• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Hot Take!

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
HOT TAKE!
Clam Blitz is genuinely a terrible mode.

Okay, not a terrible, but deffinitly one that people doesn't understand well despite being in high ranks. I mean, above A+ ranks and below X since I haven't reached X rank in Clam Blitz. We all have tips and tricks everyone does in the other main gamemode, because they have been around for so long, right? In low rank, you expect players to be learning. In clam blitz? It seems like nobody really got the memo that you can super jumps with clams. Let alone look at their map. That's a huge generalisation, however I hardly have seen players flat out doing both and costing us the a struggling comeback we failled.

I'm at the basket, it's safe, I see someone has a super clam and is not near ennemy ink enough to be in danger-- "This way!" They immediatly go through the middle. They go through the dangerous area, covered in ennemy ink, instead of looking at their map, see where I am and if they feel unsafe, they could have retreated more in our base to take all their time to super jump to me. Beacons? They hardly get noticed. People use brush constantly and it's so painful because; you can't get pass a tight defense. You can NOT carry a game alone in clam blitz, splat zone, rainmaker, tower control, it's entirely possible to do. Clam blitz? The game mode is way more heavy on the working as a team with its mechanism. It's less rewarding for doing good on your side and more rewarding for taking your team into account in your strategy.

I might just be salty because I had amazing team pals that we had great push and won, great comeback, last minute clutch from working as a team and using tools, maps and the way to communicate in the game. But that's only a 10% and it was enough to stain my opinion on that mode. And I don't play clamblitz a lot at all, so 10% is a large portion of good team communications... So that say a lot.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
GENUINE X-TRA CRISP HOT TAKE:

This website is legit not worth it now. The last update was since May 2018 and since then it's just been radio silence on the main news page. No words on the new Toni Kensa stuff, no new specials/subs or anything reported or covered or anything. The thumbnails for the new stages haven't been updated either and the ads on this site just don't work most of the time, making premium kinda useless.

Speaking about that, having premium on a website that seems to be entirely neglected is kinda irresponsible. If the admins don't have the time to keep the site updated anymore, just pass the torch to someone who can. All i see are mods who desperately keep doing their best to hold back the tide of spam bots.

You can't pin down the loss of traffic on the departure of several important people like Dude or Flc from your forum, it's sheer neglect plain and simple.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146

This website is legit not worth it now. The last update was since May 2018 and since then it's just been radio silence on the main news page. No words on the new Toni Kensa stuff, no new specials/subs or anything reported or covered or anything. The thumbnails for the new stages haven't been updated either and the ads on this site just don't work most of the time, making premium kinda useless.

Speaking about that, having premium on a website that seems to be entirely neglected is kinda irresponsible. If the admins don't have the time to keep the site updated anymore, just pass the torch to someone who can. All i see are mods who desperately keep doing their best to hold back the tide of spam bots.

You can't pin down the loss of traffic on the departure of several important people like Dude or Flc from your forum, it's sheer neglect plain and simple.
i wish i could still like posts this sites been a rotting corpse for a while

it’s so dead i cant even find good copypastas on it anymore

Last edited:

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet

This feels too true.

As others before me have pointed out, this place has awful user retention; people come and go like a cheap motel during the holidays. And to be frank, I keep on seeing the same 20 or so people posting on threads despite the fact that this place has over 200,000 users.

Discord and Reddit have kinda eaten this website's two niches. Communicating with other people and engaging in more meaningful discussion. Discord is 10x easier to communicate with someone than on a forum, and Reddit already existed before Squidboards, and thus already had a much larger user base.

AisforAnon

Inkling
@Noco yes. thank you this made my day

HOT TAKE booyah bomb SUCKS. Just camp the landing and break the armor. or wait till they throw at which point they instantly lose it.

HOT TAKE the kensa pro is the worst pro.

HOT TAKE unscoped chargers are so much better just from the charge hold.

BreadBandit

Inkling
HOT TAKE:

It's extremely hard to find groups of friends to play with on this site.

Even when I do find a group, they likely disband within a month

Please help me I'm a newbie who just wants some frens

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
HOT TAKE:

It's extremely hard to find groups of friends to play with on this site.

Even when I do find a group, they likely disband within a month

Please help me I'm a newbie who just wants some frens
At this point in time, you'd be better served looking for friends on Discord and Twitter. On Discord, the Squidboard server, Inkademy, and Inkopolis Crosswalk are good places to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom