• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hopes for kits, nerfs, & buffs to weapons, subs, & specials

nedia

Inkling
Personally I’m hoping for a slight tetra paint buff and a fizzy, jetpack or booyah bomb kit with it. If we ever get to 3rd kits.

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
tetra paint isnt that bad it's just that the weapon doesn't need to paint to move, nor does it stay alive long enough to provide any good paint.

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Tetras don't really need changes. They're not really used right now though because Cooler makes everything like Tetra

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
Tetras don't really need changes. They're not really used right now though because Cooler makes everything like Tetra
on that topic, nerf cooler special saver to around 10 AP (1 main) that doesn't stack with existing special saver (maybe ssu and rsu now go to 57 AP as compensation?)

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Personally I'm fine with there being a cooler on most team comps, the problem is that pencil is the best option 90% of the time. I think it just needs a straight paint nerf so the weapon can focus on actually shooting people (not the floor)

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
Personally I'm fine with there being a cooler on most team comps, the problem is that pencil is the best option 90% of the time. I think it just needs a straight paint nerf so the weapon can focus on actually shooting people (not the floor)
i feel like the fact that cooler can force specials and bring your team back with their specials still charged is kinda bs design. im fine with cooler on a lot of comps but i feel like it should be less essential and the special saver should be toned down.

nedia

Inkling
tetra paint isnt that bad it's just that the weapon doesn't need to paint to move, nor does it stay alive long enough to provide any good paint.
I agree, for me it’s more of a personal preference, I just wish it had a little more paint, it might help it more in a solo cue setting. As you said it doesn’t really need any changes, and cooler makes it less relevant because everything has its speed (kinda like wiper). Also a better sub like fizzy would help with paint.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
my maybe controversial take is that they should "nerf" tacticooler by just straight up reducing the default respawn time as a whole for everyone. just by like half a second or so, but make it so that it doesn't feel quite as bad to not have tacticooler by reducing the time it takes to respawn without it. could end up making the entire game harder to be really good at (you'd have less time to make a push off of an advantage state), but that's kinda how the meta already is, so i think it would ultimately alleviate it

MintyMisc

Mint Chocto
Premium
Pronouns
She/They
Patch Hopes
  • Octobrush recieves same ink resistance effect that inkbrush has
  • Painbrush's additional windup time has been reduced from 23 to 19 frames
  • Reduced rate of fire on squeezer tap shots
  • Ultra Stamp will always block shots n' projectiles n' stuff from the front
  • The path that appears when using reefslider is now invisible to the enemies
  • Reduced reefslider endlag
  • Slightly increased enemy map detection range for squid beakon
Kit Hopes
Octobrush With Burst / Triple Splashdown
Painbrush With Fizzy Bomb / Crab Tank

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
  • Reduced rate of fire on squeezer tap shots
honestly as a newly-formed squeezer main i do agree on this, i never mash at the maximum speed you're technically able to so that i can save my fingers from death, and even with a slower firerate it still feels plenty powerful with the total lack of inaccuracy, so i feel like it'd be a fair nerf that could honestly end up benefitting even the people that play the weapon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom