How do I get the 10% discount?

ju1968

Inkling
Hello everyone

As we probably all know we can purchase Splatton through the eShop with 10% discount if we had participated in the Testfire.

However, when I go to the eshop the game is still listed in full price? I plan to buy it on launch day but how do I use the 10% discount? How would he system recognize that I've participated in the demo? Will the price change for me on launch day? I have no idea how this would work. Anybody can help me?

Citanul

Senior Squid
NNID
outforprophets
Are you in the EU? IGN reports that supposedly it's only for EU customers.

ju1968

Inkling
Yes, I've got a European WiiU set with UK as location. The game costs £34.99 and I get the banner that says I can get it for £31.49 if I've played the demo. It's there on the front page of the eShop. But when I click on it and go to the game's page I see the regular price of £34.99. I wonder where the discount is?

Judd

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GreatLordChrom13
Yes, I've got a European WiiU set with UK as location. The game costs £34.99 and I get the banner that says I can get it for £31.49 if I've played the demo. It's there on the front page of the eShop. But when I click on it and go to the game's page I see the regular price of £34.99. I wonder where the discount is?
Maybe just click on buy and it will say something about this discount when you head to the paying screen. Not sure though, maybe search for a tutorial or something and if you can't find anything e-mail/call Nintendo.

ju1968

Inkling
Maybe just click on buy and it will say something about this discount when you head to the paying screen. Not sure though, maybe search for a tutorial or something and if you can't find anything e-mail/call Nintendo.
Thank you for the advice.

The thing is the game is still unavailable to purchase. It says available on 29/05 and thus I can't see the exact purchase screen. Nintnedo, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have an email for eshop customer support. Only an American phone number which renders it completely useless to me. :(

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
I want you to get your discount, I really do, that's cool...but I have to ask...why the heck is it only America that has to pay full AAA price for this game? I already paid it, like don't get me wrong, I will buy Splatoon for 60$...but why does every single other region get some kind of sale price on it!? XD

ju1968

Inkling
I still keep the demo just in case. But there is nothing there.

I want you to get your discount, I really do, that's cool...but I have to ask...why the heck is it only America that has to pay full AAA price for this game? I already paid it, like don't get me wrong, I will buy Splatoon for 60$...but why does every single other region get some kind of sale price on it!? XD
I understand your point. In Europe you can already pre-order the game with a discount of up to 45%.

Every region is different. I try not to be pissed by differences. Sometimes the U.S. get cool stuff, sometimes Europe. We get Yoshi earlier. You've got the red 3ds. You've got the amiibo pack for Splatoon for just $35, we have only the girl and the boy and they're super expensive. The squid is unobtainable outside the game bundle. It would be rather challenging to get the three amiibo figures here.

Judd

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GreatLordChrom13
Thank you for the advice.

The thing is the game is still unavailable to purchase. It says available on 29/05 and thus I can't see the exact purchase screen. Nintnedo, on the other hand, doesn't seem to have an email for eshop customer support. Only an American phone number which renders it completely useless to me. :(
I mean the preorder screen, but can you not go there either? And welp, come on Nintendo, we need some support for stuff like this. Sorry 'bout that, kinda useless information I gave then.

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
@ju1968 it appears the promotion starts the 29th and goes through June 4th, so you may have to wait until the day it releases to be able to do it.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
£34.99 is roughly $53.91 US Dollars so the discounted price of £31.49 is roughly only $48.51 US Dollars. It isn't really that big of a discount but at least they get something- you also need to remember the UK/Europe region is one of the trickier markets for Nintendo so they may be worried about how well it will sell- even here in NA they have been throwing some weird promos around.

ju1968

Inkling
£34.99 is roughly $53.91 US Dollars so the discounted price of £31.49 is roughly only $48.51 US Dollars. It isn't really that big of a discount but at least they get something- you also need to remember the UK/Europe region is one of the trickier markets for Nintendo so they may be worried about how well it will sell- even here in NA they have been throwing some weird promos around.
Exactly !

Normally a game here is priced £49.99 which is $77. That's the price of an AAA game in the eShop. Prices for hardware and software in Europe are significantly higher than in the USA due to unnecessary regulations.

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
Exactly !

Normally a game here is priced £49.99 which is $77. That's the price of an AAA game in the eShop. Prices for hardware and software in Europe are significantly higher than in the USA due to unnecessary regulations.
I heard in Brazil it was even higher due to their sin tax on games as a form of "gambling."

Flakk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Magolorthegreat
That's odd, when I was in the testfire there was no option to prepurchase it or any mention of a discount, while all the NA footage I watched had Prepurchase messages after every game (In EU it just said availble on may 29th)

DonkaFjord

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
DonkaFjord
That's odd, when I was in the testfire there was no option to prepurchase it or any mention of a discount, while all the NA footage I watched had Prepurchase messages after every game (In EU it just said availble on may 29th)
I heard it wasn't available in the EU Eshop at the time. I don't know if it is available now but the promotion starts the day of release I think I read somewhere.

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Oh I know the prices are usually weird. Like I said, I am not annoyed, or think they shouldn't get it or anything. I just wonder why there is nothing similar here. It's not just one region, I have heard the game just has a lower than normal base price compared to the area's norm for a AAA. I'm sure it's something about marketing, but that doesn't mean I don't want to save money :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom