How do I beat blasters?

Zac.RAR

Inkster Jr.
NNID
sirboopsalot
I've been playing splatoon for a while now and I can't seem to get past blasters. Well I can technically but only in situations where I'm actually trying to engage them. In any other case such as riding the tower, finding a safe spot to use a special, ect I can't avoid their shots. I know they were nerfed in one of the updates which now requires them to hit a target directly or else they have to hit the target twice for a splat, but the moment I'm hit by the first shot I'm done for.

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
If you are using a close-range weapon, get as close as possible. Very difficult for them to get the one hit kill shot, and any others will fly right over you or hit the floor/walls. Medium range weapons can be tough, because you are in their effective range. I would still try to get in close, but you have to be more accurate, because your rate of fire will probably be much slower.

RamenNoodles

Pro Squid
NNID
waterman12
Use longer range weapons like squelchers,and chargers. You could also use ninja squid and sneak up from behind as it is hard to turn while shooting a blaster.

buttfield

Full Squid
Catch them out of their ideal range. If you're up against Rapid/Rapid Pro/Range, get in their faces. For Standard/Luna, take them out from a distance.
Worst-case scenario is that you're running a weapon that has the same ideal range (e.g. Squiffer v. Rapid, Sploosh v. Luna, Squelcher v. Rapid Pro), in which case it's a battle of skill at that distance.

SplatoonisBagels

Inkster Jr.
NNID
joje02
Use longer range weapons like the Dual Squelcher if its a short ranged weapon like the Luna or Blaster. However, if its the Rapid Blaster (Pro or regular) or a Rang Blaster, try to sneak into their field of blindness, attack them from the backside. Also, if you face a blaster head on, or if you know some are gonna be there in Tower Control, stack some defense up to counter to splash damage of indirect shots to be able to live for more time. You just need to know how the opponent acts, engage or ambush quickly and flank. Try your best and don't get frustrated when you die because you won't be able to deal with them then.

blu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
blu_64
As a squid who has been splatted by many-a-blasters I can tell you, dear mate, that the best way to out sniper ya opponent is to out swim the young Mcgigger. Many swim ups give or take

Ayye! (why am I?...)

Edit: Oh, and, don't forget to have a steady aim to take them out. If you stand still to long, you'll be swatted out instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom