How did you come up with your team's branding?

DoubleDrewski

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5697-8390-4502
Captains and/or those in the know, how did your teams reach the current branding, be that the name, logo, and tag? Did you try to using any symbolism for any of those aspects? I'd love to know!

Here's My own team, Dark Matter's story:

There's a complicated history to the origins of my team, but when me and the original captain were brainstorming, we wanted to honor an underappreciated aspect of space. Stars? Galaxies? Overused in our opinion. So what about the underbelly, Dark Matter?

As for our logo, originally we had this logo that took inspiration from the logo for antimatter hazard (two arrows rotating), but it wasn't very recognizable. I was now captain and thought some new branding was appropriate, so I refreshed it for this hexagonal logo using triangular shapes (AKA the letter Delta, the greek version of D) that also convey Dark Matter in some scientific applications. That's also why our tag is ΔM∴ instead of DM∴! That ∴ symbol was our way of adding flair without taking up extra space (the ∴ replaces space)

Attachments

zyf_

Pro Squid
"this is a silly squid game, we should have a silly name" -> scuffed branding is funny for our silly name for our silly squid game

LinnGreene

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DaLegendofLink
Switch Friend Code
SW-3632-0631-3237
It stared out as a joke of our united music experience and hating certain keys, and it just kinda spiraled into a funny name for a funny game

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
The two founding members (me and a friend of mine) really like Dragon Ball so we decided to call ourselves the S Fighters, like the Z Fighters. The S stands for Splatoon or Squid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom