• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How have the new weapon types changed your/the game

Darcain

Inkling
Diversity in everything but specials, of course. seriously though, everyone be ink striking so much that sometimes two people on opossite teams ink strike at the same time at the same spot
While I do love inkstrike myself I do kinda agree with this, not everything needs to have ink strike slapped onto it, though that doesn't mean there shouldn't at least be a variant of the weapon with the inkstrike or some equalient of it in the loadout.

KafeiThePoet

Inkling
I feel the only thing that has changed is the heavy yelling out one-liners in my head whenever me, my teammates or the enemy has a heavy splatling, that and inkstrikes everywhere!

skyphoi

Inkster Jr.
NNID
melancholywish
I've definitely heard the arguement about using it to kill snipers, but my problem with it: Against a sniper that's paying attention (of course, many players arent, which at least makes it hilarious), it wont kill them. Absolutely wont. It'll merely DISPLACE them. And not by very much; you dont have to move that far to avoid the inkstrike. Why will it only displace instead of kill? As I"d said in the Dead Sea thread, it's the slowest and easiest to dodge attack in the game, and the game basically screams at you about it's exact location and timing WAY before it hits. It doesnt hit a player that's actually paying attention. It simply doesnt.
Very true. I think this may also have to do with splat chargers not being relatively slow weapons, so it's faster/easier to move away when using a splat charger than with (for example) a roller happening to be lifting, or a gatling gun happening to be revving up. But I personally find the inkstrike most useful near the end of a match when the ink cannot be cleaned in time (I have literally seen close matches won this way), or when a lot of players are gathered in the same area (I'm guessing they have nowhere to go or bump into each other/slow each other down.)

Glen W

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DeadbirdBlack
After playing abit more i am seeing more skilled splatlings around and as i saw mentioned earlier they are very good at holding down areas similar to a good sniper player too, i wonder if its ex snipers picking up the splatling gun as i am seeing less snipers now and i think they would be the best counter to the splatling.

The bucket on the other hand i have started using myself, it is alot easier to pick up and play the alot of other weapons i find and its very useful when up high an attacking from behind walls!

I haven't looked at any leaks or anything so please don't spoil anything but i'm pretty hopeful we will see a few valuations on these weapons and not just ones with different subs, im looking forward to them...... Super slossher anyone?

BluEyes

Senior Squid
It has not changed much because I still main the same weapons. I have the ink wall to survive the splatling burst fire and the slosher is like any other roller. I am more weary of tentateks and dynamos.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
Well, I have officially found my main weapon, and that is the Splatling. The one thing that annoys me is the fact that there are so many Inkstrikes nowadays. They really need to think before they add two new weapons with the same special on it.

Glen W

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DeadbirdBlack
Its a shame we dont have a giant umbrella as a sub to negate/protect us from all the ink strikes lol

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I've generally found more diversity in matches and I use the bucket a lot now.

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Its a shame we dont have a giant umbrella as a sub to negate/protect us from all the ink strikes lol
Swim Speed Up maybe? *insert Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden*

Glen W

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DeadbirdBlack
Swim Speed Up maybe? *insert Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden*
I normally run swim speed up anyway so i can swim away from krakens, i like to make them chase me so i can lead them into traps or situations were i will have an advantage

Ars Nova

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
creed32
Switch Friend Code
SW-5634-9921-9888
Well, I have officially found my main weapon, and that is the Splatling. The one thing that annoys me is the fact that there are so many Inkstrikes nowadays. They really need to think before they add two new weapons with the same special on it.
Well I am sure that once the Deco versions of the Heavy Splatling and Slosher come out that will change. We will be going from Inkstrikes to nothing but Krakens running around.

Misery

Pro Squid
NNID
Xijara
Inkstrikes seemed super common to begin with, too. Now it's just even worse.

Heck, half of the time I dont really know what to do in the event of a bomb rush, because I hardly ever see it. It's not an inkstrike or a Kraken, so.... yeah.

I mostly just wish they had more specials overall to choose from. Seems to me that there arent enough. And then two of them get REALLY overused, which makes it worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom