How does Nintendo see(report) Youtube videos that are not public?

J

Jimmys1000

I uploaded Splatoon 2 gameplay footage on Youtube yesterday so that I could submit the video on Dude's discord. However, I soon got a copyright claim email from Youtube stating that Nintendo is trying to claim my video. How does Nintendo find my video even though I uploaded it as private? I don't even have adsense enabled...

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Bots, they automatically detect if videos have things which match up with their copyright samples. Gameplay, music, etc.

Doesn't have to be public. No given person is checking them, its the YouTube system itself.

Nintendo is kind of infamous for how much they copyright all their content on YouTube.

J

Jimmys1000

Bots, they automatically detect if videos have things which match up with their copyright samples. Gameplay, music, etc.

Doesn't have to be public. No given person is checking them, its the YouTube system itself.

Nintendo is kind of infamous for how much they copyright all their content on YouTube.
Thnaks for the info! Didn’t know they even had bots. I disabled adsense, and they still try to make money out of it? Can’t understand why...

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

You shouldn't get a strike or anything, the email is just saying that whatever content you do have, is copyrighted.

If you aren't monetizing it, it shouldn't make a difference.

J

Jimmys1000

I wouldn't put too much thought into it.

You shouldn't get a strike or anything, the email is just saying that whatever content you do have, is copyrighted.

If you aren't monetizing it, it shouldn't make a difference.
But if Nintendo claims my videos, don’t they also get the right to add ads to a ad-free video? That’s what I am really worried about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom