• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How do you use the Rapid Blaster Pro?

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
So, is there any use for this weapon at all? I find it useless because it can't one-hit-kill, its shots take FOREVER to explode, and its blast size is pathetic. The range is really weird and it hardly ever hits. I don't want to hate this weapon this much, so does anyone have any good strategies for it?

BTW I think that the Rapid Blaster non-Pro is better, because it's faster and its shots burst quicker, but still not very good. Anything you post can apply to that too

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
The rapid pro's play alot like the rapids, just with longer range that leaves you less vulnerable to range blasters.

The rapid blasters work very nicely as a defensive, suppression weapon.
Hitting directs on a moving target is very tricky, requiring good tracking shots and a familiar feel for the bullet speed of the rapid.
Indirects are perfect for flushing out squids attempting to recover ink, or a nice consolation prize for missed shots.

Try to keep your opponents at max range at all times, and practice hitting close range directs for when you get rushed after managing to get one indirect at max.

(provided you outrange your opponent) Shoot first, ask questions while shooting.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
The rapid pro's play alot like the rapids, just with longer range that leaves you less vulnerable to range blasters.

The rapid blasters work very nicely as a defensive, suppression weapon.
Hitting directs on a moving target is very tricky, requiring good tracking shots and a familiar feel for the bullet speed of the rapid.
Indirects are perfect for flushing out squids attempting to recover ink, or a nice consolation prize for missed shots.

Try to keep your opponents at max range at all times, and practice hitting close range directs for when you get rushed after managing to get one indirect at max.

(provided you outrange your opponent) Shoot first, ask questions while shooting.
But long range means it takes a while for the shot to burst, and when it's a 2-hit kill anyway with a very slow fire rate for a 2-hit kill weapon (even though it has fast fire rate for a blaster), it means it's really hard to fight with. Max range is weird because it's such a slow kill with such a pathetic burst, and I don't really see much value in this. Also, Bamboozler and .96 gal are other weapons I think have almost no value, is there anything good in those?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Don't knock it until you've walked it around the block with it, learning how to play a weapon takes time and practice.

The .96 is a .52 with more range. So you get the 2hko fun, but now on a stick!

Bamboozler is garbage... until you hit a certain level of hit consistency. With enough aim, it becomes a top notch squid hunter.
Its the power of a .96 2hko, but without the rng of a shooter and with even more range! Half (occasionally full) charges for killin, and full charges for inking.

All three of these weapons are great pairs with damage up gear ;p

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
Don't knock it until you've walked it around the block with it, learning how to play a weapon takes time and practice.

The .96 is a .52 with more range. So you get the 2hko fun, but now on a stick!

Bamboozler is garbage... until you hit a certain level of hit consistency. With enough aim, it becomes a top notch squid hunter.
Its the power of a .96 2hko, but without the rng of a shooter and with even more range! Half (occasionally full) charges for killin, and full charges for inking.

All three of these weapons are great pairs with damage up gear ;p
I mean, I main the .52 gal, but the .96 has a much slower kill, TERRIBLE ink use, and bad accuracy. The bad accuracy in combination with the slow fire rate is a BAD matchup. It plays nothing like the 52 gal because it kills so much slower than it. And yes, I HAVE played the 96 gal before. And I will never use the Bamboozler because probably my weakest point in splatoon is aim, so having something where every shot counts MASSIVELY is not good for me. Also, hold on, the Pro has a Splash Wall?? That changed my perspective on it a lot.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Well, we've reached an impasse on the .52 .96, I feel. As i've played both, and they feel very similar, particularly in accuracy, and aside from range.

All I can say is try it again sometime. Or you can play dual squelcher/splattershot pro for a similar flavor in terms of main weapon.

. . . or join the BRUSH BROTHERHOOD!
Or the dynamo brotherhood, or the hydra brotherhood. =P

And I can't believe I forgot, but rapid blaster deco was my go-to for tower control before I went on my weapon pilgrimage.
The whole kit is amazing for zoning, which is quite potent when you know exactly where the opponents want to be. You just have to keep them in your sweet spot, kinda like marth in smash bros.

GearWax

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
KoopaTroopaBloop
Well, we've reached an impasse on the .52 .96, I feel. As i've played both, and they feel very similar, particularly in accuracy, and aside from range.

All I can say is try it again sometime. Or you can play dual squelcher/splattershot pro for a similar flavor in terms of main weapon.

. . . or join the BRUSH BROTHERHOOD!
Or the dynamo brotherhood, or the hydra brotherhood. =P

And I can't believe I forgot, but rapid blaster deco was my go-to for tower control before I went on my weapon pilgrimage.
The whole kit is amazing for zoning, which is quite potent when you know exactly where the opponents want to be. You just have to keep them in your sweet spot, kinda like marth in smash bros.
I play the Berry Pro a lot, and I used to play the Dual Squelcher, but I stopped because of the slow kill.
Both gals have pretty bad accuracy, but I feel that it's much more of a problem on the 96 due to the slower fire rate.
The rapid blaster is OK, it's just the Rapid Blaster PRO that I dislike. I think it would only be playable with a Splash Wall.
Brush, dynamo and hydra are weapons that I suck with.
Dynamo is WAY too sluggish for me to find any use, Hydra is the same, and I'm just not good enough at mashing to play a brush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom