Hero Charger Gear Advice

VisualKei

Inkling
NNID
VisualKei
Do you Squids think my gear best suited for my charger or are there some flaws I need to improve. I have this gear since launch and it's useful for many situation.
WVW69iU9FDgkn8y7k7.jpg

VisualKei

Inkling
NNID
VisualKei
I know that about stuff. I really like the variety of abilities for the amiibo costumes.

TacosConCarne

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TacosConCarne
My take on your subs:

Defense up isnt that viable for chargers since once the opponent gets in range, unless you're a very good shot 90% of the time you're dead
From charger perches, things like rapid blasters can reach you, and regardless of defense it's a 2 shot kill in most situations
Inkzookas are one shots no matter what you do, enemy chargers are most likely one shots as well
Swim speed is good for getting into position fast
Bomb range up makes your sub and special that much better
Special charge isnt that bad since as a charger you shouldnt die that much

My take on subs you might wanna aim for:
Most chargers go for damage up so they can kill with a 70-80% charged shot instead of the 100% one
Other subs ive seen used are ink recovery since bombs and your shots take quite a bit
Works well with swim speed since you can leave a bomb and swim away, by the time the opponent gets closer you have another bomb ready in the wings

Keep in mind im not a charger main by any means, i just get splatted by them on a daily basis

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Yeah, a pretty standard set for long range chargers like splat chargers and eliters stacks damage and ink recovery. Typically:

White Headband :head_first: :ability_inkrecovery:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
Part Time Pirate :clothes_tly007: :ability_damage:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
Cyan Trainers :shoes_sht004::ability_damage:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
The anchor sweat is also used for some stealthiness:
:clothes_swt006: :ability_coldblooded:|:ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

This basically lets you charge for less time and still get the OHKO. I also find ink resistance helpful for the splat charger/splatterscope because it is typically more mobile than the eliter, but can't ink my feet very well if I need to (whereas the eltier has burst bombs for that). So I use the Neon Sea Slugs:
:shoes_sht002: :ability_inkresistance:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkrecovery:
Often paired with a damage hat with some damage subs, in my case the snorkel mask with one damage sub:
:head_eye005: :ability_damage:|:ability_damage::ability_specialduration::ability_specialduration:
(also helps with bomb rush duration ever so slightly)
So, two subs less of damage up, which isn't too drastic.

I've seen some people eschew the damage up emphasis for special charge so that they can get lots of bomb rushes. I haven't personally tried it, but bomb rush is one of the best specials in the game, so it might work for you.

モモコ

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Momogirl3
The reason people are telling you to roll better subs is this, 1 ink saver sub is not going to do anything for you, if you want to see a true impact from ink saver sub you need 3 mains. Same with defense up, 3 subs is hardly going to do anything (like as a blaster I take out 2 main damage up to counter 3 defense main to extend the range of indirect shots) basically anyone focusing on countering defense up is going to have more then enough 2 subs because 2 subs does not do anything (like increasing shot to splat from heavy splatling, need 3 mains for that, to do it to a 52 gal you need 1 main? I really do not have them memorized. Basically anyone using a weapon that is effected by damage up, 90% of the time will have enough damage up to counter it.

You are lacking damage up, something very helpful to chargers so they can have less charge to splat people.

bomb range up for a charger is a bit counter-productive in supporting your weapon because most of the time you are ground rolling them in case someone gets close while you should be using your main weapon to splat at range. shorter range weapons may use a bomb range up build to get at charger places since the main weapon can't reach it.

grats getting s like that though must been tuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom