• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hi! I'm thinking of switching.

squid-lesbian

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
she/her
Switch Friend Code
SW-7740-0630-6914
well, the thing is with forums like this, that they are really subject specific. A forum like squidboards cannot really replace reddit, as it is more similar in structure to a single subreddit.
So what I do is that I try to find a bunch of forums for all the topics that interest me, which sometimes can be hard because a lot of them aren't really used that much anymore, it's all reddit and/or discord.
However, if you mainly just use reddit for splatoon subs anyway, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to just spend your time here instead.

DChachouke

Senior Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
It's complicated since SquidBoards is splatoon specific, unlike most social medias. Although, from (albeit, not a lot of) personal experience, this place is pretty chill and I'm enjoying my time here so far.

Cyndane

Obscured in Ink!!
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
It really just depends on what ownership wishes to do with the space. A forum can be broad with many subforums, or focused like here. Squidboards' sister site, Smashboards, used to be very focused. While it still does have a focus on Smash, it also has subforums for other similar type games and a subforum for other games. Really it just has to do with what the users want. So if enough users voice a change that is wanted content wise, most owners would be happy to consider and likely make whatever changes makes everyone happy (within reason and possibility from a technical standpoint, of course.).

spindash

Inkster Jr.
forums are not social media; they tend to be slower so you'd likely spend less time here than compared to your screen time on reddit. as many people have said before, this space is exclusively related to one game, minus the small off topic section. there's a lot of lovely people here though, and it's a nice blast to the past from what the internet used to be like; less reliant in algorithms that fed on interactions, more chronological, searchable, and allow you to take a look into the community at large.

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
I prefer forums because the community is generally more tight-knit, it feels more personal and there's less likely to be assholes. I frequently use reddit to get in touch with the community of splatoon and some other games, but whenever I do I always run into someone who wants to ruin the experience for me. I recently found squidboards and I'm very grateful for it because I have only met nice people so far.

Norilla

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1594-5651-4610
I wouldn't say primary, but I use it to talk about Splatoon and such. A lot of the community is usually active on Twitter and Discord, but Twitter is usually pretty toxic and drama riddled/seeking and want to get away from that.

Mikaya

Certified Nerd
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-8448-2209
Discord is my main social media platform but I’d say this place is my secondary one, though. I check it every now and again, so far it’s been pretty good here. It’s lovely to finally be back into forums again after so long! Xenforo is the best software for communities, the UI is so nice.

Anyways, hope you end up sticking around cause it’ll definitely be worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom