• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Here's a tip for you.

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
As far as I can tell, your ink tank refills completely when you use your special. So if you use it when your tank is empty, it will refill and you can splat even harder when the special is done.

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
I do not, sadly, but it should be easy to pull off.

Zonderion

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zonderion
Do you have any video proof of this? Just wondering.
I do not have proof of this either, but I can confirm that ALL specials will refill your ink tank. It is best to either cover turf in Turf War, or throw your sub weapon and then use your special.

Megajack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
smp1998
Do you have any video proof of this? Just wondering.
I do not have proof of this either, but I can confirm that ALL specials will refill your ink tank. It is best to either cover turf in Turf War, or throw your sub weapon and then use your special.
No proof either, but I'll confirm it too. I just tested it out.

Though it should be noted that when it comes to the bomb rush specials, while your tank will refill completely, after the bomb rush is over your tank will be around half full.

Squadaloo

Full Squid
NNID
RodRodney
No proof either, but I'll confirm it too. I just tested it out.

Though it should be noted that when it comes to the bomb rush specials, while your tank will refill completely, after the bomb rush is over your tank will be around half full.
My guess is that it's not because of the specials themselves, it's likely your last bomb wasn't part of the bomb rush so it took up half of the tank. But yeah, ditto what everyone else said. I didn't notice it until the Splatfest where I knew I was out of ink, used an ink strike, and then went to fill up only to realize I was already full.

Megajack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
smp1998
My guess is that it's not because of the specials themselves, it's likely your last bomb wasn't part of the bomb rush so it took up half of the tank.
Ah, good point. Never thought of it like that.

Ictoan

Full Squid
NNID
Krrrrg
From my experience, the Echolocator gets the most mileage out of this, as it can reasonably be activated at any time with no downside, unlike any other special. Throwing a free fill-up to double the time I can cover enemy turf in a large place like Kelp Dome is quite useful.

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
From my experience, the Echolocator gets the most mileage out of this, as it can reasonably be activated at any time with no downside, unlike any other special. Throwing a free fill-up to double the time I can cover enemy turf in a large place like Kelp Dome is quite useful.
Or use the E-liter 3K's Echolocator to snipe for twice as long. Either way, I like it.

Megajack

Inkster Jr.
NNID
smp1998
I'm fairly certain Judd tells you this.
Judd actually gives good advice from time to time? Huh, maybe I should read what he says instead of just skipping through it all to get my coins.

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
I'd like to confirm this, at least when I'm using an Inkstrike, Inkzooka, and Kraken. After using all of these I have a completely full tank.

Grimlai

Senior Squid
NNID
SVC_Grimlai
Professor Farnsworth.jpg
Good news, everyone!
I have recently tested (or, more accurately, documented) this idea that I told you about long ago! I demonstrate its use with the Echolocator, the Kraken, the Ink Strike, and the Bomb Rush in the video that you can find here.

aceofscarabs

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I figured this out during my play with the Inkbrush. I would paint the world, then toss a Sprinkler after Ink Striking and swim to the next point where I need to claim turf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom