How long are you planning on using Squidboards?

How long are you going to use Squidboards for?

• Total voters

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
With the resurgence, do you see yourself using this as a resource for a while to come, or is this nothing special for you?

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I think long term this forum will be best used as a community wide news feed or gatherimg place: the Low Ink mappool thread Popgun made is a perfect example of something a forum is perfect for that compared to Discord/Twitter would be incomprehensible to sort through. that is what I see this forum being used for long term.

Before the problem was simply lack of userbase but with large swaths of the community giving this place a try I think its a viable path, Pokemon has been doing it for decades with Smogen.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
I think long term this forum will be best used as a community wide news feed or gatherimg place: the Low Ink mappool thread Popgun made is a perfect example of something a forum is perfect for that compared to Discord/Twitter would be incomprehensible to sort through. that is what I see this forum being used for long term.

Before the problem was simply lack of userbase but with large swaths of the community giving this place a try I think its a viable path, Pokemon has been doing it for decades with Smogen.
Smogon is awesome, I still use it and Showdown even though I don't play the game seriously anymore

Lerno1

Inkling
I will also use it as long as it remains active. Having interacted in forum-based communities for a decent while before transitioning to Discord, I think they are just a great way to have elaborate discussions that are not just summarized in tweets or discord messages, and can be easily searched to find relevant information. Going on Google to search for something can often bring you to a forum site where a discussion on that topic took place, and while drama exists IMHO it's nowhere near as blatant as somewhere like Twitter, where engagement is focused around heated non-nuanced disagreements, or Discord/Reddit, where echo chambers form very easily. The state of Splatoon resources right now is also so spread out that it becomes difficult to gain a variety of level-headed viewpoints in a coherent place, or search for the nuanced advice/practice you need.

I really hope activity stays up and the Splatoon community can slowly start having serious discussions on here, to enhance understanding of the game and hopefully also reduce the casual/comp divide.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I've already been lurking here for a while now, because I'm tired of every corporate social media platform and want to see alternatives succeed. I'll probably keep an eye on it for however long I keep playing S3.

Zonink

DUNKACCINO
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-0113-7061-9838
depends on activity, I stopped using the site because discord basically swung a bat through every forum on the planet. Ideally comp resources could be put up here which would make this a much better place to point towards for newer players who want to study. instead of making them have to go scroll through hundreds of dead servers to find lost information.

PurpleN

Inkling
Pronouns
any
Switch Friend Code
SW-6373-3404-6327
i havent used forums much before and im already liking it here, ill stay for as long as it remains alive, i hope it does for a while but a part of me doubts it

Alphine_Agnitio

Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
i havent used forums much before and im already liking it here, ill stay for as long as it remains alive, i hope it does for a while but a part of me doubts it
Well the catch 22 is that in order for ppl to want to chat there needs to be ppl chatting already.

I hung out on Smashboards during the peak of Smash Ultimates and the moment Sora dropped half the community left overnight, and while theres still a lot of chatters its hard to justify talking in anything outside the basic social thread and the "beyond Smash Ulti" thread

Cyndane

Obscured in Ink!!
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
She/Her
I've always enjoyed the forum structure and they are a great as far as acting as a repository for community information. This place has sadly been underutilized since Discord took off years ago. Hoping that changes.

Alphine_Agnitio

Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I've always enjoyed the forum structure and they are a great as far as acting as a repository for community information. This place has sadly been underutilized since Discord took off years ago. Hoping that changes.
As long as the momentum keeps going I'm relatively confident this forum will go from dead to thriving.

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Well the catch 22 is that in order for ppl to want to chat there needs to be ppl chatting already.

I hung out on Smashboards during the peak of Smash Ultimates and the moment Sora dropped half the community left overnight, and while theres still a lot of chatters its hard to justify talking in anything outside the basic social thread and the "beyond Smash Ulti" thread
Side Order will hopefully draw more interest back to the game and if Nintendo takes the hint and keeps making seasons, Splatoon hopefully will have more time to develop and become competitive. If Nintendo has final fest, then peaces out, I guess I'll see you all when Splatoon 4 drops in 2026

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
I really want this place to thrive, so I'll be using this for as long as I can. Been really trying to get people I know on these boards so that they can abandon twitter. Forums are much better at having discussion.

Alphine_Agnitio

Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I really want this place to thrive, so I'll be using this for as long as I can. Been really trying to get people I know on these boards so that they can abandon twitter. Forums are much better at having discussion.
The activity boon of Squidboards has been another case of how important social media is nowadays tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom