How good is the Inkzooka now?

ultra777

Full Squid
NNID
crazydragon1000
In 2.2.0, the Inkzooka has been nerfed. The firerate is now slower. How much do you think this affects the Inkzooka? Personally I think it hurt it a bit but it's still good. Sometimes when you're outranged by a another weapon you would last second Inkzooka and get the kill. Now with the slower firerate you would actually die and not even get the kill since it takes a while for the first shot to come out. Today I was Playing Rainmaker and I had an easy shot with the Inkzooka at the inkling carrying the Rainmaker. He was charging and if it was pre 2.2.0 I would've survived but it wasn't. The shot took a while to come out and I get splatted by the rainmaker since my shot came out too slow. At least I still got the splat on the Rainmaker. I think the update also made the Inkzooka less of a suprise since you actually have enough time to react to someone using it. So what are your opinions on the nerf?

KeebyKakes

Senior Squid
I still think it is still one of the best specials but you can no longer just aim at someone in the distance and splat them, instead you may have to plan out your attack and possibly start it under cover. The nerf means you are no longer getting insta-splatted by Inkzookas the second it's activated, but it is still easy to surprise someone. With the nerf, the second you would have hit someone with the pre-2.2.0 Inkzooka is when the nerfed Inkzooka shot comes out (a noticeable but not super significant difference).

mindscarp

Inkster Jr.
NNID
mindscarp
About “surprise” shots: another important 2.2.0 change is that the sound effect for activating an Inkzooka is much louder now, even if the opponent is far away. With headphones, the difference is quite noticeable.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Still just as good as before patch in my opinion, it just takes longer for you to pull it out before you can start firing so you can't just pull it out in someones face and gib them instantly. The actual firing rate of the inkzooka (after you pull it out) is still the same as before.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Still just as good as before patch in my opinion, it just takes longer for you to pull it out before you can start firing so you can't just pull it out in someones face and gib them instantly. The actual firing rate of the inkzooka (after you pull it out) is still the same as before.
And it can still splat you even if the model didn't really touch you (even behind walls)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom