How I Achieved S+........

Jrocketdoc

Inkling
NNID
Jrocketdoc
image.jpeg
I achieved S+ mainly using the Octoshot/Tentatek and the .96 gal deco. Those 2 weapons are amazing for ranked modes since they allow you to take on almost any role in order to fill the gap in your team if there is one. A certain problem I see people have is they either get good Kd's and still lose or their team just wasn't on par with what they expected/wanted. How I dealt with both of those problems is I stopped relying on my team and started helping my team. If no one is pushing the tower, grabbing the Rainmaker, or capturing the zone, it's your job to do it and if your teammates help you thats very good but if not you can't blame them if you yourself didn't even focus on the objective either. This game is about objectives, getting splats comes with protecting or doing the objective. Don't get me wrong, if your play-style is mainly getting splats by all means do you, heck thats my play-style! But if your team is struggling to push the objective you have to help them as best you can. The only problem that is the hardest to fix though is a disconnect, we've all had this problem. All I can suggest is just either get a Lan adapter or get a new internet provider because Nintendo just feels the need to have cheap servers for us to play on. So, thats how I achieved my S+ rank I hope I inspired some of you to take on the challenge as well.

Jrocketdoc

Inkling
NNID
Jrocketdoc
The abilities on my white line tee are 2 running speed subs and 1 swim speed sub. Do you have rolls similar?

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Congrats! I'm currently working on making my way to S+, closest I've gotten so far was 85, but then I had several losses after that. One thing I prefer to do is only stay in lobbies with S/S+ ranks since if I get in a lobby with A ranks, it never is really worth it. If I lose I can lose 7 points, but only get 2 for winning and I feel like I can rely on S ranked teammates more.
I mainly use chargers and I'm not actually very good with many other weapons. I do feel like I need to rely on my teammates more since I usually run into trouble if I'm flanked. But so far I think I'm winning a majority of my games with S ranks so I'm certain I will be able to make it to S+ soon.

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
One thing I prefer to do is only stay in lobbies with S/S+ ranks since if I get in a lobby with A ranks, it never is really worth it. If I lose I can lose 7 points, but only get 2 for winning and I feel like I can rely on S ranked teammates more.
Although not related to the OP post, that's one of many point award/loss issues that is frustrating in the game. I'd play in S and A mixed lobbies more often if I wouldn't lose 7 or only gain 2 points. It's totally not worth it and I leave the lobby pretty much immediately.

Thanks for the good advice Jrocketdoc :)

Jrocketdoc

Inkling
NNID
Jrocketdoc
Congrats! I'm currently working on making my way to S+, closest I've gotten so far was 85, but then I had several losses after that. One thing I prefer to do is only stay in lobbies with S/S+ ranks since if I get in a lobby with A ranks, it never is really worth it. If I lose I can lose 7 points, but only get 2 for winning and I feel like I can rely on S ranked teammates more.
I mainly use chargers and I'm not actually very good with many other weapons. I do feel like I need to rely on my teammates more since I usually run into trouble if I'm flanked. But so far I think I'm winning a majority of my games with S ranks so I'm certain I will be able to make it to S+ soon.
With a charger, I believe you do need to rely on your team a lot more since you're a prime target and will get flanked and targeted quite a bit. When you're in an A rank lobby and only gain 2 points then just see it as 1 step closer to your ultimate goal, but if you lose and lose 7 points then leave the lobby and go with a new team, don't dwell on it too much since even though you have to win 2 matches to get those points back once you do get those wins you'll be back where you started. Just focus on getting consecutive wins and keep doing your best for your team and I know you'll get to S+ in no time! Another tip is to not stay in the same lobby more then 2 matches no matter what rank they are because you have to think about if you get someone on your team that you just beat, if you really want that person to be on your team or not.

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid
I've been yo-yoing between S & A+ for quite some time now, but have yet to ever reach S+. I'm beginning to doubt I ever will, it's such a grind to advance at that point and too many factors, some of which are just based in luck of the draw, seem to be involved. I'm sure there are things I could be doing differently, but I'm really getting the impression that my weapon choices are widely unused in the upper S/S+ tier.

It doesn't surprise me to hear you've had great success with the Tentatek & 96 Gal, they're both extremely powerful, adaptable weapons that seem very common in top tier. My 3 mains are in the roller, brush and slosher classes respectively, which I see less and less of the higher I rank. While I of course have made mistakes and sometimes slip up, I consider myself a very skilled player. At this point though, I'm unsure if my mains just underperform in general in S+, with the abundance of shooters and blasters. Still contemplating if I should cave and try working on a different set, or if I just need to change up my strategy. I appreciated the advice you gave, that as much as it's tempting to, you can't really rely on/blame your team for every scenario. Most of my particular weapons cater to more specific roles though, which is a large part of why I wonder if I need more adaptability if I want to make it to S+.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
With a charger, I believe you do need to rely on your team a lot more since you're a prime target and will get flanked and targeted quite a bit. When you're in an A rank lobby and only gain 2 points then just see it as 1 step closer to your ultimate goal, but if you lose and lose 7 points then leave the lobby and go with a new team, don't dwell on it too much since even though you have to win 2 matches to get those points back once you do get those wins you'll be back where you started. Just focus on getting consecutive wins and keep doing your best for your team and I know you'll get to S+ in no time! Another tip is to not stay in the same lobby more then 2 matches no matter what rank they are because you have to think about if you get someone on your team that you just beat, if you really want that person to be on your team or not.
I usually do leave right away in all lobbies, but decided to test what happens if I stayed in one. I would sometimes get some wins, but it hasn't always worked out for me so I'll probably just stay in 2 matches at most.

I've been yo-yoing between S & A+ for quite some time now, but have yet to ever reach S+. I'm beginning to doubt I ever will, it's such a grind to advance at that point and too many factors, some of which are just based in luck of the draw, seem to be involved. I'm sure there are things I could be doing differently, but I'm really getting the impression that my weapon choices are widely unused in the upper S/S+ tier.

It doesn't surprise me to hear you've had great success with the Tentatek & 96 Gal, they're both extremely powerful, adaptable weapons that seem very common in top tier. My 3 mains are in the roller, brush and slosher classes respectively, which I see less and less of the higher I rank. While I of course have made mistakes and sometimes slip up, I consider myself a very skilled player. At this point though, I'm unsure if my mains just underperform in general in S+, with the abundance of shooters and blasters. Still contemplating if I should cave and try working on a different set, or if I just need to change up my strategy. I appreciated the advice you gave, that as much as it's tempting to, you can't really rely on/blame your team for every scenario. Most of my particular weapons cater to more specific roles though, which is a large part of why I wonder if I need more adaptability if I want to make it to S+.
When I first reached S, I generally stayed around 30 points or would rank down sometimes. I figured I may never reach S+, but I've been doing better recently and haven't fallen out of S for awhile and I've gotten fairly close to ranking up at times.
Now that I think about it, I don't think I have seen many sloshers or brushes in S rank, but there have been some rollers. Mainly dynamos, but I've also randomly run into a whole team of krak-on rollers. (Not as a squad)
I know that rollers can be pretty deadly and sloshers usually can take me out when I'm flanked since they cover a lot of the ground around me and I won't have a shooter to effectively make my way out safely. I sometimes use brushes too, I think that the regular Octobrush may be best with placing beakons on the map for teammates and a kraken for when you run into trouble.

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
When I first reached S, I generally stayed around 30 points or would rank down sometimes. I figured I may never reach S+, but I've been doing better recently and haven't fallen out of S for awhile and I've gotten fairly close to ranking up at times.
Now that I think about it, I don't think I have seen many sloshers or brushes in S rank, but there have been some rollers. Mainly dynamos, but I've also randomly run into a whole team of krak-on rollers. (Not as a squad)
I know that rollers can be pretty deadly and sloshers usually can take me out when I'm flanked since they cover a lot of the ground around me and I won't have a shooter to effectively make my way out safely. I sometimes use brushes too, I think that the regular Octobrush may be best with placing beakons on the map for teammates and a kraken for when you run into trouble.
You will eventually get to S+. Never say you wont. First time I got to S+ I was pretty relieved. Yeah it's alot of grinding playing for hours getting nowhere, it's still possible. Just take it as a sign that could be a few things which you could improve on.

What chargers do you use btw?

Jrocketdoc

Inkling
NNID
Jrocketdoc

In all honestly, the weapon doesn't really matter too often. Every weapon has a strength and weakness and if you can find both of those in whatever weapon you use you'll excel pretty far. The Slosher for example, its a 2 shot weapon that covers a lot of ground, yet its very slow and takes up a lot of ink similar to the .96. I see a Sloshers job as more of an objective then aggressive one since you're not going to have an extremely easy time getting splats, if you play your role you should be fine, same with the Inkbrush yet I'd suggest using the Octobrush in ranked since its stronger and has more range, ink saver main and ink recovery are key when using the Octo I've found. About the points, well how I did it is I didn't look at how many points I needed to get to S+, instead I told myself I'd get 2 wins in a row after which I would catch my breath and get another 2. Put a goal on yourself instead of looking at the overall goal that way you'll feel awesome when you complete each individual goal which will give you confidence to keep going, then next thing you know you're at S+. If you lose more then 3 times, I'd take a short break, maybe look at some high ranked play videos to boost your confidence then go back in and kick butt. I hope I helped you at least a little bit, just keep trying and don't give up. Winning is all about your mindset, if you don't have a good mindset, again take a breather and start again later.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
You will eventually get to S+. Never say you wont. First time I got to S+ I was pretty relieved. Yeah it's alot of grinding playing for hours getting nowhere, it's still possible. Just take it as a sign that could be a few things which you could improve on.

What chargers do you use btw?
I'm getting close now (don't want to say how close 'cause I feel like I will jinx it haha)

Currently I am mainly using the custom 3K scope and kelp Splatterscope. I also use the regular 3K scope, but I haven't been using it as much recently.

HypernovaSoul

Semi-Pro Squid
Yeah, I've gotten actually very close before but then losing streaks just devastate me. For one I really need to force myself not to play when it's a terrible mode/stage combo lol. Sloshers and especially brushes I feel like are generally looked down upon in higher tiers, and to some extent I can understand why. But it's frustrating because there are so many scenarios where I completely dominate with my Octobrush Nouveau or Tri-Slosher, and feel like they can succeed in really any mode, though sometimes they require more support.

Gold Dynamo is the roller I run, and it's probably the weapon I use most. It fares better in Ranked probably more reliably than my other 2 mains, although unlike those it handles close encounters terribly, which are more frequent in certain mode/stage combos. My roles most often center around stealth & flanks (I run Ninja Squid), although it's of course just a different ballgame with the Dynamo. Dynamos can get loads of kills, but they're ultimately support weapons and can't take on the responsibility of rushdowns or flanks in many situations...they are just way too freaking slow. So when my teammates refuse to take that role when it's needed, we all usually suffer. That being said, I'll take responsibility and say I just need to keep learning how to react in less favorable situations and know when it's best to just not use the Dynamo.

In all honestly, the weapon doesn't really matter too often. Every weapon has a strength and weakness and if you can find both of those in whatever weapon you use you'll excel pretty far. The Slosher for example, its a 2 shot weapon that covers a lot of ground, yet its very slow and takes up a lot of ink similar to the .96. I see a Sloshers job as more of an objective then aggressive one since you're not going to have an extremely easy time getting splats, if you play your role you should be fine, same with the Inkbrush yet I'd suggest using the Octobrush in ranked since its stronger and has more range, ink saver main and ink recovery are key when using the Octo I've found. About the points, well how I did it is I didn't look at how many points I needed to get to S+, instead I told myself I'd get 2 wins in a row after which I would catch my breath and get another 2. Put a goal on yourself instead of looking at the overall goal that way you'll feel awesome when you complete each individual goal which will give you confidence to keep going, then next thing you know you're at S+. If you lose more then 3 times, I'd take a short break, maybe look at some high ranked play videos to boost your confidence then go back in and kick butt. I hope I helped you at least a little bit, just keep trying and don't give up. Winning is all about your mindset, if you don't have a good mindset, again take a breather and start again later.
Yeah, you're probably right. It's just frustrating because I feel like Dynamos and brushes have SO many rough matchups in higher tiers. My Luna Blaster and E-Liter rage gets way too real way too often lol. The Octobrush Nouveau is the brush I use, and I've actually gotten quite confident with it, it's such a reliable close combat weapon with the most versatility of any brush imo. Frankly my gravest mistake nowadays is that I don't know when to just stop playing and take a break lol, especially when I've got a losing streak going. I have too much of a mindset of "I gotta win these points back now," which probably constantly works against me.

The Tri-Slosher I use more selectively, since I have completely dominated with it in Tower Control but its range is kind of a huge setback in SZ and occasionally RM. I also use Ink Saver main...I honestly have to with the Dynamo & Octobrush, lol. It's a switch I made recently, and it's really worked wonders. I agree with what you said, I suppose it'll be a matter of staying grounded in my mindset and just knowing when it's not a good time to play.

Redx115

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Redzone115
Nice. I was S 95 once (my highest) but then I tumbled all the way down to A+. Back to S 48 for now but S+ is impressive.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Shouldn't have tried Rainmaker despite some fairly good squad matches. It is my worst mode and I think I lost 5 or 6 games while winning only 2. Currently at S 70.

Nero86

Inkling Cadet
NNID
nero86
Congrats, that's a fantastic achievement for this game.

How do you normally deal with Octobrushes and Gold Dynamos on Tower Control? Do you have any tip for me? :)

I'm keeping an eye for maps x modes that I mostly lose to give preference to the ones I mostly win (let's say above 40% winrate at least). I'm using Squidmemo, a japanese iOS/android app to keep my records.

Jrocketdoc

Inkling
NNID
Jrocketdoc
Shouldn't have tried Rainmaker despite some fairly good squad matches. It is my worst mode and I think I lost 5 or 6 games while winning only 2. Currently at S 70.
Ok, take a break then. S+ isn't going away any time soon. Just take your time and get wins at a pace that suits you. Set a small goal for yourself and complete that goal instead of looking for the S+ straight up.

Jrocketdoc

Inkling
NNID
Jrocketdoc
Congrats, that's a fantastic achievement for this game.

How do you normally deal with Octobrushes and Gold Dynamos on Tower Control? Do you have any tip for me? :)

I'm keeping an eye for maps x modes that I mostly lose to give preference to the ones I mostly win (let's say above 40% winrate at least). I'm using Squidmemo, a japanese iOS/android app to keep my records.
A good rotation is definitely key, whatever your best mode is I'd try to get as many consecutive wins as possible during that rotation. How to deal with Dynamo's is you stay out of their way and wait for an opportunity to take them out which is normally after they swing since it takes almost a full second for them to swing a second time which leaves them very vulnerable. Staying behind a wall/obstacle while shooting them also helps quite a bit. Octobrush's? Well all I can say is just use a higher sensitivity since most brushes will either be behind you or above you which makes them very annoying to deal with, I'm still learning how to deal with them but I find using their own trick against them works the best so try to stay aware and get behind him, never let them have the first hit. -2 works for me with any weapon I use so if you need to start somewhere I'd suggest to start there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom