• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How far did you get in Ranked Play?

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
So I played for about 3 hours last night, and I got to C+! Pretty happy with that. Problem was that I couldn't find people to play with after that so I had to stop. :(

How far did y'all get?

karamazovapy

Inkster Jr.
I got to around 50/60 C+, but then it got really tough...only +12 for wins and -10 for losses...and it seemed like I kept getting teamed up with people who were focused more on fighting than reclaiming the zone.

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
C- to B 40% at the moment, probably gonna hit -A soon if any good luck.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
C. Almost got to C+ but then a losing streak ruined my fun.

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt
I got to around 50/60 C+, but then it got really tough...only +12 for wins and -10 for losses...and it seemed like I kept getting teamed up with people who were focused more on fighting than reclaiming the zone.
Yeah it slows down after C+, but average lobby skill should even out with time once people settle on their actual ranks.

Howl

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
SilverHowl
So far I've gotten to the B rank. I think that's pretty decent!

swifT

Octarian Legion Founder | Luna is my Daughter
NNID
swiftea
Currently standing at C+ I plan to at least hit B+ or A and then folding as I can barely stand playing this gamemode with no true party system.

AstralSpirit

Full Squid
NNID
AstralSpirit26
Just hit B-, and still working on getting up there. Clearly I haven't done as much as some others haha wow there's some high ranks already!

D3RK

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-6389-5985-3965 Username:「Derk」

Ranked is really irritating. I had to carry most of my teams because they didn't understand the mode or win conditions. I don't see myself playing ranked much now that I got this out of the way, it's far too punishing on losses and that kills the game type for me when I have to constantly carry my team and worry about de-ranking. Maybe in August or when new modes come out.

Last edited:

Narati

Inkling
NNID
Narati_Aeros
I've been taking it pretty slow, I haven't lost yet, but I'm only Rank C at 60 points right now. I figure I'll just continue to take my time and give people a chance to figure out what they need to be doing.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
C, then I played a few matches and really couldn't tolerate my teammates anymore.

PerfektNerD

The Villain You Need
NNID
Perfekt

Ranked is really irritating. I had to carry most of my teams because they didn't understand the mode or win conditions. I don't see myself playing ranked much now that I got this out of the way, it's far too punishing on losses and that kills the game type for me when I have to constantly carry my team and worry about de-ranking. Maybe in August or when new modes come out.
Nice!! Congrats!

I'm not sure if we can even do proper competition before then anyway...

Side note, you've inked 300K?? How much have you played? Do you eat or sleep??

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Almost to C+, then after the winning streak, I got a losing streak, I have no idea how I kept winning and then all of a sudden I lose so much.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Currently in rank B- ; Actually got to B earlier but one pretty sassy roller killed my hope to keep my rank :L

Kayeka

Pro Squid
NNID
Kayeka
Made it to rank B- in three, four hours of playtime. I feel pretty confident I could've made it further, but I got work early in the morning and called it quits for today.

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
Made it to rank B- in three, four hours of playtime. I feel pretty confident I could've made it further, but I got work early in the morning and called it quits for today.
Exactly the same here. Currently counting down the hours until I get home.

I can never tell if I'm actually doing well in this game or if I'm just getting lucky with teams but I was on a win streak for the last hour of play after hovering up and down C for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom