• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How are your experiences with Squad Battles so far?

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
I gotta say, it's far superior to Ranked. Me and my friends got together and formed a Squad along with a Skype call on the side. It's really refreshing to have a team that knows what they're doing. Also when we lose, at least we lose together. :) In Ranked, everyone splits up immediately, and comebacks are impossible, and it's the opposite in Squad Battles.

Anyone else got thoughts? Also if there's already a thread for this, lemme know.

Kebab

Full Squid
Tri squad apparently puts you up against 4 people sometimes . 3v4 is unfair and Nintendo should fix this right now.
They specifically tell you that you'll be put at a disadvantage and plus the icon is small so people most likely won't do it a lot.
The only thing that the 3 team has is a really quick respawn time.

Cullen

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
CullenDaGaDee
Switch Friend Code
SW-0399-9657-5873
Tri squad probably should at least have the option to exclude 3v4 matches for people who only have two friends available at the time.

That aside, I really dig squad mode, very nice to be able to build teams with your buddies and coordinate efforts. And it's also funny to hear them rage at stages they don't like.

Anatole

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Anatole-Ostara
I actually don`t think it`s much of a problem to go 3x4, it seems like you gain way more points when you win and lose less. Also, the respawn time really makes the difference. I won lots of battles in tri quad against four squad. It`s only a real problem if the other squad is really god, but then it would be a problem in 4x also haha Also, when playing tri squad is important to change your strategies to maximize the squad potential, beacons are specially useful with the faster respawn.

As for squads itself, I think its the best game mode, even without skype, it`s WAY better. Theres no chance of weak players falling on your team so that thing os blaming your team is over. I`ve played hours with friends and it`s like a whole different game with everyone knowing what they`re doing. Also find out some of my friends have my exact strategies hahaha

BigMike

Inkling
Looking to find some people to get a squad going, I'll be online all day today, NNID : An0ldAsianMan
Old has a zero not an O

BeanYak

Full Squid
NNID
Catman789
Jesus Christ, it is so much more fun than playing with randoms. In my first session of a 4 man in ranked, we got ****ed and probably had a 15 game losing streak, and I was probably mostly to blame. It's hard to play with people far from your rank, but it's not much different from other games anyway, and there's not much you can do about it.

Dave1

Inkling
I find it frustrating how if you have an A rank or above in a squad with C's or B's it will put you against S rank squads quite regularly. This might just be my experience but when I tried a duo squad under these circumstances it usually matched us up with similarly ranked duo squads. Maybe this is because there are more duo squads? Squad battles are really fun though. :)

Anatole

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Anatole-Ostara
I find it frustrating how if you have an A rank or above in a squad with C's or B's it will put you against S rank squads quite regularly. This might just be my experience but when I tried a duo squad under these circumstances it usually matched us up with similarly ranked duo squads. Maybe this is because there are more duo squads? Squad battles are really fun though. :)

Also had this experience, I was playing with some low rank friends and got up against a squad of 2 S+ and 2 S, okay, you need to balance cause I would be an unfair advantage againt my friends rank, but come on, 4 S?

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I could not tell the difference in respawn time at all.
Same. The only thing I noticed a huge peak in is tenacity since your special is permanently always loading.

To OPs post... Overall, I love squad battles. I prefer ranked over turf so its great to play with friends and know we will be on the same team. The only thing that I hate is laggy Japanese players teleporting everywhere, take direct hits w/o dying, and causing my team to dc sometimes. Also it seems that only Japanese S-S+ squads ever play in the last few days, I rarely see any other teams. Since I'm S myself the wins/losses don't matter to my rank but its just annoying to play against. Haven't really had the problem in solo as having lag on both teams seems to even things out. Anyone else having these issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom