How is it possible to run Splatoon events with the NNID issue?

unlimitedbaconn

Inkling
NNID
UnlimitedBaconn
Since you can't connect an existing NNID to a different Wii U, how can people possibly play a legit IRL Splatoon tourney that's not online from home? And does anybody know anything about that $1,000,000 Splatoon circuit, like how will the loadouts work since people are gonna want to use their own stuff, but can't log in? I really want to host a 2v2 Turf War local tourney but that seems impossible at the moment unless people bring their own Wii U's with their accounts (which would take way too long and nobody would do that anyway), or we create a new account on the Wii U's so everybody starts from default so its fair...but it would only have Splattershot Jr. and nobody would get to use the things they want. So none of those sound like a good idea. So what would be the best way to do this? If there even is any good ways...?
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: NINTENDO GET YOUR **** TOGETHER!!!!
lansplatoon.png

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Bringing your own Wii U takes about 2 minutes to set up. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Also, what's the $1,000,000 Splatoon Circuit?

unlimitedbaconn

Inkling
NNID
UnlimitedBaconn
Bringing your own Wii U takes about 2 minutes to set up. I don't think it's that big of a deal. Also, what's the $1,000,000 Splatoon Circuit?
The big tournament just announced in Japan for $1,000,000, its on the front page. And as a tournament organizer, swapping out Wii U's would take a lot longer than 2 minutes, because you have to start the game and set up a lobby + we only have a few stations so it would run insanely slow. And I host multi event tournies so it just wouldn't work.

mugwhump

Inkling
I don't think people bringing their Wii Us would be terribly prohibitive, I bring mine around all the time. It's quite portable.

But you might have a point with the time issue and switching setups. If people are connecting to your router they'll need to go into settings and choose that connection, right? On top of everything else.

Aweshucks

Kinda a loser
Event Organizer
NNID
Aweshucks
Oh hey, my thing!

yeah, it is a hassle, but it's possible. But I don't think everyone bringing their Wii U is the way to go. That's just asking for issues.

Most likely, people will just use the in-house consoles, and have to make do with the equipment on there. TOs may restrict clothing so that you can only use one-star clothing or something.

The biggest hurdle for local splatoon tournaments is not the "NNID issue", but that there are no TOs taking the initiative to try and set one up (to my knowledge) and not enough players in one area for a decent-sized tournament.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
just having in house ones with as much 'stuff' I guess as possible. Of course with gear skills differing so much, unless there turns out to be a way to hack in a full profile somehow, there's no real way to get uniformity.

unlimitedbaconn

Inkling
NNID
UnlimitedBaconn
Oh hey, my thing!

yeah, it is a hassle, but it's possible. But I don't think everyone bringing their Wii U is the way to go. That's just asking for issues.

Most likely, people will just use the in-house consoles, and have to make do with the equipment on there. TOs may restrict clothing so that you can only use one-star clothing or something.

The biggest hurdle for local splatoon tournaments is not the "NNID issue", but that there are no TOs taking the initiative to try and set one up (to my knowledge) and not enough players in one area for a decent-sized tournament.
I actually thought about that last night about the gear restrictions. 1 star is probably the way to go since the 1 added ability does only about 8% more to my knowledge. not being a huge game changer. I'm thinking of maybe doing a 2v2 turf war tourney on blackbelly and port mackerel only. being the smallest stages. Ill see how it goes.

jason1637

Senior Squid
NNID
jason1637
Nintendo did this in the NWC when they let teams pick weapon loadouts and gear. So idk really if they did **** to unlock stuff or this type of thing is coming in an future update.

RahZ

Inkling
NNID
Rauhlz
This isn't that big of an issue you just need a lot of base setups so if you have TV/HDMI/Power adapter for a wii u at each station just need to swap out there wii u and bring their gamepad which isn't too difficult or they have some sort of tournament mode/version

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom