• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How are ranked ties decided?

shining_chaos

Inkster Jr.
NNID
shining_chaos
I know with Turf War it's done by the tiniest amount of ink. But how does it work with ranked?

For Rainmaker and TC I know that whichever team had it last, if they go to tie, they drop down a point instead of actually being the same number to prevent ties, I think? But I just ran into the issue on Splatzones where no one controlled both zones at all during the game. Does it just decide both teams lose or is there something else going on here? I can't seem to find the answer for some reason.

Random Robot

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AidanZam
There are three possibilities I can think of.

1. The winner is decided by the team that has the most turf covered at the end of the game

2. Whoever came closer to capturing the zone(s)

3. It's decided randomly

Sethy

Inkling
NNID
TySeanCat
If no one takes the splat zone once during the match it would go into overtime until one team has?

Thought that's how that would normally work.. never had that happen before however. lol

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
I do some people(sorry, dont remember who) testing ties in turf wars to see what would happen if no one covered ink at all on the map. A group of people did some private matches and the results were that the winner was determined randomly, so I wouldnt doubt that it's the same for ranked.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
I've seen, in TC and SZ, the timer drop back down by one if a team got it to a tie and then immediately lost the tower/zone(s). I imagine a similar thing would happen on RM. The game doesn't seem to allow ties, and favors whoever had the higher points first.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
Judd gets bored of watching such uneventful matches, so he chooses it arbitrarily just because he does not want it to go on and last time he called a tie, a salty inkling smacked his face with a Dynamo Roller.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
This could be tested on private matches, no one moves until timer stops. If there's a winner, it's random :D

shining_chaos

Inkster Jr.
NNID
shining_chaos
I've seen, in TC and SZ, the timer drop back down by one if a team got it to a tie and then immediately lost the tower/zone(s). I imagine a similar thing would happen on RM. The game doesn't seem to allow ties, and favors whoever had the higher points first.
I have definitely seen this happen, but it only works if someone actually takes the zones. (It's really hard for no one to take the rainmaker or tower but with two zones it's not quite as impossible to not get both zone.) I'm just confused/frustrated still that it happened, or at least that they penalized the team the normal amount for a game that no one really won or lost.

s_miyahon

Inkster Jr.
Iirc if no one captured the zone (both team's timers are at 100) by the end of the game it'll go into overtime until someone does. I think that happened to me during Port Mackerel SZ once

Anaru

Inkling Cadet
NNID
lavalizard24
It's never happened to me, but I've heard 2 different things:
1. It's random (the likely one)
2. Everyone comes up as winner (not as likely)

MrL1193

Inkling Cadet

I've heard tell that in private rooms, Judd always favors the Alpha Team in the event of a tie, but I don't know how accurate that is or whether or not it carries over to public lobbies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom