How Do You All Pronounce Conch?

Driftwood

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3698-7224-9692
if enough people pronounce a word wrong it eventually becomes an accepted pronunciation and is no longer wrong
therefore despite being a grammar pedant occasionally, I can still pronounce the ch and be right at the same time :)
(in other words they're both correct but I pronounce it how it's spelled)
Totally agree with the first part. Languages evolve over time. That's why I was mostly just curious what the norm was.

Driftwood

Pro Squid
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-3698-7224-9692
Blame English my buddy, blame English
I mean if you want to get personal, you could blame William the Conqueror for the Norman Invasion of England, which lead to the hybridization of the language.

This partially why I'm interested in the way things are pronounced and spelled. There is often a lot of history behind the way we say things.

Last edited:

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
I mean if you want to get personal, blame William the Conqueror for the Norman Invasion of England, which lead to the hybridization of the language.

This actually why I'm interested in the way things are pronounced and spelled. There is often a lot of history behind the way we say things.
ok, that I didn't know and I still blame the English language, It's the second hardest language to learn, while French is the hardest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom