How many of you "Roll" your grenades?

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
I didn't see a mention of this, but then again I haven't looked too hard.

But yeah online I see people lob their grenades high into the air, when they could just angle it to slide on the ground, allowing it to get caught on players and the grenade explodes quicker (as a result of being on the ground quicker)

This isn't really a advance tech or anything, I just want to bring this to common sense.

Terrain makes it hard, but there are some pretty sneaky places where you can pull this off.

Erico9001

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Erico9001
Mmhm, I do this too. Usually when I'm high up and wanting to hit people who are trying to climb up to me

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
Mmhm, I do this too. Usually when I'm high up and wanting to hit people who are trying to climb up to me
Just to make things clear I don't mean leaving the grenade pretty much at your feet as you're getting chased. I mean rolling it the same distance that you would normally throw it. Only that the grenade explodes quicker. There is almost no reason to air toss it other than the terrain might call for it or you might really need that tiny bit of extra range.

Chiiab

Shy person
NNID
Chiiab
I don't really use grenades so I don't roll them. Seems like a pretty smart thing to do though.

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
This may seem like a silly question, but how do you roll a grenade?
You angle the grenade towards the ground. But be careful not to aim too low or you won't get the near full distance of a grenade toss.

Erico9001

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Erico9001
Oh, well I do the roll on purpose for the lesser distance in order to make it drop over ledges and fall onto enemies. What I do is a different use for rolling the grenade.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
This is also can be used as a surprise attack if you squid jump to one of your teammates, and the enemy is waiting to shoot you right when you go down.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
This discussion may be better suited for the multiplayer boards. It's not really trying to promote competitive discussion it's just gauging interest in a technique which doesn't really help the game evolve competitively.

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
What's wrong with gauging interest in a strategy? You have made the same type of thread.

And you aren't obligated to answer, but I would like an explanation to why this is useless.

Unless I read that wrong and you were saying that gauging interest is useless.

Edit: you know what, I wouldn't mind it getting moved I guess.

Last edited:

WydrA

Inkling Commander
What's wrong with gauging interest in a strategy? You have made the same type of thread.

And you aren't obligated to answer, but I would like an explanation to why this is useless.

Unless I read that wrong and you were saying that gauging interest is useless.

Edit: you know what, I wouldn't mind it getting moved I guess.
Yeah not saying it's useless at all, I have no problem with t thread, i just don't think the thread matches the subforum is all. It's a little too broad for the competitive boards :)

RayneTheSkunk

Inkster Jr.
I'm more for bouncing my grenades off walls around corners personally. I don't really use them much in a situations where rolling would work. Just to get people who have got out of my range by using a grenade to basically follow them.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I do both depending on the situation. Rolling is good for a surprise, but throwing is good for getting over walls and bouncing off stuff as well as bomb rush.

However, I do prefer rolling mostly, unless I'm using charger, then it is very equal due to me need the splat bombs to be in certain areas the charger can't reach.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I usually roll them just because I feel both more accurate and cooler for doing it. I lob them when I want to throw them up ledges or over walls of course.

Funen1

Full Squid
NNID
Funen1
I've since started rolling my grenades after reading this thread lol. However, my results say I'm not particularly good at getting kills with grenades in general, so it's unlikely this is making a difference in my play just yet. Just gotta get better at aiming a rolled grenade, they can still go far if you aim it right.

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
I try to throw my grenades behind people, so that they either blow up from the grenade or are forced to move forward closer to me - unless I want them to be farther away from me, in which I just throw a grenade in front of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom