How do you buy new slots on gear?

Mortiz

Inkling
So that kid just tells me he is busy when I try to buy new slots to my gear. Heard rumours that people with 100k and Level 30 can't do it either. Anyone knows?

Also I wonder if they removed the bonuses after winning a number of Regular Battles? Cash and Snails.

BloodWingdAngel

Inkster Jr.
NNID
BloodWingedAngel
I think it's going to be added once the next Splatfest comes and goes, but yeah for now it's locked out for everyone. Not sure why either.

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
Ive seen people with 4 gear slots on clothes that didnt have them.

Theres no way its locked, i cant get it to work either. I thought id have to be level 10 but i guessss i was wrong.

Mortiz

Inkling
I've heard something now that you must use a piece of gear alot, and then you will get more slots. No idea how many games or wins it takes.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I've been assuming you gain the ability at Lv.30, but maybe not? Guess for now we'll have to rely on 3-star gear.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
What I've heard is that it opens up once you earn your first Super Sea Snail, and that you earn one per level from 31 onward.

Chum87

Inkling
I've been assuming you gain the ability at Lv.30, but maybe not? Guess for now we'll have to rely on 3-star gear.
You can still get 4 slot gear. I'm only level 10 and I got all 4 slot gear. Splatnet and Ordering helps that a lot. Of course you get bad rolls and I have yet to figure out when I can reroll stuff, but I believe it takes gear pieces.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
You can still get 4 slot gear. I'm only level 10 and I got all 4 slot gear. Splatnet and Ordering helps that a lot. Of course you get bad rolls and I have yet to figure out when I can reroll stuff, but I believe it takes gear pieces.
That's what 3-star gear is, gear that has 3 sub slots.

Mortiz

Inkling
So it's clear now that we need snails to get extra slots and reroll. But is it always like that, or can you do it with cash after say lvl 50?
I think it's BS if we can only do it with snails..

And after you hit lvl 50, do you get a snail after 30 wins like in the first game?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
So it's clear now that we need snails to get extra slots and reroll. But is it always like that, or can you do it with cash after say lvl 50?
I think it's BS if we can only do it with snails..

And after you hit lvl 50, do you get a snail after 30 wins like in the first game?
I'm not sure how many lvl 50s there are at the moment to answer that. I'd assume it works like the first game, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom