• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How Do You Snipe Effectively on Flounder Heights?

NeoSeth

Senior Squid
The question's in the title. I recently picked up sniping again to diversify my skillset and I'm getting pretty decent. But I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to apply pressure on Flounder Heights. It feels like there's always something blocking my view, I'm too easily approachable, etc. I can play defense from spawn, I suppose, but unless the enemy has already pushed into our court I don't feel like I can do much for my team. I could really use some pointers. Thanks!

Peaches

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
huntingforfrogs
I've learned how to snipe on this map by copying one of my squadmates play style, he's an extremely good sniper and very aggressive, which you have to be if you snipe on this map. I personally like sitting on roof behind our zone, it can be very difficult to get access to the middle of the map if they have the advantage and if you want to get back in the game, it's best to go there and snipe imo. I don't recommend using E-Litres here, kelp/vanilla splatterscope is really good as it can be played so aggressively. E-Litres may be able to sit on the AC and snipe at the zones without too much fear, but because of the horrid angles it makes it extremely difficult to get people sometimes unless you have amazing aim(the nerf didn't help) so I don't think sniping there is great unless you're adamant on E-Litre-ing. I also like sitting on our side of the grate in the middle or on that box in zone, but you just have to be super cautious of flanks since it's basically every single tentatek's favourite thing to do here. I also like sitting on the massive wall on the right of roof, it can be difficult for people to get you here sometimes. If you're going to snipe in these places though - remember you can always run. It's essential to keep whatever distance you can between you and your enemies since there's so little room!

Saber

NNID
Saber
Switch Friend Code
SW-0369-4203-0233

So personally these are a few area's I noticed are good for sniping, first off the grate where the heavy splating is a great place since you can prevent enemies trying to flank from below and with certain chargers even block most of the main climbing routes and take out charger from the cover of the corner wall, just be careful not to get pinned in that corner
The area where the carbon roller is great mainly in rainmaker and tower control, since you can hold your charge and suprise people coming around corners, plus it gives you multiple escape options to choose from.

Lastly is a place I personally feel is the best in the background are the ledges that you can climb up on your side by inking the wall, however the corner of this ledge (where the shooter is in the background) can be inked as well giving you the perfect little chargers nest to snipe opponents. This is also good because it spaces out most chargers and the area is very open so you can take out most enemies who attack you from in front plus you have a wide range of escape options, jumping to the lower ledge, the grate in the corner, or just jumping back into the center making this one of my favorite spots .
*(however because this is still a very open spot if you are not cautious you will be vulnerable to attacks from any side.

Ott

Inkster Jr.
From my little experience with sniping, a good rule of thumb for this map is to always stay about 3/4 of your full range away from the action. Find a place that's been fairly abandoned/neglected, and use it. Try for a place high up. Move with the action. If the tables turn, retreat. it's better than getting splatted; you can't help your team while trying to respawn.

nicky

Inkling
NNID
gardner.nt
It's absolutely critical to move up to zone if your team has strong map control, or once you've pushed rainmaker / tower to around 50. The roof as a few ledges that you can peak over, but if you stand on top then you're bait for the enemy charger. If you've been pushed back, I'd recommend setting up by mattress to try to pick off enemy charger or anyone pushing too aggressively. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom