Hitting targets over ledges.

Inky Chan

Inkling
I've been noticing that some weapons have a much easier time hitting enemies hiding above ledges compared to others. I'm not talking about direct hits, but more about the "splash" damage when the ink falls over an out-of-sight inkling.

What makes one weapon better at hitting high-ground targets better than others?

Obviously the Slosher hits every target struck behing its trail, but what about shooters?

I find it almost impossible to high-ground targets with the ballpoint, i either hit the ledge or the shots fly straight by them. On the other hand i've been splatted reliably by most dualies and splattershots, even if i'm hiding in ink and their sight. Is accuracy a huge factor? Both the ballpoint and Splash-o-matic have perfect accuracy, and both seem to struggle at hitting targets with high-ground.

the

Inkling Commander
I think the “fall-off damage” over ledges is based on range and shot speed. Things like splatlings have a hard time with this at full charge because their shots fly past the ledge like you say. Super short range stuff like a sploosh o matic or brush won’t even make it over the ledge. But for mid-range stuff like splat dualies and splattershots, it’s very realistic for the bullets to start falling after they’re over the ledge. If a falling bullet hits you, it only does a little bit of damage, but this can add up. I’m not sure about the splash o matic, maybe its accuracy makes it easier to predict where bullets will fall, or maybe your foes have been smart and gotten away from the ledge as fast as they could once you started shooting. In any case, you can test various weapons on the high-up dummies in the firing range to find out how various weapons handle fall-off damage. I’m by no means an expert on this, but I hope this helped a little

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom