Votes: 5 41.7%
  • It Depends

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Rockenberg

CEO of Rockenberg
NNID
Rockenberg_Ltd
Okay, I know I ask a lot of questions here, but this is one question that I really want to hear peoples' input on. Between having a high fire rate with low damage and having a low fire rate with high damage, which would you consider to be more useful in Splatoon in general, like more versitile.

Personally, I feel like I would go with the high fire rate, but when I really think about it I'd go with high damage...

Any opinions?

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
They usually even out, because the weapons that fire slow will outrange weapons that are faster. If you're using a slow, damaging weapon and the faster, weaker one gets past and within range, you deserve to die.

High fire rate has the extra utility of ground coverage.

Celeste

Inkling
NNID
Celestefey
I think really it depends on what game mode you're playing, and how you WANT to play Splatoon.

If you're in a turf war and you wanna mostly just focus on covering ground, a higher rate of fire weapon is the best.
Buuut if you want to focus more on kills, then definitely a more powerful weapon. I guess that's just common sense though...

A lot of people choose to play turf wars in different ways. I'm more of an all-rounder... I like to rush towards the enemy base during the early stages of a match and cover it with ink and get a few kills, but I also do like to cover ground as much as I can and use inkstrikes. So I try to use a weapon that has a rate of fire that's not too slow, but also is still powerful.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
I went with high fire rate because I mostly play turf war and I really like the ability to cover turf quickly.

I'm not going to say that it is empirically better, as like @Vitezen said, they balance out. I just prefer fast fire rate.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I think it entirely depends upon the way that the game is played. The guns who have a high damage output usually have much longer range so they'll be preferred by players who don't like getting too close to the enemy. However, guns with a faster fire rate often have low range. They would be preferred by people who like stealth and jumping their opponents with sneak attacks. Any kind of weapon can be used but that's entirely dependent upon their playstyle.

Personally, I don't usually use any guns besides the splatling ones. When I do use guns, I'm only using the Octoshot normally so... I guess I would say that I prefer higher fire rate since the Octoshot's fire rate is higher than damage haha. ^.^

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I rather take high fire rate (at least for shooters and sloshers), simply because high fire rate not only reduces splat speed, it can make it easier to splat enemies and cover turf better.

That being said, high power can be more important on weapons that take a while to shoot once, like Blasters and Chargers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom