Help with Dual Squelcher Loadouts

vEchoes

Inkling
NNID
vEchoes
Hello,
I'm interested in finding out about gear and abilities that you guys use from personal experience of the Dual Squelcher I'm also interested in opinions of where it works best.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Hi! Check out the build compendium: http://squidboards.com/threads/the-what-do-i-use-with-this-weapon-build-compendium.19608/

Dual Squelcher
Fake Contacts :head_eye007::ability_specialcharge:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
Red Vector Tee :clothes_tes013::ability_inksavermain:|:ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge::ability_specialcharge:
Red Hi-Tops :shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

This build focuses on building up to echolocator very quickly. Although the gun is fairly ink efficient, splat bombs take up a lot of ink, hence the ink efficiency perks. The gun also has low damage output, and I've found that increasing ink efficiency can get those last few shots in for a splat before running out of ink. The gun did get a buff for run speed, but I prefer swim speed to retreat and get enemies back in better range.

Custom
Fake Contacts :head_eye007::ability_specialcharge:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
Rainy Day Tee :clothes_tes008::ability_inksavermain:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Red Hi-Tops :shoes_shi005::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

This weapon is much more support oriented and doesn't always do well in close range combat. For that reason I put a build together with a lot of swim speed to make hasty retreats if necessary. Having lots of ink efficiency allows the gun to get a lot of map control without constantly dipping, and the ink recovery keeps the time submerged to a minimum.

You might also consider more ink saver main for the custom set. I find it stands and fires more often than the vanilla.

I like the vanilla in everything, it's my favorite gun. It covers really well in splat zones and turf war and its kit is great for those maps. However, I usually use the custom in Tower Control and Rainmaker because of its kit. The beacon helps people return to battle and the wail is great for covering a push or knocking people off the tower.

Good luck!

PowrToPlay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jdb1984
I use the Red Vector Tee and Red Hi-Tops for my own Dual Squelcher, but I use the Squidvader Cap instead of the Contacts. I still have a Main Special Charge Up, and can also get 3 Quick Respawns with it.

TheFlyingSeal

Inkling
NNID
TheFlyingSeal
Hey there! I'm a Custom Dual Squelcher user. While the regular Dual Squelcher is a bit more offensive, the Custom is pretty much complete defense. But since you use the regular ol' Dual Squelcher, I'll try my best to play with your interests.
The builds I'd say have to pertain to your play style as well as the gun's capabilities. For example, having :ability_swimspeed: or :ability_inkrecovery: is a very good thing to have for both Squelchers. Both of their sub weapons take up a LOT of ink. They are also both support based weapons, and getting to or away from a place to help carry your team faster is a must. I'd say since the Dual Squelcher's sub is a bomb type weapon, having a :ability_bombrange: would be ideal for a more defensive play style. Or offensive, if you use them for backup or as a way to push back enemies. For example, in Blackbelly Skatepark, the Squelchers are one of the weapons that can be able to stay up top of the tower and splat people from afar. Like a lil' baby charger. So if someone is already up there or swimming up the base of the tower, you can throw a bomb up there to scare them off or even splat them once they reach the top. That way you can move up, and take place.

Dual Squelchers also have a good range. You can stay high above and get some good ground and protection of your base. So having two or three :ability_damage: could also help you out as well!! As for where to use them, I would recon a map before you jump right in. Walk around, test out your gun's range capabilities in a certain area, think of battle plans for certain scenarios. Learn your gun! You'll be a Dual Squelcher master in no time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom