Hopes for the v7.0.0 balance patch...

athen

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7099-0665-2210
Well, Dread Wringer and Flingza Roller have horrible second kits. That's neat. Anyways, I wanted to share my thoughts on what the next balance patch should look like. This isn't going to be totally realistic, as this will include actual changes that benefit the game. Without further ado, here are my hopes for the v7.0.0 balance patch coming with the Fresh Season 2024:

Main Weapon Changes

Snipewriter 5H / Snipewriter 5B
- Decreased the range of a max charge to that of a Splat Charger.
- Tightened the width of fully charged shots by 15%, reducing paint.
- Lessened the number of shots on a full charge from 5 to 4.
+ Increased ink efficiency by 6%.

Squeezer / Foil Squeezer
- Decreased ink efficiency of the tap-fire mode by 6%.

H-3 Nozzlenose / H-3 Nozzlenose D
+ Increased strafe speed while continuously firing by around 10%.
+ Increased the minimum damage of shots travelling to 35.
+ Increased the velocity of the bullets after firing by around 12%.

Dynamo Roller / Gold Dynamo Roller
+ Made the paint after performing a horizontal flick more consistent.
+ Increased the minimum damage on a vertical flick from 40 to 60.
+ Will now perform a horizontal flick after using the Squid Surge ability.

Big Swig Roller / Big Swig Roller Express
+ Increased the minimum damage of a horizontal swing from 35 to 40.
+ Increased the range that a horizontal swing will do max damage by 15%.

Goo Tuber / Custom Goo Tuber
+ Increased the range of a full charge by 10%.
+ Increased the charge speed by 3%.

Bloblobber / Bloblobber Deco
+ Increased the damage from 30 to 33.
+ Increased the velocity of each blob by around 5%.
+ Increased the ink efficiency by 8%.
+ Increased the size of each blob by 3%.
+ Increased max range by 5%.

Explosher / Custom Explosher
+ Increased velocity of shots by 5%.
+ Increased damage of indirect hits from 35 to 40.
+ Increased object damage by 50%.

Dread Wringer / Dread Wringer D
+ Increased the size of each slosh by 5%.
+ Increased the range by 5%.

Dapple Dualies / Dapple Dualies Nouveau
+ Increased range while firing by 8%
+ Increased fire rate by 4% in both firing modes.
+ Increased the length you travel when performing a dodge roll by 10%.
- Increased the amount of ink consumed when performing a dodge roll by 2%.

Glooga Dualies
+ Increased size of paint droplets while firing by 8%.
+ Increased the damage of the standard fire from 36 to 48.

Dualie Squelchers / Custom Dualie Squelchers
+ Increased bullet velocity while firing by 8%.
+ Increased the size of bullets by 10%.
+ Increased ink efficiency while performing a dodge roll by 1.5%.

Splat Brella / Sorella Brella
+ Increased max damage from 81 to 88.
- Decreased ink efficiency by 2.5%.

Undercover Brella / Undercover Sorella Brella
+ Increased max damage from 40 to 45.
+ Increased the damage of the shield from 15 to 20.
+ Decreased the time it take for the shield to recover from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
+ Increased width of paint while continuously firing by 15%.
+ Increased strafe speed by 8%.
+ Increased rate of fire by 2/60 of a second (2/60 frame increase).

Luna Blaster / Luna Blaster Neo
+ Increased range by 8%.
+ Increased the minimum damage from 50 to 55.
+ Increased radius from 35.7 to 38.5.

Clash Blaster / Clash Blaster Neo
+ Increased width of paint while continuously firing by 40%.
+ Increased damage of a direct hit from 60 to 75.
+ Increased damage of an indirect hit from 30 to 33.
+ Increased range by 8%.

S-Blast '92 / S-Blast '91
+ Increase the radius of a grounded shot from 0.2 to 1.5.
+ Increase the ink efficiency by 5%.

Inkbrush / Inkbrush Nouveau
+ Increased the maximum damage from 20 to 25.
+ Increased the range while firing by 5%.

Octobrush / Octobrush Nouveau
+ Increased the range that maximum damage will be dealt by 15%.
+ Added an ink resistance effect while rolling, similar to the Inkbrush.

Painbrush / Painbrush Nouveau
+ Decreased the delay before the weapon begins to fire from 20/60ths of a second to 10/60ths of a second.
+ Added an ink resistance effect while rolling, similar to the Inkbrush.
+ Increased the ink efficiency while rolling by 12%.

Tri-Stringer / Inkline Tri-Stringer
+ Increased the size of paint droplets on a full charge by 18%.
+ Increased the damage of the grounded arrow explosion from 30 to 35.
+ Increased the damage of every arrow on a full charge from 35 to 40.
+ Increased the object damage by 50%.
+ Increased the strafing speed while holding down the ZR button by 12%.

REEF-LUX 450 / REEF-LUX 450 Deco
+ Increased the range of a full charge by 12%.
+ Increased the time you can hold a charge while swimming in the ink to 2.5 seconds.

Splatana Wiper / Splatana Wiper Deco
+ Increased the damage of a horizontal swing from 30 to 33.
+ Can now increase the strafing speed while the Run Speed Up ability is equipped by up to 15%.

Sub Weapon Changes

Fizzy Bomb
- Decreased the damage dealt on the outside radius from 35 to 30.
- Increased the cost of ink to throw from 60% to 65%.
- Increased the amount of white ink frames by 1.5/60ths of a second.

Splat Bomb / Suction Bomb
- Increased the amount of white ink frames by 1.5/60ths of a second.
- Decreased the maximum damage dealt on the inside radius from 180 to 150.

Sprinkler
+ Removed the third mode.
+ After the user has been splatted, it will now destroy 5 seconds after and not as soon as they are splatted. If the user has the Quick Respawn ability equipped and respawns before the Sprinkler is destroyed, it will not be destroyed.
+ Increased the maximum damage dealt from 20 to 28.
+ Decreased the amount of ink consumed once throw from 60% to 50%.

Curling Bomb
+ Decreased the amount of ink consumed with no charge from 65% to 45%. The amount of ink consumed when charged will gradually raise, becoming 65% on a full charge.
+ Increased the width of paint when thrown without a charge by 8%.

Point Sensor
+ Increased the size of the AOE when it hits a surface by 15%, but goes back to its former size after 0.5 seconds.
+ Will show the icon of the Main Weapon of located enemies for 3.5 seconds.
+ Will show how close located enemies are to filling out their Special Weapon gauge.

Ink Mine
+ Decreased ink consumption when used from 60% to 50%.
+ You can now place ink mine slightly in front of you instead of directly below you.
+ Damage of a direct hit increased from 45 to 55.

Toxic Mist
+ Will now completely stop enemies who Squid Roll and Squid Surge into the mist.
+ Now prevents healing and special charging for enemies inside of the mist.
+ Enemies who leave the mist will keep the effects of the mist for 1.5 seconds.
+ Increased velocity when thrown by 12%.
+ Increased max throwing range by 5%.

Angle Shooter
+ Increased the damage of a direct hit from 40 to 50.
+ Increased the damage of the the line from 0 to 25.
+ Increased the tracking location of a direct hit from 6 seconds to 10 seconds.
+ Increased the width of the line by 10%.
+ Increased the duration that the line stays from 2 seconds to 3 seconds.
+ Increased damage to objects by 300%.

Special Weapon Changes

Trizooka
- Increased the amount of delay before you can begin firing after activating the special to 55/60ths of a seconds.
- Decreased the damage of an indirect hit from 53 to 50.
- Decreased the radius of an indirect hit by 15%.

Tacticooler
- No longer applies Special Saver. Respawn Punisher will be able to deplete the Special Gauge again.
- Decreased the amount of Quick Respawn applied from 57AP to 38AP (respawn time changed from 3.5 seconds to 4.05 seconds).

Zipcaster
+ Now is duration based instead of ink tank based. Lasts 8 seconds, giving the user infinite ink to zip around with.
+ Increased the maximum damage of the arm from 100 to 120.
+ Increased the range for maximum damage to occur when using the arm by 8%.

Wave Breaker
+ Increased the size of the waves by 200%.
+ Increased the damage dealt from 45 to 50.

Ink Vac
+ The user can now go into swim form whenever the shot is ready to be fired.
+ The user can now end the vacuum early, allowing for them to shoot the shot.

Ultra Stamp
+ Now has complete protection from the front. Is still vulnerable from the sides and back.
+ Increased the damage dealt by the outside shockwaves from 45 to 55.
+ Increased the damage dealt by a direct hit while in rush mode from 100 to 120.
- Decreased the radius of the shockwaves by 5%.

Reefslider
+ Can now travel 2.5 times the distance.
+ Removed all delay frames for the user after the explosion, allowing them to act instantly.
+ The path of the Reefslider and the explosion will now destroy Sub Weapons.
- Removed all invincibility frames.

Triple Inkstrike
+ The user can now go into swim form with a similar movement penalty to Trizooka.
+ Each Inkstrike will last 0.3 seconds longer.

Super Chump
+ Decreased the time to explode after landing the ground from 4 seconds to 3 seconds.
+ Will now track locate enemies in the Super Chump landing radius for 3 seconds after landing.
+ Will now do a flash of 15 damage for each Chump in a radius 70% the size of the Chump explosions upon hitting the ground.
+ Allies can now Super Jump in conjunction with the Super Chumps by pressing L while standing near the Super Chump launcher.

Kraken Royale
- Allies of the Kraken Royale user can no longer Super Jump to it while holding Clams or Power Clams in the Clam Blitz mode.
- The Kraken Royale will now be automatically pushed off of the Tower in the Tower Control mode.
- The Kraken Royale user can no longer pick up the Rainmaker in the Rainmaker mode.
+ Increased the damage of the jump attack from 60 to 80.
+ Increased the movement speed by 4%.

Triple Splashdown
+ Revert every single nerf they did while reworking this thing. It is no longer slower, the radius increases the higher up you are, the radius should be bigger by default, etc.
+ When performing a Super Jump, activating Splashdown will not only Splashdown normally like before but also send the two fists summoned onto two random areas around the Splashdown radius.

Splattercolor Screen
- No longer applies the distorted visual or audio effects.
+ Allies can now see through their own Splattercolor Screen.
+ Increased the damage dealt to enemies from 30 to 45.
+ Applies a slowing effect, similar to Toxic Mist, to enemies who pass through the screen.
+ Will now destroy any Sub Weapon that passes through the screen.
+ Will now locate any enemies who pass through the screen for 1.5 seconds.

My main hope with these changes, if we're going to get any of them, is to buff a ton of weaker options that really need it, and slightly tone back the dominant options. I would be happy if even a fraction of what is listed here were to actually happen. What do you guys think of my ideas, and what are some of yours? Feel free to let me know!

Ravioli

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7782-9746-0979
I feel like doing this many changes at the same time to everything runs the risk of severely over or undertuning things, but at this point it might be better than doing next to nothing, which has apparently been the strategy so far.

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
I actually made a ton of patch note ideas myself so I’m really interested in how it differs.
Pencil is called 5H so I don’t know if reducing it to 4 shots is a good idea, though it definitely needs nerfs to range and paint.
I like giving Dynamo its horizontal flick as an option but it feels weird to only give it to dynamo. I don’t think the rest of the rollers won’t benefit too much from the horizontal being an option in the air.
I like the goo changes but I don’t think it’s enough for it (tbf I dunno what to do with it either).
Blob scares me in that I feel it would be unhealthy if it was good considering the game state which is why I personally don’t like the blob changes.
Clash is a similar issue to blob which is why I personally don’t like the changes to that. I like the damage but it’s a bit too much. Maybe tone that back but gurrantee a perfect paint trail when it shoots, similar to Wiper?
Curling I feel would paint WAYYYY too well at 45%. I’ll admit I’d actually tone back the paint trail width if it is that cheap.
Mines I personally feel are fine in their current state. A small buff doesn’t hurt though.
Mist I always had in mind have it drain special charge (like 3p/sec) and I think your approach on that is definitely better. Denying special charge is really interesting imo and I like the idea of it on mist.
Dart I like the approach but I don’t think 50 damage is that rewarding when looking at Burst’s 60 direct.
Zooka, I would complain about 50 damage being way to easy to heal from but nah, screw Zooka.
With zip, I am a bit concerned about arm spam if it’s solely duration based. I like where you’re going with though.
Wave doing 50 is imo kind of insane. To be fair though, Jet and Zooka both got effectively increased radii so I don’t blame you.
I want to argue that not being able to swim when firing a shot messes up a big part of counterplay against ink vac. I feel it just needs to be able to do more while sucking.
With full front protection, I do not think hammer would need the 55 indirect whatsoever. But I like the other changes.
The reefslider change is very interesting. I was at first concerned about it being effectively global range but it needs to be sliding to move so I think that change would be fine.
As for strikes, I like the two changes but if the strikes are going to be around for longer, could it also take longer for them to reach their maximum radius? Strikes have an insanely infuriating touch of death which is really dumb imo.
I love the idea you have for chumps. I do think 4-3 seconds is a little crazy considering the other changes but I like this.
TSD I don’t like the super jump change. Having two fists come down at random points is really dumb imo though the super jump splashdown definitely needs to be bigger.
Screen I like most of the changes. Location is a bit unecessary though and destroying all subs is absolutely insane. Especially when sensor is a major counterplay to it.

TLDR, I like the changes, some I feel are too much and others not enough though. Glad you posted this though, we need more opinions on this

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
I actually made a ton of patch note ideas myself so I’m really interested in how it differs.
Pencil is called 5H so I don’t know if reducing it to 4 shots is a good idea, though it definitely needs nerfs to range and paint.
I like giving Dynamo its horizontal flick as an option but it feels weird to only give it to dynamo. I don’t think the rest of the rollers won’t benefit too much from the horizontal being an option in the air.
I like the goo changes but I don’t think it’s enough for it (tbf I dunno what to do with it either).
Blob scares me in that I feel it would be unhealthy if it was good considering the game state which is why I personally don’t like the blob changes.
Clash is a similar issue to blob which is why I personally don’t like the changes to that. I like the damage but it’s a bit too much. Maybe tone that back but gurrantee a perfect paint trail when it shoots, similar to Wiper?
Curling I feel would paint WAYYYY too well at 45%. I’ll admit I’d actually tone back the paint trail width if it is that cheap.
Mines I personally feel are fine in their current state. A small buff doesn’t hurt though.
Mist I always had in mind have it drain special charge (like 3p/sec) and I think your approach on that is definitely better. Denying special charge is really interesting imo and I like the idea of it on mist.
Dart I like the approach but I don’t think 50 damage is that rewarding when looking at Burst’s 60 direct.
Zooka, I would complain about 50 damage being way to easy to heal from but nah, screw Zooka.
With zip, I am a bit concerned about arm spam if it’s solely duration based. I like where you’re going with though.
Wave doing 50 is imo kind of insane. To be fair though, Jet and Zooka both got effectively increased radii so I don’t blame you.
I want to argue that not being able to swim when firing a shot messes up a big part of counterplay against ink vac. I feel it just needs to be able to do more while sucking.
With full front protection, I do not think hammer would need the 55 indirect whatsoever. But I like the other changes.
The reefslider change is very interesting. I was at first concerned about it being effectively global range but it needs to be sliding to move so I think that change would be fine.
As for strikes, I like the two changes but if the strikes are going to be around for longer, could it also take longer for them to reach their maximum radius? Strikes have an insanely infuriating touch of death which is really dumb imo.
I love the idea you have for chumps. I do think 4-3 seconds is a little crazy considering the other changes but I like this.
TSD I don’t like the super jump change. Having two fists come down at random points is really dumb imo though the super jump splashdown definitely needs to be bigger.
Screen I like most of the changes. Location is a bit unecessary though and destroying all subs is absolutely insane. Especially when sensor is a major counterplay to it.

TLDR, I like the changes, some I feel are too much and others not enough though. Glad you posted this though, we need more opinions on this
Here’s the link to the thread of the patch note ideas: https://squidboards.com/threads/patch-note-ideas-they’re-kinda-ridiculous.43036/
Or if just jumping to the doc is fine, here (it’s a little more up to date anyway): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t1iqv5gDEj6mqAOIcpP3D2UQTw_8gX2eR6zQkg-_pO4/edit

Last edited:

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
there's like a solid 40% of things there that feel like they'd be way too much and would feel bad to have to deal with. there's a lot here so i don't really think i could reasonably get into every single thing i don't like, but like, things still need to be fair to fight, and a lot of these kinda push that too far imo

one thing that comes up a lot is the idea of 33 damage, which sounds like it would be a bad idea for literally anything to me. mpu was disliked in splatoon 2 for a reason, it doesn't feel good to die to an arbitrary 3-shot that should've been a 4-shot because you stood in enemy ink for 3 frames beforehand. (disclaimer: i know mpu was more generally a problem for things that were a 2 or 3 shot but i still think the principle would apply to any amount of damage totalling to 99. i didn't play s2 though so i could be wildly wrong here)

in general i also don't really like anything here that changes shots-to-kill (being able to 2-shot with a line marker or ultra stamp radius would not be fun for anyone involved it would just be lame), though that doesn't apply for combos (eg. i like the clash blaster change of being able to do direct -> indirect, disregarding the 33 damage proposal), and also with an exception of the dynamo vertical flick change bc lol it needs it

finally, asking for some clarification: when you say "Removed all invincibility frames" on reefslider, does that include the state where it's driving forward? because if so then i think reefslider would legitimately be worse with that set of changes, because it just provides more opportunity to splat it before it even gets value in the first place, at which point the other buffs don't matter. that's a free kill for any charger paying attention, it's a target moving in a predictable straight line. that or i'm misunderstanding it

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
There are a couple of things that didn't sit right with me as I looked through this:

Snipewriter is being obliterated for some reason, when from what I know it was basically bottom-tier until Tacticooler became the meta monster it is today. The 5B barely sees any play, so I don't see how nerfing the features that make it unique is going to do justice.

Also, I really don't think bloblobber should be buffed, at least nearly that much. Like clashblaster, it is not necessarily popular among top-level players, but otherwise it is infamously known for being annoying to play against and counter.

DChachouke

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
she/her and they/them
Switch Friend Code
SW-6147-2273-1817
I just want them to fix screen so I can use foil flingza :(

athen

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7099-0665-2210
there's like a solid 40% of things there that feel like they'd be way too much and would feel bad to have to deal with. there's a lot here so i don't really think i could reasonably get into every single thing i don't like, but like, things still need to be fair to fight, and a lot of these kinda push that too far imo

one thing that comes up a lot is the idea of 33 damage, which sounds like it would be a bad idea for literally anything to me. mpu was disliked in splatoon 2 for a reason, it doesn't feel good to die to an arbitrary 3-shot that should've been a 4-shot because you stood in enemy ink for 3 frames beforehand. (disclaimer: i know mpu was more generally a problem for things that were a 2 or 3 shot but i still think the principle would apply to any amount of damage totalling to 99. i didn't play s2 though so i could be wildly wrong here)

in general i also don't really like anything here that changes shots-to-kill (being able to 2-shot with a line marker or ultra stamp radius would not be fun for anyone involved it would just be lame), though that doesn't apply for combos (eg. i like the clash blaster change of being able to do direct -> indirect, disregarding the 33 damage proposal), and also with an exception of the dynamo vertical flick change bc lol it needs it

finally, asking for some clarification: when you say "Removed all invincibility frames" on reefslider, does that include the state where it's driving forward? because if so then i think reefslider would legitimately be worse with that set of changes, because it just provides more opportunity to splat it before it even gets value in the first place, at which point the other buffs don't matter. that's a free kill for any charger paying attention, it's a target moving in a predictable straight line. that or i'm misunderstanding it
I'll go in order.

Yeah, after reading over, I do agree some of the damage values may be a bit too overboard, specifically with Wiper. Even just 32 would be way better. Though, even keeping that, it wouldn't be as bad as MPU was.
The invincibility frames are for after the explosion.

athen

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7099-0665-2210
There are a couple of things that didn't sit right with me as I looked through this:

Snipewriter is being obliterated for some reason, when from what I know it was basically bottom-tier until Tacticooler became the meta monster it is today. The 5B barely sees any play, so I don't see how nerfing the features that make it unique is going to do justice.

Also, I really don't think bloblobber should be buffed, at least nearly that much. Like clashblaster, it is not necessarily popular among top-level players, but otherwise it is infamously known for being annoying to play against and counter.
Snipewriter does too much of everything for little repersuccsion. These changes don't make the weapon unusable.

athen

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7099-0665-2210
I disagree with the first part, I think supportive dread is awesome
The problem isn't "supportive" dread, the problem is that the kit doesn't work together at all. It's very unsynergetic with combo numbers, beakon not being good for how dread wants to play, etc.

athen

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7099-0665-2210

5H doesn't refer to the number of shots, but the type of pencil it is. There are 9H pencils, 2B pencils, etc.
I personally don't think it feels weird. Dynamo's vertical flick is downright useless, basically a death sentence when going up a wall. Other rollers can make use of the vertical when going up a wall. Only giving it to Dynamo makes it a bit more unique.
With Goo Tuber I wanted to go small as it already has a good vanilla kit and with the hammer buffs, a good second kit.
I can see how you might dislike the Blob changes, but it wouldn't be as bad as you think. With the increased velocity, painting won't be as good as it is right now, and walling off areas will be a tad bit harder. The changes are there to make it able to fight more, while still being supportive.
I don't see how the damage would be too much. The time-to-kill is still extremely low, and increasing the damage allows for a direct and an indirect to combo.
Curling is supposed to be a mobility tool.
I didn't want dart to feel too similar to burst bomb.
I disagree. The difference between it, Zooka, and Strikes is that it only gets one, very slow traveling shot. It's easy to react to.
55 would benefit it, which is why I decreased the shockwave radius. It would help combo better and confirm nearby kills much quick as it's supposed to be a highly aggressive, up-close kill option.
I don't see how that's global range, it will only go 2.5x farther, just enough to get behind enemy lines.
I can see how it might be dumb but they would be reactable as well, I should've mentioned that I forgot to say that they'd also have tiny jump markers.
Booyah Bomb, Splashdown, and Strikes destroy bombs, so why not Screen? And location is a very important tool and only one other special can do it.

athen

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-7099-0665-2210
I feel like doing this many changes at the same time to everything runs the risk of severely over or undertuning things, but at this point it might be better than doing next to nothing, which has apparently been the strategy so far.
I don't think there's such thing as too many changes. Changing the game drastically can make it feel refreshing, fun, and give a lot to explore. Huge drastic updates can call for smaller updates afterwards to balance things when good players learn the meta.

Terret

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-5277-2851-4605
5H doesn't refer to the number of shots, but the type of pencil it is. There are 9H pencils, 2B pencils, etc.
I personally don't think it feels weird. Dynamo's vertical flick is downright useless, basically a death sentence when going up a wall. Other rollers can make use of the vertical when going up a wall. Only giving it to Dynamo makes it a bit more unique.
With Goo Tuber I wanted to go small as it already has a good vanilla kit and with the hammer buffs, a good second kit.
I can see how you might dislike the Blob changes, but it wouldn't be as bad as you think. With the increased velocity, painting won't be as good as it is right now, and walling off areas will be a tad bit harder. The changes are there to make it able to fight more, while still being supportive.
I don't see how the damage would be too much. The time-to-kill is still extremely low, and increasing the damage allows for a direct and an indirect to combo.
Curling is supposed to be a mobility tool.
I didn't want dart to feel too similar to burst bomb.
I disagree. The difference between it, Zooka, and Strikes is that it only gets one, very slow traveling shot. It's easy to react to.
55 would benefit it, which is why I decreased the shockwave radius. It would help combo better and confirm nearby kills much quick as it's supposed to be a highly aggressive, up-close kill option.
I don't see how that's global range, it will only go 2.5x farther, just enough to get behind enemy lines.
I can see how it might be dumb but they would be reactable as well, I should've mentioned that I forgot to say that they'd also have tiny jump markers.
Booyah Bomb, Splashdown, and Strikes destroy bombs, so why not Screen? And location is a very important tool and only one other special can do it.
I understand 5H and 5B are different types of pencils and don’t necessarily need to correlate to the number of shots, but at the same time, why mess with the gimmick when the concept of it isn’t bad?
Your argument for Dynamo is fair, I’m admittedly kind of obsessed with certain things being consistent.
Goo I didn’t consider the kits as much as I should have so the light buffs do make more sense now.
Blob I’m still worried about the increased maximum range specifically. Those bubbles are going to be everywhere.
Clash in a competitive setting would be fine with the changes you have. That being said, in less competitive settings, it’s significantly more infuriating. The fact it’s still a four shot maximum makes me think about it as less insane now.
Curling I understand is meant to be a mobility tool but the width of the trail at least to me puts a ton of paint for a 45% ink tank cost. But that’s just me.
Fair point for dart, 50 damage is a lot better of a number than I give it credit for and the other reward for direct of 10 seconds marked will help make the reward feel rewarding enough for 40% of the tank.
Thinking about it now, your vac ideas in tandem aren’t as crazy as I initially thought. That being said, I feel there should be a light penalty for canceling to the shot early and a swimming movement penalty while in the shot.
I like your ideas for stamp a lot more now that you’ve explained it, no objections there.
Reefslider, sorry for the misphrasing, that’s my bad. I meant Reefslider would go so far, the special would be practically global. That was a false thought on my part.
I’m a little safer with the TSD approach now that you mentioned there being separate markers for the fists.
Screen I understand the location but I’m still hesitant on it eating bombs because every single special you mentioned lasts short enough to not eat that many. And some that aren’t (hammer, Vac and kraken) all temporarily force a player outside of their main weapon for a good period of time. Screen however, lasts long and does not cost a main weapon (bubble is the same thing but it’s bubble’s point and it doesn’t move). You could still just throw over it but I just personally don’t really like the idea of screen eating bombs. But that’s just me.
Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. I love looking at these things and new ideas are always fresh to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom