How Levels 20 - 50 Will Work

Njok

Bouncer
I prefer this way too. It doesn't force me to use an aerospray in turf war for quick grinding (although i still will because it's fun :P)

I do wonder if they will change the money rewards with it though. I hope so for the same reason.

TheSpeedyMouse

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheSpeedyMouse
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely HATE the Splatfest leveling up system because if you have a bad team, leveling up is EXTREMELY slow. I also just like how leveling up normally feels SO satisfying as instead of 5 points being added a ton of points are added. I wonder how leveling up will work in Ranked...

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I prefer this way too. It doesn't force me to use an aerospray in turf war for quick grinding (although i still will because it's fun :p)

I do wonder if they will change the money rewards with it though. I hope so for the same reason.
This! I mean I am no Sniper Player, but I always thought it sucked for them in Turf Wars, as they can only do so much in terms of turfing.

florence

Full Squid
ehhh i don't really like this....this system will penalize people more for losing (losing here means you only get 40% as much, as opposed to like 60%-70%), so whether or not you're paired with good people will have more of an effect

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I don't mind this, but it is a bit weird that they're keeping the current system for 1-20... I'm assuming in regular battles you'll still get money based on how well you do, it just doesn't go towards your level anymore. This should make it harder to level up, which I think is what the devs want.

mewtheed

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Mewtheed
I prefer this system. Since it isn't tied to points anymore, it became "weapon-independent", meaning that everyone will get roughly the same amount of points regardless of what weapon you use, which in turn will make teams more balanced weapon-wise. (no more all aerosprays teams)

It actually put emphasis on actually winning the game instead of just grinding for points, which -for reminder- doesn't guarantee a win.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
I prefer this system. Since it isn't tied to points anymore, it became "weapon-independent", meaning that everyone will get roughly the same amount of points regardless of what weapon you use, which in turn will make teams more balanced weapon-wise. (no more all aerosprays teams)

It actually put emphasis on actually winning the game instead of just grinding for points, which -for reminder- doesn't guarantee a win.
Yeah, and hopefully it'll reduce the number of people who don't take their turf seriously. Last thing I want is someone sitting around making salt out of the entire team.

That said, I'm also glad they still let us use our turf points for grinding gear and getting cash, especially with the new gear we've been promised.

Setu

Thank goodness. This will eliminate the point hoarders that use aero, jr, and brush and will make winning more of a priority than just covering turf.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Someone calculated that under the old system, it would take 2,600 turf war wins to go from level 20 to 50. It'll be interesting to see if that's still the case.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Someone calculated that under the old system, it would take 2,600 turf war wins to go from level 20 to 50. It'll be interesting to see if that's still the case.
I really hope not.

That figure is assuming you get 1,000+p per match (which can only happen if you win all those matches and/or rush forward and claim turf before the other team does). I'd have to look forward to tons more matches with my track record if that old system were still there.

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
I really hope not.

That figure is assuming you get 1,000+p per match (which can only happen if you win all those matches and/or rush forward and claim turf before the other team does). I'd have to look forward to tons more matches with my track record if that old system were still there.
Not to mention you have to play your but off on some maps like Moray Towers to get 1000+

Sethy

Inkling
NNID
TySeanCat
I don't mind the new system, the other one kind of disappointed me for the Knockouts or whatever and getting 0, zip nothing. At least if you put in some effort you'll still get something from what I understand

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
I don't mind the new system, the other one kind of disappointed me for the Knockouts or whatever and getting 0, zip nothing. At least if you put in some effort you'll still get something from what I understand
I don't think that's how it'll work. Since you get no points on the losing end of a knockout, it's possible you won't get any exp as before.

Sethy

Inkling
NNID
TySeanCat
I don't think that's how it'll work. Since you get no points on the losing end of a knockout, it's possible you won't get any exp as before.

Well -opps nerco-

just confirming thankfully in some situations in ranked due to the "survived for # of minutes" or "Ink turfed" you can receive some form of exp even if you were to completely lose in the end. :p
Thankfully due to this I'm nearly level 38. lol

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Nice! I wonder what the rewards are. Maybe... CANDY?!

sorry i put too much callie in my 5 AM coffee...
And I know this was posted many months ago, but I feel the need to correct that it's Marie that you're referencing, not Callie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom