Hero Shot Slosher, Inkbrush and Splating: To be or not to be?

StaffofSmashing

Senior Squid
NNID
Lolu83
I'm sure we're all aware of the Hero Shot items you get from completing each amiibo challenge. The Hero Shots are basically cooler looking versions of previous weapons (Replica to Splatterr shot for example). Now, we have 3 new weapon types- the Slosher, the Inkbrush (which is its own weapon type in the sense Blasters are there own but), and the Splatling.

With these new weapon types, we should get new Hero Shots for them. The question here is how? New amiibo? Unlockables?

Discussion.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I kind of doubt we will tbh. After all, there were only 3 'heroes' in all technicality: Agent 1 and 2
Callie and Marie
and you. but it would be pretty cool.

smittythesquid

Inkling
Maybe just slosher and splatling, because inkbrush is technically a roller. If we have one for inkbrush, then we would have to have one for the blaster.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I could see i happening, if they ever expand Octo Valley or did more amiibo, and I wouldn't have a problem with it (especially Hero Splatling, I wanna wreck Octo Valley with it so much, it'd be even more fun than Kraken-racing through stages with the Squid amiibo), but I don't expect it any time soon.
Still, it could happen, and it could arguably make the game a bit better.
I think of Octo Valley as a training mode for online play, since you can learn and practice quite a few basic things through playing it (the Octoling levels in particular, since they act like Inklings for the most part). And the amiibo add to this, since they give you an environment in which to test out the Charger and Roller weapon-types (well, the generic versions, anyway) in a fairly stable environment (regular levels) and on enemies that act like an approximation of online players (the Octoling levels); the Squid amiibo is purely for fun though (though Kraken Kart is damn fun). Still, I find myself wondering why basic versions of every weapon type (Shooters/Chargers/Rollers are already repped, but Blaster and Inkbrush aren't, and I think Bucket Slosher and Splatling should be too if we're adding more Hero weapons) wouldn't be given Hero versions, if only for use after beating Octo Valley (or at least going far enough into it), so you could get the hang of those as well and practice splatting Octolings to get used to them. Also, Hero Brush would be interesting to see in Octo Valley, possibly for time-limit challenges (would be harder than the Kraken time-limit levels, that's for sure).
I'd rather it not be amiibo-exclusive, though I'd understand if it were, I just want to be able to use them in single player in some capacity. Though if they did go that route, I wonder who they would make the amiibos of.

smittythesquid

Inkling
And why couldn't we have a Hero Blaster?
We could totally have a Hero Blaster, that would be fine. There should be Hero Shots for each weapon type, plus inkbrush and blaster. I wasn't trying to imply that there shouldn't be a Hero Blaster, so sorry if I made it sound that why, I think that would be a great idea.

Floati

Inkster Jr.
Fightersword is prob right- but if we want to attribute a weapon to a corresponding "Hero", we could use the legendary Squidbeak Platoon for some inspiration. Cuttlefish and the paternal figure? of Sheldon.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
We could totally have a Hero Blaster, that would be fine. There should be Hero Shots for each weapon type, plus inkbrush and blaster. I wasn't trying to imply that there shouldn't be a Hero Blaster, so sorry if I made it sound that why, I think that would be a great idea.
I don't know how well I could work a Hero normal Blaster...I kind of need my Rapid Blaater Deco comfort zone of fire rate...

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
I don't know how well I could work a Hero normal Blaster...I kind of need my Rapid Blaater Deco comfort zone of fire rate...
Well, it's not like you're going up against other players with it, just Octarians. You can beat Octarians with a little less range and a choice of 3 sub weapons, can't you?
Incidentally, here's a thought: If they start giving us more Hero weapons for single player, maybe they could make it so each has a different 3-sub set, just to differentiate them further. For example, the Hero Charger could have Burst Bomb/Splash Wall/Disruptor, the Hero Roller could have Splat Bomb/Suction Bomb/Seeker, the Hero Slosher could have Burst Bomb/Seeker/Disruptor, etc. Maybe it's not necessary, but it would be a nice way to make these weapons feel more distinct.
Or just make it so each has only one sub-weapon. I'd go with Splat Bombs for Hero Shot, Burst Bombs for Hero Charger, Suction Bombs for Hero Roller, Burst Bombs for Hero Blaster, Suction Bombs for Hero Brush, Seekers for Hero Slosher, and Splat Bombs for Hero Splatling. Again, completely unnecessary, but I think it'd make them a bit more distinct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom