Help with abilities and orders!

unlimitedbaconn

Inkling
NNID
UnlimitedBaconn
So I just got back into Splatoon and I just recently heard about the more likely abilities with each brand. I wanna work towards getting every single 3 slot piece of clothing to the same abilities. So my main question is, when you order gear from people in the plaza do they ever come with the abilities? I just ordered a varsity jacket:clothes_jkt003: from someone with complete special saver:ability_specialsaver: abilities but when I went to Spyke I'm only able to buy it with empty slots. Are there any ways to get it complete from just ordering? Or do I have to keep wasting $30,000 on random rolls that never get me what I want? :mad:

THANKS! :D

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
Did that get patched? Just making sure before I try it.
Due to how the exploit works it's not something that can be reasonably patched out. Since it's not in the game and by doing so they would get rid of the ability to back up your saves.

Can savescumming help with ordered gear as well?
Sadly, no I believe Spyke's orders are set in stone.

unlimitedbaconn

Inkling
NNID
UnlimitedBaconn
Due to how the exploit works it's not something that can be reasonably patched out. Since it's not in the game and by doing so they would get rid of the ability to back up your saves.

Sadly, no I believe Spyke's orders are set in stone.
So I just got an order and it came with 2/3 abilities. Is it possible for all 3 to arrive? and lol I spent 50,000 on it just to re-roll things I didn't want ***.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
So I just got an order and it came with 2/3 abilities. Is it possible for all 3 to arrive? and lol I spent 50,000 on it just to re-roll things I didn't want ***.
I've heard it's possible, though it hasn't happened for me yet, but I haven't really ordered much Gear. For the most part the gear I've ordered have always had no unlocked slots, but I also always checked Spyke first thing after starting up the game for the day. Yesterday I got to So Hawt!! +8.0 before going to Spyke and he almost had exactly what I ordered, just missing the third Quick Respawn sub.

I'm gonna try getting So Hawt!! +16.0 before checking Spyke tonight and see if that gets me all three.

unlimitedbaconn

Inkling
NNID
UnlimitedBaconn
I've heard it's possible, though it hasn't happened for me yet, but I haven't really ordered much Gear. For the most part the gear I've ordered have always had no unlocked slots, but I also always checked Spyke first thing after starting up the game for the day. Yesterday I got to So Hawt!! +8.0 before going to Spyke and he almost had exactly what I ordered, just missing the third Quick Respawn sub.

I'm gonna try getting So Hawt!! +16.0 before checking Spyke tonight and see if that gets me all three.
and I suddenly learned something...So, that meter thing that says so hawt and what not, is that just from getting a win streak online? Cuz i dont think the game ever really mentioned it. And the higher it is, does that actually give u a better chance of getting the gear u want? never knew any of that.

Njok

Bouncer
and I suddenly learned something...So, that meter thing that says so hawt and what not, is that just from getting a win streak online? Cuz i dont think the game ever really mentioned it. And the higher it is, does that actually give u a better chance of getting the gear u want? never knew any of that.
The meter goes up from a win and down from a loss, yes. Sadly it's not the case that it has any influence on your orders with Spyke. I have been testing this at length with a few others after someone suggested this. Spyke seems to be completely random or there is a very well hidden secret that no one found out about yet.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
The meter goes up from a win and down from a loss, yes. Sadly it's not the case that it has any influence on your orders with Spyke. I have been testing this at length with a few others after someone suggested this. Spyke seems to be completely random or there is a very well hidden secret that no one found out about yet.
Looks like you're right as the gear I ordered today came with no slots unlocked. =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom