bluefin Depot, Arowana Mall to an extent, Port Mackerel, Saltspray Rig, Walleye Warehouse to an extent, and, even though it's not as easy to get spawn trapped, Moray Towers is the absolute worse one if you do get spawn-trapped), so back when I played Splatoon all day I just tried to avoid those maps when I could. However, in case you can't avoid it there's a couple of things you can try:
  1. If you have long range weapons, try to splat the enemy team from within your spawn circle. There's nothing as satisfying as getting a triple/quad-kill defending the spawn.
  2. If you have a very fast weapon (Brush or Carbon Roller), or if there's a squid beakon somewhere on the map, attempt a backdoor. At best you turn the game around, and at worst you distracted some of the enemy team to deal with you, so win-win.
  3. If you don't have long range or fast weapons, try to build up your special meter and use your Special Weapon to fight off the enemy. Nothing like an Inkzooka to seek revenge on the enemy >:3
  4. If your special weapon can't really deal with the enemy (Echolocator), try using your Sub Weapons to push back the enemy, or at least scare them off. No one in their right mind stays close to Suction Bombs :confused:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Can you not just kill them from spawn? Usually if you are at the point of getting spawn-camped you are likely outskilled and getting steamrolled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom