How do you want the competitive community to form?

How do you want the competitive community to form?

• Total voters

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
How do you wish for the community to be formed? By Nintendo, or the community itself? I personally want to see the community form it itself.

Kowai Yume

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Kowai_Yume
Community driven. only because smash and tf2 were mostly done this way and that's what I'm use to.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
Community driven. only because smash and tf2 were mostly done this way and that's what I'm use to.
Yeah, and I'm just afraid Nintendo will put something out that the community finds unfavourable. I think sticking with the community is the way to go.

[EJ]_Locke

Inkling Commander
NNID
EJ_Locke
I want everyone to use gamecube controllers and play melee instead of tr4sh. Oops, wrong thread. Seriously though, I want to see a weapons tier list pop up, with a council of people who know what they are talking about making the decisions.

Citrus

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Sylvalum
I want everyone to use gamecube controllers and play melee instead of tr4sh. Oops, wrong thread. Seriously though, I want to see a weapons tier list pop up, with a council of people who know what they are talking about making the decisions.
Imperious is going to make one, so you can look forward to that.

Yogororo

Inkling
NNID
Yogororo
I honestly think there is no way Nintendo will try to set up a competitive community themselves. I do hope that Imperious or whoever else is working on a backroom for competitive leaves room for other formats later on.

EEvisu

Inkling
NNID
EEvisu
By the community for sure, just like many gaming communities we can thrive and build our own dynasties HOWEVER this doesn't mean that support from Nintendo isn't welcomed, I just don't wanna see this become a spectacle just to make cash off our community.

Cobbs

Senior Squid
NNID
CCobbs
Hopefully without sustaining groupthink, which is a hole many budding communities fall into. I see it happening here in some ways but we'll see if we get out of the hole or not.

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Hopefully without sustaining groupthink, which is a hole many budding communities fall into. I see it happening here in some ways but we'll see if we get out of the hole or not.
You're on here Cobbs? Sweet! Good to see you sir!

The community needs to form naturally, but there needs to be some form of guiding along the way, possibly from Nintendo. Good things can come out of Nintendo steering partly.
Both of these can and possibly should be used. The problem is that people assume there are only these two options. There is a specific term for that but I cannot think of it as of now.

River09

Inkling Cadet
NNID
King_Felix
Nintendo should not shape this community. They just don't have a very good grasp of competitive gaming yet. I hope they will help us get the community thriving but leave the big calls to us I say.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
What do you mean by Nintendo shaping the community?

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
I don't see how Nintendo running their own tournaments would shape the community. The community would still run its own events and unless Nintendo did something like VGC like Pokemon has, a majority of Splatoon tournaments would be community-led.

DeltaFixer

Full Squid
NNID
RCDelta
It should be up to us to form the competitive community, but for it to really thrive, at some point Nintendo should step in and help promote it. Whether it be through them hosting a tournament or something else, I don't know, but it would help immensely to get that sort of attention from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom