• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hi!

Jingersnap

Inkling
NNID
Jingersnapple
Switch Friend Code
SW-4514-9707-3402
Hey everyone, I'm Jingersnap! If you play Splatoon 2 in North America, we may have battled together. My dream is to be captain of a Splatoon 2 team! I just made one, the Tentacular Squidkids! I love Pearl, she's the best! My record of splats in a round is 32! It happened today, it was so cool! I've got a picture to prove it! Well, that's me, and its so good to meet all of you!

Attachments

Wumboeth

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0266-9981-9987
Hiya, I'm Wumbo. I'm also new to squidboards. Still haven't gotten a chance to try out league mode since none of my friends got a Switch yet so maybe we could try squadding up sometimes?

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
I love Pearl, she's the best!
"Yo yo yo! It's o o og pearl, homie! And imma kick a lil somthin' like this, like this! A yo when I come up in da place, you don't want me to call wit DAT front roll in yo face! Down wit a frown, I'm a very sad clown! And I become the reciter, all nighter, all righter! FRONT ROLL BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!" (I'm so sorry)

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
Welcome to yonder Board of Squids!

32 is pretty impressive, but please remember that your K/D isn't as important as pushing the objective. That's what'll push your rank up to S+.

Please.

If you want to watch a good octobrush player, Silver (I think he might be on here actually hmm @Silver is that him?) makes some extremely good quality videos on YouTube. One of my squadmates is an S+ brush player who has learned most of what he knows from him.

Jingersnap

Inkling
NNID
Jingersnapple
Switch Friend Code
SW-4514-9707-3402
Hey again! I've got a few quick questions:

1. How do you change your title? Some, like Mr. Squiggly Squid, have a title of Pro Squid, and I saw one that was Speedrunning Inkling.

2. Judd often says not to rely on a single ability for it will result in "diminishing returns." What even does THAT mean?

3. What's the difference between a squad and a team? Does one have more members than another?

Thanks in advance

Wumboeth

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0266-9981-9987
Hey again! I've got a few quick questions:

1. How do you change your title? Some, like Mr. Squiggly Squid, have a title of Pro Squid, and I saw one that was Speedrunning Inkling.

2. Judd often says not to rely on a single ability for it will result in "diminishing returns." What even does THAT mean?

3. What's the difference between a squad and a team? Does one have more members than another?

Thanks in advance
2) Basically if you stack multiple of the same ability the effect of each additional same ability is weakened. For example let's say running one quick super jump changes your super jump time from 3 to 2 seconds (so 1 second shorter). If you stack 3 quick super jumps it would seem your super jump time would be 0 which is not the case because of diminishing returns. Instead your 2nd quick super jump might cut down half a second and the 3rd would cut down a quarter of a second. So running three quick super jumps would change your jump time from 3 seconds to 1.25 seconds. Diminishing returns is intended to not let players abuse certain buffs by stacking a lot of one ability.

3) There is no difference between squad and teams, these are synonyms. People say squad a lot because Splatoon 2 refers to league teams as squads.

BBGrenorange

Inkling Cadet
2) Basically if you stack multiple of the same ability the effect of each additional same ability is weakened. For example let's say running one quick super jump changes your super jump time from 3 to 2 seconds (so 1 second shorter). If you stack 3 quick super jumps it would seem your super jump time would be 0 which is not the case because of diminishing returns. Instead your 2nd quick super jump might cut down half a second and the 3rd would cut down a quarter of a second. So running three quick super jumps would change your jump time from 3 seconds to 1.25 seconds. Diminishing returns is intended to not let players abuse certain buffs by stacking a lot of one ability.

3) There is no difference between squad and teams, these are synonyms. People say squad a lot because Splatoon 2 refers to league teams as squads.
This is absolutely correct.
Just one thing it kind of implies is that stacking abilities is a bad idea (it depends on which weapon you're using, but most of the time it's not, for example stacking swim speed, ink resist and bomb defense is usually good for a roller)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom