• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How long did it take you to reach A +?

maximumtherayray

Inkster Jr.
NNID
maximumtherayray
I have been playing the game for about a month and a half and I've been stuck on B+ for about four days! I can't seem to figure out if I just reached my skill ceiling or if I just have to mess around and find the abilities that work for me. I've done so many things and it feels like this is gonna take forever. Now that the rank limit was raised to S+ I'm honestly getting kind of discouraged and I feel like I am never going to be that good. So anyways how long did it take you guys? Maybe I'm just being really impatient.

Cosmos

Inkling
NNID
knight-150
Um idk exactly how long it took me to get to A+ rank. But I was stuck at A- and B- for awhile. Then one day I just focused on my skill instead of my rank and sure enough I started winning a lot of consecutive matches in a row. Then 1 day later I maxed out my A+ rank. But focus on you're skill instead of you're rank. The more you worry about rank, the more you're going to lose because you'll be stressed out about losing you're rank during the match which is not a good thing. Because according to science, when you're worried about something the body releases a stress hormone which causes you not to think clearly and it interrupts you're focus a lot. That in turn will cause you to lose because you're reflexes will not be at 100%. So try to focus on you're skill rather then rank ok.

sammich

Inkling Cadet
I have been playing the game for about a month and a half and I've been stuck on B+ for about four days! I can't seem to figure out if I just reached my skill ceiling or if I just have to mess around and find the abilities that work for me. I've done so many things and it feels like this is gonna take forever. Now that the rank limit was raised to S+ I'm honestly getting kind of discouraged and I feel like I am never going to be that good. So anyways how long did it take you guys? Maybe I'm just being really impatient.
it'll probably be easier for you to get to A+ at least, since the really good players will already have vacated those ranks for the S ranks.

i haven't gotten to A+ yet. i was on my way up through A- and was literally 1 point away when i had a losing streak. since i play squiffer, feeling down is amplified (since not only do i make more poor decisions but i also stop being able to hit people).

RiDEL

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RiDEL_Puff
I don't know I'm still trying to get there. It's is such a pain getting up to higher ranks with random matchmaking. Luckily I've moved out of the void of B- and into B 90 because I was able to play with my squad, and I would even argue that a few of my friends were doing less then stellar when it came to listening to my commands. Doesn't matter though we notched out so many wins even with our small amounts of coordination. The only time we really lost is when we switched off our main weapons and started messin around.

maximumtherayray

Inkster Jr.
NNID
maximumtherayray
Yeah mainly i get annoyed with people who just don't get the objective of the game. Or when my whole team squid jumps to the tower all at once and instantly die. Like what did you expect. I don't really have friend to play with on private matches so all I can do now is get good I guess haha :p

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Don't remember how many time it took neither ; Getting out of C rank was ez ; B rank was quite harder to get out but once we once I hit A- it was a sweet ride toward A+.

maximumtherayray

Inkster Jr.
NNID
maximumtherayray
Nice! Maybe I just need to keep pushing! I freaking love this game haha xD

Kaze

Pro Squid
I reached A+ right before the august update and I'm not even a good player... :scared:
I used the Luna Blaster in tower control to take out those sneaky players hiding behind the pillar on the tower, I'm also using 3 main swim speed to rush to the center before the other team and flank them from the side, it does not work all the time though... :oops:
I'm currently S rank and that was after falling all the way down from A+ to A after the update...
the only reason I'm doing ranked is to save up cash faster for the new gear and re-rolls ;)

you can always blame your own team, but sometimes it might be you that are letting your own team down...

maximumtherayray

Inkster Jr.
NNID
maximumtherayray
Yeah that's awesome! Maybe you are a better player than you think! But yeah sometimes I like to blame my team even though I end up being the worst player. But hey I'm getting better I reached A -! In back to B+though :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom