• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Holiday update weapon discusion

Which new thing for the holiday updates are you most hyped about?

• New hairstyles!

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • New maps!

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • New weapons!

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • New mode, Clam blitz!

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • New music!

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • New gear!

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
Hi everyone!
Having watched the new trailer for the holiday updates that are coming to splatoon 2 in the next couple of weeks, and the GameXplaine (spelt that wrong didn't I?) video I was struck with how litle was said about the new weapons shown in the trailer.....

So I decided to post this thread to see what you have to say about them!

Here's all I know about them so far:

●The hydra splatling is coming back!!!!!

●There's a new type of duelies (the blue blocky ones), but we don't know what they are called or what makes them "special"

●The Squeezer is finaly here! (Is it just me or does it look like a champaine cork?)

●And finaly, there's a new brella that you can shoot while its open, which looks suspisiously like the unbrella gun from kingsmen.

...aaaaand that's about it from my point of view, what do you have to say about it?

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
The dualies are called the Glooga Dualies and they come with Ink Mines and Inkjet. They seem to have range and firing speed similar to that of the .96 gal.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
With how strong the Splat Brella is now, I'm pretty worried about that new Brella. How good it is depends on how many shots it takes to kill.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Tr
Well, look at at it this way: everyone thought the Tenta Brella would be op, and now that it's out...yeah.
True, but I'm still worried. The normal brella is among the top 3 weapons in the game right now and just being able to shoot through your shield could lead to some big problems in terms of balancing.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
With that new brella, I'm glad to be a blaster main

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Tr

True, but I'm still worried. The normal brella is among the top 3 weapons in the game right now and just being able to shoot through your shield could lead to some big problems in terms of balancing.
I think it'll definitely be a 3-hit splat minimum, and it'll have less range n durability than the regular brella, but yeah, it definitely looks really powerful. Won't deny that it's the new weapon I'm most excited for hehe.

Pierre

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Funfair
There's going to be new gear, 140 pieces to be exact.
I think they meant as in no new gear in the poll. I was gonna vote gear, but alas...

Also off-topic, but does anyone know at what time the update is coming? Is it even coming today? I'm sorry, I just didn't want to make a new thread.

Nerdbird

Pro Squid
Sorry for not including gear in the poll, just changed it now for all you if you wanted to vote for it as you most hyped new thing.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
New Gear, but this is just a teensy bit ahead of everything else.

I'm just too hyped for words in general. New gear gets my vote mostly because we've still been missing stuff from S1 and it's grown stale for me, even with Annie's variants, and this is closely followed by new music for similar reasons. I'm not hating the current soundtrack, but the battle OST for regular turf/league/ranked felt like one song even when I play a session for half a day I still struggle to hear any difference. The two new bands are defo up my alley, with Bottom Feeders being slightly preferred over Ink Theory genre-wise but both really add that crazy BGM that I felt was just too fitting for the game back when I picked up the first game. Clam Blitz can go both ways, but I'm certainly happy about a new ranked mode happening and the Hydra finally making its return with a monster kit to top it off is just too good to be true. And new maps, and Wallleye returning, whee!~

All in all it's a huge update inkoming and everything is quite good! Except for you, boi haircuts. Yes, you're terrible. I can't get over this.

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Except for you, boi haircuts. Yes, you're terrible. I can't get over this.
:(
I get you don't like them, but I wish you wouldn't make me feel bad for liking them.
with Bottom Feeders being slightly preferred over Ink Theory genre-wise but both really add that crazy BGM that I felt was just too fitting for the game back when I picked up the first game.
Bottom Feeders is the most kicka*s thing to happen to this games soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom