Hi Squidboards

Cyan

Inkling Commander
Hello Inklings of Squidboards! I'm Cyan, from the United Kingdom. I've known for quite some time about the existence of Squidboards, but never got round to registering here until now. I can usually be found watching streams of Splatoon over at Twitch. I've been interested in Splatoon ever since it was announced back at E3 2014, and the Splatoon Direct coupled with the Global Testfire caused me to preorder the game for launch.

It's the first Wii U game with online multiplayer that I've been properly interested in (MK8 wasn't for me, and I don't have a huge interest in Smash) and as such, I have poured many hours into the game, learning different weapons and strats. I managed to achieve S+99 2 days ago (due to fairly decent teammates and a lot of persistence). I decided to join Squidboards so I can receive/share tips and tricks with the community to help improve both myself and others as players, as well as discussing the viability of weapons, specials and abilities plus sharing opinions on the maps.

My main weapon is usually the :wst_shot_normal01:, but I switch weapons a lot depending on the Ranked mode and how the matches play out. I'm in the midst of learning the Splatterscopes and the E-Litre 3K Scope. Weapons I generally use aside from the Tentatek are the Forge Splattershot Pro, Dual Squelcher and the N-Zap 85 for Ranked, and for Turf Wars, I normally go with the N-Zap 89, Splash-o-Matic and the Aerospray RG (which is hilarious to use with a lot of :ability_specialcharge: stacked). Since I've reached S+99, I no longer use solo queue, and am looking for a few extra people who can/want to play twin squads (I play 6:30PM-9PM GMT).

Aside from Splatoon, my other interests gaming-wise are platformers (Favourites for Wii U are SM3DW & Rayman Legends), Mario Kart (Double Dash!!, DS & Wii more specifically) and speedrunning (I grew up with the PS1 & 2, so my interests for speedrunning lay mostly with Crash Bandicoot). I look forward to getting stuck in to the Squidboards community and interacting with you all ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom