Hey hey hello

Geistbox

Full Squid
Hi SquidBoards, my name is Josh. Feel free to call me by my informal alias Geist if you prefer. Pleased to make your acquaintance. I discovered this place originally through an acquaintance on Tumblr and decided to join after the revamp and partnering with SmashBoards. I go through a number of other names on several other websites - on SmashBoards and NeoGAF I'm known as NotLiquid. As it also happens, on the latter board I'm currently handling the OT for Splatoon, so getting to connect with the community at large will definitely help me in establishing some nice stuff for it.

A little about me I suppose - I'm currently a 21-year old uni student drifting between several courses pertaining to interaction design and I overall consider myself creatively inclined. Artistry and music has been my passion for a long time, and I draw a whole bunch. Geistbox is my artist name/portfolio title. I've posted some Splatoon fanart here earlier today but I hope to draw more soon - most of my other art can also be found on my Tumblr linked in my signature. I also produce music under the alias Plumegeist, which is a sideproject with varied focuses on several electronic genres (some of which include chiptune, EDM, synthwave and occasional industrial). Other than having released a few small albums and a few EPs, I also produce as a freelancer and have previously contributed to a couple of Ludum Dare games, contributed to a couple of tracks for Homestuck's coloUrs and mayhem albums and other than that done the occasional remix on the side. If you're interested to hear what I have on offer with tunes, feel free to check my Bandcamp and Soundcloud linked below.

Generally I have a penchant for games, music, movies, baking, figure collecting and useless trivia. Chances are if you tempt me with discussing something of my interest, I'll write several paragraphs worth of a post. Generally enjoy talking a whole bunch when given the chance as well, sometimes to the dismay of several friends of mine. If you'd ask me my favorite movies I'd reply with The Big Lebowski, The World's End and The Incredibles. If you'd ask me my favorite games I'd reply with Killer7, Metroid Prime and Viewtiful Joe. If you'd ask me my favorite albums, I'd respond with Fear of a Blank Planet by Porcupine Tree, Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd and Music for the Jilted Generation by The Prodigy.

Anywho that about sums up my brief introduction. Hope I can help make this place into a colorful mess.

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
Hi there, and welcome to the boards! I'll be sure to give your stuff a look-see when I get the chance, you certainly seem passionate about them!

Diableos

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Diableos
Welcome to the site, Geist! I caught the post of your Splatoon artwork earlier on and it's great! Would love to see more of it posted in that thread. :)

Perhaps I can tempt you into discussing your particular interests when it comes to games and music?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Hiya! Welcome to Squidboards! :)

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
Welcome!
Fun fact, the Incredibles is one of my favorite animated films of all time
SUCH a good movie

Hope you enjoy your stay at the Boards!