• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How do Inklings go from being splatted by a certain color of Ink to swimming in it the next round?

cool6012

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Cool6012
Or vice versa. They have to be doing something to their bodies right? Is there something different about the opposing teams ink? Am I overthinking a game where squids evolved gain the ability to turn into a person?? This is just something I though about while playing.

Sgo-J

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Yulwei
It's more like you walking of the arena when you get paintballed than it is you actually getting hurt.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
I think Inklings can change color at will; they simply don't do it in the middle of matches because there's probably a rule stating not to do so in a match. Because of that, they can change their bodies' tolerance to prefer a different color of ink, even if it means they can't swim in the ink they squirted before in a different color. That's my theory, at least. I also imagine Inklings can't swim in the purple ink in Octo Valley even if they were purple themselves since it's Octo ink, not Inkling ink.

Goddess Yami

Inkster Jr.
I like to think each arena aka the maps are set to certain conditions. So before the teams go in Judd sets the colors for each team. Also I use the same theory to why the Inklings can't swim in water. It's out of bounds.

OrenjiBoy135

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
OrenjiBoy145
Well, each colour is assigned to different strands of DNA. If the pattern does not match up with the ink's pattern, it reacts to it the same way enemy players do; Covers them in it. When filled of a differently coloured ink it creates a violent reaction, causing the Inkling to be "splattered" in the colour that killed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom