How Do You Handle A Major Loss Discussion

Nihabz

Banned (6 points)
Whether it be incompetent teammates, not playing to the best of your ability, or straight up bad luck, how do you choose to cope with a loss?

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
I usually quit after two losses, because that A) tells me my team has a bad weapon composition/aren't doing enough, B) stops me from going on a massive losing streak C) allows me to search for good teams at a faster rate and make a more rational decision than simply playing one game and quitting after losing. Overall though I will take note of my own faults and change that if I feel I should've done something or could've improved somewhere.

Last edited:

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
If you're in solo queue then consider what you could have done better as an individual then just go in again.

Psycho_Wendigo

Resident World Devourer
NNID
PyschoWendigo
I either play Turf War, or look for Sunken Scrolls, I used to do Amiibo challenges, but then I ran out of them

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
There are two scenarios for me:

If I blunder hugely during a match I generally get mad at myself, but then I know why I lost and can try to improve and not make the same mistake(s) again.

If I play well or if I don't see a specific reason why I lost in my play (TEAAAAM!), I get over it very quickly and carry on to the next round.

Dropping in ranks is annoying, but nothing to get too upset about imo. Once you reached a rank once, you can reach it again.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
NNID
RespawningJesus
If I get mad, I stop playing Splatoon, and just play Devil May Cry. Something about slaying a whole bunch of demons in a stylish manner is very relaxing.

If I am not mad, I see at what point was the turning point in the match. More specifically, at which death caused us a loss? I hate to say it, but you cannot trust your teammates unless you know them personally. So you have to look at yourself and say, at which point did I throw the match?

Last edited:

Mayday

Row, Row, Fight the Power!
NNID
MaydayBelieves
Take a moment and think about what you could have done differently. Review and identify key moments in a match

Njok

Bouncer
I yell very hard at myself and my team. But my team can't hear me and i already knew what i was gonna yell before i did it, so i then realize how silly i am being and move on :D

When i lose a couple in a row i usually just change room and if that doesn't work i play Yoshi. It's REALLY hard to stay upset when you're playing that game lol.

Ikieri

Pro Squid
NNID
Mendozaz
I put the game down and go into a state of calm while saying this mantra...
IMAKIDNOWIMASQUIDNOWIMAKIDNOWIMASQUIDNOWIMAKIDNOWIMASQUIDNOWIMAKIDNOWIMASQUIDNOWIMAKIDNOWIMASQUIDNOW-

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I yell very hard at myself and my team.
This reminds me about that one quotaton which I read somewhere about 1 or 2 weeks after ranked came out:

At the moment my biggest challenge is to not break any screens while playing Splatoon...
:D

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Shrug and continue the next game while still doing my best.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
I stop, reflect on my battle and results, and consider what I could do better as well as search for a better team if I believe they aren't performing well enough today. If today just isn't my day I go to one of my other gamesthat I am currently playing through. I recently went on a decline in ranks but I got back there eventually.

ZainreFang

Pro Squid
NNID
ZainreFang
Just realize the reality that the way Splatoon is designed right now is that it's designed for fast paced chaotic fun rather than calculated coordinated teamwork, and that your Rank is really just a letter to indicate that you were lucky enough to get good teams and not drop from matches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom