Help - Super Jump activates automatically during battle

Darkseed

Inkling
Hi there :)

I am new to this forum and I hope, here's someone who is able to help me. :(
(If this is posted at the wrong place, maybe someone can move it to the right place? Thx) :)
I love to play Splatoon and I play it since the release.
But there is something, that really annoys me.
When I am in battle, sometimes the super jump activates without even touching the screen in any way. So my Squid jumps to someone I never want to go or even back to the start location. :( It's often, that he jumps inside of a battle and than I was splatted. :,( Before the Update 2.0 I was not having this error. And I contacted Nintendo Germany, but they said things like: "Are you playing with the newest update?" -> Hello? Have you ever played Splatoon? You're not able to play it with an older release. :(

The things I've done so far.
- Cleaned the Touchscreen
- Removed the protection for the screen and played without
- calibrated the gamepad
- loosend the screws at the batterycase (because I changed the battery 2 month ago)
- Synchronized the Gamepad again

I don't even know, if it's a buttoncombination I press, because I can't redo the problem manually, I tried it very often.
All my other games work like a charm... no controll-errors so far.

Maybe you've got some ideas? ( *o*)
I'ld really like to play that game in a normal mode again. I looooove this game... beside this problem. ;)

Greetings,
Darkseed

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Guessing it's either something wrong with the game disk (Try to clean any scratches) or you are just accidentally tapping the screen (If then, just be more careful or do a different hand position)

Wonderf

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wonderf
Hello, I don't know what might be wrong :( but I would recommend the stealth jump ability so the enemies would not expect you. Anyway, I wish is good luck on your situation.

Darkseed

Inkling
Hi Squiliam Tentacles,
I will check the Game-Disc later.... I am so frustrated, I will try so many things... ;)
But I'm not tapping the screen by accident.
I will also try to make a new Mii and start a new game, to see if its happening there too. And I will try to delete the Updatefile and re download it.. in hope my savegame wont be lost. -.-
Thanks for ya answer :)

Hi Wonderf ^^
Okay, I'll give it a try.. so every jump I do not want, is at least secret ;) Thx :)

Nintendo answered again on my mail.. they said, I should send in the gamepad... but with no errors on other games? Does anyone know, how much I have to pay for this?

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
That is bizzare! Are you absolutely sure you don't accidentally swipe your fingers (Or your shirt) over your touch screen or anything? Does it also happen in the test room when you put down beakons? Does it also happen in Recon? How often does it happen on average?
Don't forget tapping either the big icons or the squid markers of your teammates will jump you towards them.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
Is Splatoon the only game where it's registering non-existent screen taps? Or do similar things happen in other games?

If it's the latter you'll probably have to send the Pad in to Nintendo, if not then it's probably just Splatoon. Since you've already checked the disc, it sounds like there is some corrupted code on your system/profile, which I, unfortunately, don't know how you would go around fixing that.

Phobos

Inkling Commander
If you have a friend with a WiiU you can borrow their gamepad, sync it to your console, and see if the problem persists - this should confirm if the problem is on the gamepad side of the WiiU/data side.

Also, you can delete the update without deleting your save file; just don't delete the whole Splatoon folder - open it up then delete just the update.

Darkseed

Inkling
@Elecmaw: yes it is bizarre. I tested it a few minutes ago. The first 2 matches, there was no auto-super jump, I thought it's now fixed, that I reinstalled the Update, but right from the third match on, it starts again and I was not touching the screen. :(
In the test-room it didn't happen, for 15 minutes. I also checked the maps in demo mode, also no super jump. Sometimes it activates up to 10 times in a match sometimes there is nothing.

@Psycho_Wendigo: It's the only game were I have any problems. Played many games before and never have had any problems. Up to level 20 (before the update) Everything went normal. I think I need Nintendo to check up... I hope it's not to expensive, cause there is no guarantee anymore. :(

@Phobos: Reinstalled it and it worked for 2 matches, than it starts all again :( I do not know any person, that ownes a WiiU, so I can't try.

@all: Thanks for your help :)

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
This is a problem for some people, the reason most of the time is that the touch screen portion of your gamepad probably has taken some damage. this causes a sort of constant tapping in one area, and whenever a team mate runs over to said area, it will jump to them. You can find replacement touchscreens for about $15. Its a bit of a hassle to replace however

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
With the above in mind, what happens when you activate ink strike?

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Might be that pressure on the gamepad screen from the surrounding plastic frame is setting off the touchscreen.

Darkseed

Inkling
@Astral: There are more people having this problem? I thought I am the only person, cause google didn't find anything when I was searching. :( Thanks for this good hint. It seems a good tip, but the only thing I have in mind, why is it only appearing at Splatoon and not at Kirby, or when I am drawing with Art Academy. o0 Maybe its just some luck....

@LockeExile: That's a good thing. Will try this later after work. There should be some points were it will be fired automatically.

@aceofscarabs: Thx, will try to loosen the screws later a little bit. :)

@all: Thanks again for all that help. :) That really makes it a little less depressing not being able to play the game the way I'ld like to ;) Maybe some info I forgot about. He always does the auto super jump inside of a battle... At first I thought there is a combination of touching the L-button plus D-Pad Direction to do so (thought there is a "hidden" code to use for playing the game without gamepad), but I was not able to reconstruct the whole situation. Up to now he never autojumps, when I just keep walking. That's also strange for me. There is a need (I think) to push at least the firebutton.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Something probably is wrong with the Gamepad, not the game, which is why there is not a error message why you should send it in to Nintendo. A new Gamepad would probably fix it.

Darkseed

Inkling
@GameGalaxy64: After a call with the first capable person at Nintendo, he said, that it could be a button error, that often is coming after a long time use of the Gamepad (it's often the right or left stick being pushed). That in mind I am a little bit frustrated, because my other Nintendo Consoles are working for years now. The WiiU is damaged right after the guarantee is over? I hope Nintendo is not jumping on board like other big companys to build things to be broken after guarantee automatically?

I will send in my Gamepad next week... this week I will play more Super Mario Maker... without any problem ;)

Will write on here, when I receive my Gamepad, what it will cost, how long it took and what the guys from repairservice will find. :)

Thanks to you all for your help :) I hope I can play Splatoon soon without any auto-superjumps ;)

Darkseed

Inkling
So here is my newest Update. :)

I send my Gamepad to Nintendo and yesterday I received it. Loaded the battery and than played Splatoon. The first tries were very well, but after the third match, the Auto-superjump was back again. So the try to repair was not working.

They wrote on a paper, that they calibrated the Touchscreen and cleaned it properly.
So I think, that there is another problem with it than the touchscreen. Tested already a new created character and he also autosuperjumps. It's almost every time I activate the Inkzooka, that he superjumps inside the Activationphase.

Next week I will write Nintendo again, to see, what we/they can do now... -.-

I just want to play Splatoon....*sniff*

But a big compliment, that I have not to pay anything although my guarantee is already over the time....

I will keep you updated, if there's anything new for other people maybe becoming the same problem. ;)

ch0wchilla

Inkster Jr.
Does the problem only occur in Splatoon?

Try running another game or app that makes use of the touch screen and see if it's registering touches despite you not actually making any contact.

For example, you could try one of the drawing apps (Art Academy, Miiverse?) and see if anything is drawn without you touching the gamepad screen. That way you can determine if it's likely a hardware issue (as it would be occuring regardless of software) or likely a software issue (as it only occurs with Splatoon).

If it's the former (hardware) then I would imagine it's probably a faulty digitizer, and if that is indeed the case, then it might explain why Nintendo's repair job only cleaning and recalibrating it didn't fix the issue as it needs replacing.

Darkseed

Inkling
@GameGalaxy64: Will try it later... but I think, it will be the same....
Edit: I Tried it, it's the Same with Medusa Roller :(
@ch0wchilla: Yes, it's only at Splatoon. Played Super Mario Maker a lot. There is no problem. Even "Art Academy" has no Problem. I can paint all the time, nothing unwanted is about to happen.

@PrinceOfKoopas: Yes, indeed ^^

Last edited:

ch0wchilla

Inkster Jr.
Yes, it's only at Splatoon. Played Super Mario Maker a lot. There is no problem. Even "Art Academy" has no Problem. I can paint all the time, nothing unwanted is about to happen.
Hmm, that's very odd. Would seem to suggest it's the game.

If/when you contact Nintendo again you should make sure to mention this, so that they (hopefully) realise it's not the gamepad. Try to get them to send you a replacement disc, or better yet a download code (as you can install and reinstall if problems).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom