• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hey guys !

ikarius

Inkling
NNID
ikarius030
Hey guys,

I've finally decided to come and post on the forums, but I've been lurking around the shoutbox for a couple of days. So, here is my formal introduction ! I am ikarius, 32 years old from Quebec Canada (yup, French Canadian....). I'm a single father of 2 kids (7 and 5 yrs old) and I love video games as well lol I'm a retro gamer mostly, but I do (obviously so) play other games too.

In real like I'm a nurse for a living but on the internet I'm a speedrunner. I speedrun games like Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros., VVVVVV, You have to win the game, and sometimes I do it competitively (such as the current SMW Tournament or bi-yearly Mystery tournament). I started playing splatoon a couple of days ago after my daughter and I saw it on the Nintendo World Championship... so I decided to buy the game for both of us and ever since then I am addicted lol

So, well... I think I said everything... If you got any questions feel free to ask ! (I am never good at introducing myself...)
It's a pleasure to be part of this community ! :)

NNID
Kaina-Dani
Welcome to the forums and thank you for that wonderful introduction! This is really a lovely place full of wonderful folks who love this unique and awesome game! It's fun to see someone a little older like me (I'm 26) who loves Splatoon!
You sound like a wonderful dad to your little ones! Way to get them into great games at an early age! :)

Retro gamer? Have you played Earthbound at all? I've been dying to get my digital hands on the just released 'Earthbound: Beginnings'.

You did a great job with your introduction, and again, I and the other inklings here welcome you to Squidboards! :D

ikarius

Inkling
NNID
ikarius030
Welcome to the forums and thank you for that wonderful introduction! This is really a lovely place full of wonderful folks who love this unique and awesome game! It's fun to see someone a little older like me (I'm 26) who loves Splatoon!
You sound like a wonderful dad to your little ones! Way to get them into great games at an early age! :)

Retro gamer? Have you played Earthbound at all? I've been dying to get my digital hands on the just released 'Earthbound: Beginnings'.

You did a great job with your introduction, and again, I and the other inklings here welcome you to Squidboards! :D
I did play Earthbound lol Way before what you call Beginnings... I got the original Mother 1 cart (as well as Mother 2 and 3), and a repro cart of Earthbound fan translation (Called Earthbound Zero). :) It is one of my favorite RPG of all time.

NNID
Kaina-Dani
I did play Earthbound lol Way before what you call Beginnings... I got the original Mother 1 cart (as well as Mother 2 and 3), and a repro cart of Earthbound fan translation (Called Earthbound Zero). :) It is one of my favorite RPG of all time.
You had the cartridge? VERY jealous! That's the way to go, I think, though I am glad Nintendo is at least making an effort to bring some of the classics back via the Wii U virtual console.

Sadly, I didn't really get into console gaming until the N64, so I missed out on most (not all) of those NES/SNES classics...

ikarius

Inkling
NNID
ikarius030
Well Earthbound Zero (English) was never released in US because by that time, the SNES was out... It was fully translated though, and there was a prototype cart, but never released until now on WiiU VC. When I got the Japanese version, it was in a bundle.. I bought Mother 1, Mother 2 and Mother 3 for 30$ no shipping on ebay... was quite the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom